SLN

How long can I buy the time?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We already filed for I-751. I got the biometrics date already—it’s 08/10/2012

My husband has the other woman, but he also said that the main reason was that he was unhappy with our marriage to begin with.

and he started to mention that he wants divorce. But when I asked him for the firm answer---he refused to make it clear.

I told him to file for divorce—he said no—he’s not ready. It’s like when he’s in good calm mood he would show love , be caring and say he loves me. But when I mentioned the bar, strip club behaviors, he got upset and started to mention divorce here and there.

And he won’t stop his bars behaviors, won’t stop seeing this other woman. It’s like wants to have a good wife but also want to go out party, living life.

But I can’t stay in marriage and tolerate this either.

So here I am stuck in the limbo. Not knowing whether I should move on or move forward.

I now have a decent Marketing job with a good company. I can support my life here without him. BUT I don’t know what I really want to do yet.

If this marriage failed, I would want to go back home. But because it’s a serious thing like marriage. I want to give it a one year period.

He’s taking me for granted and he feels superior over me. And never took me seriously. And he knows that I will need him if we have to go for the interview with USCIS.

I now stopped relying on him financially and I want to let him know that I’m independent and choose to be with him because I love him and I want him to take it seriously because I will not tolerate this anymore.

Here’s my question :

1.How long can I buy the time?

If I got the case approved without having to go for the interview is fine. But what if we got called in for the interview?

Can I keep reschedule it? My GC expires 30 September 2012, and NOA extended for one year – so it’s 30 September 2013

I will tell him that I’ll give him a chance to get his act together and I mean it this time. My deadline would be before 30 September 2013

If we have to go for the interview, I’ll keep reschedule it. I won’t ask/beg him to go with me on the interview. And if he can’t change by the time the deadline comes, I’ll file for divorce and go home.

We’re living together, and I’ll do best my part to be a wife, continue work, cook, clean and etc.

2. If I got my GC approved without having to go for the interview. I would do the same—giving him a year to regroup. I’ll continue doing my best as wife.

I as a women would advise you to tell him to give you a divorce and move out. If he loves you he will look for you and he will know that you don't care or you're not with him just for the perm card. No one deserves to be treated like that and you need to put your foot down if you want to start being treated with respect. # My opinion Hope it all works out for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

im so sorry for you noone deserves this.... you should tell him that you want as divorce bc of his cheating ways if he truly loves you he will stop.. only give him 6 months not a year and just for your interest speak to an immigration attorney just to get some answers to these questions about your interview.... you could also tell him you wanna to do a trial separation and see what he says.... good luck to you

Edited by habibi11

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

I know I am desperate. But my last hope would be...if he sees me being independent...living my life. He may want me, that would remind him when/how he first wanted to have me and wanted to marry me.

Som2199, you know you do not need a man in your life to an awesome and fulfilling life... Sorry to say that, but with every second we are closer to death and it is important to enjoy life and live to the fullest every single day. You can do it all by yourself and if you happen to meet someone who appreciates you for who you are, good for you... It seems that you came to foreign country the same way I did, learned different culture, made a career - you are already an accomplished and independent woman... if your husband does not see that, it is his problem...

I was raised by awesome mom and grandma who both were divorced and really happy, well educated career women.. I always thought that marriage is nice when it works, but if it does not, no point in wasting life with someone who makes you miserable..

In summary, I just really hope that you are happy in whatever you do.. Life is too short...

Edited by AngelinaBlack

2003 - J1

2004 - F1

2006 - OPT

2007 - B1

2009 - conditional GC

2012 - permanent resident

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.