Lee&Lee

Advance Parole Concern

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! My fiance and I are on our 5th and a half month of waiting for the NOA2 of our K1 to arrive. Our file is in Vermont and I've noticed that lately it has been slower for that service center.

Anyway, back in January 2012 we already made plans to get married in the Philippines (church wedding with all our friends and family). We booked our church and reception for early March 2013. We counted the months for the K1 visa process and at that time, it all seemed to fit. We'd get married civilly in the US around Sept or Oct 2012 and apply for Advanced Parole so that we can return for our March 2013 wedding. Because things have been moving quite slowly and we don't have our NOA2 yet we were thinking of moving the wedding to maybe June 2013.

Do you think that if we hang on to our March 2013 wedding, we'd be able to make it back to the Philippines on feb 2013 to do last minute preparations? Or would it be wiser to move the wedding to a later date, say June 2013? The USCIS website says it takes a minimum of 3 months for advanced parole to get approved. I'm just worried that the NOA2 might arrive later and that the transit from Vermont to NVC to the US Embassy in the Philippines might take long and AP might take more than 3 months to approve for whatever reason.

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter! God bless everyone!

Because this process is so unpredictable, work with what you can control. If moving the date further out would reduce your worry/stress now, move the date. Or, you can wait and see and hope your current plans stay in place.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi! My fiance and I are on our 5th and a half month of waiting for the NOA2 of our K1 to arrive. Our file is in Vermont and I've noticed that lately it has been slower for that service center.

Anyway, back in January 2012 we already made plans to get married in the Philippines (church wedding with all our friends and family). We booked our church and reception for early March 2013. We counted the months for the K1 visa process and at that time, it all seemed to fit. We'd get married civilly in the US around Sept or Oct 2012 and apply for Advanced Parole so that we can return for our March 2013 wedding. Because things have been moving quite slowly and we don't have our NOA2 yet we were thinking of moving the wedding to maybe June 2013.

Do you think that if we hang on to our March 2013 wedding, we'd be able to make it back to the Philippines on feb 2013 to do last minute preparations? Or would it be wiser to move the wedding to a later date, say June 2013? The USCIS website says it takes a minimum of 3 months for advanced parole to get approved. I'm just worried that the NOA2 might arrive later and that the transit from Vermont to NVC to the US Embassy in the Philippines might take long and AP might take more than 3 months to approve for whatever reason.

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter! God bless everyone!

The wise choice is to refrain from setting the date until you at least have the visa in hand. The same goes for any decisions that cannot be implemented until other things outside your control are accomplished.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The wise choice is to refrain from setting the date until you at least have the visa in hand. The same goes for any decisions that cannot be implemented until other things outside your control are accomplished.

:thumbs: You can only control what you can control

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

This is the excellent advice to avoid or reduce self-inflicted anxiety. These immigration processes tend to produce plenty of anxiety, there is no reasonable sense in adding more. :no:

My fiancee and I only finalized our simple wedding plans only after she had possession of her passport with the K-1 visa attached. :yes: We felt that the whole consulate interview process and associated preparation required our attention, caused enough anxiety, and we certainly didn't need to be distracted by other external sources of anxiety. :blink:

We are certainly looking forward to her and her son's arrival this coming Thursday at their planned POE at Seattle. :dance: We are planning on getting married the following Monday at the downtown Seattle Municipal Court. :dance:

Good luck on your visa journey.

YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the great advice everyone! I've just been a bit anxious about the whole process =) I guess most people are. haha Well, my fiance and I are moving our church wedding to June HOWEVER, we're keeping our minds open to the possibility that it may be moved further back (though we're praying it won't). At least for now, we don't need to worry so much about not making it back to the Philippines on March =)

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.