waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
This was posted today on immigrate2us.net

Here's a link to a copy of the chat. http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15049

It was part of the on line chat with Laurel Scott

This is the quote from Warren Janssen, the Officer-in-Charge of the USCIS Cd. Juarez office.

"We're still working on a comprehensive plan to clean up all of the backlogged waivers within 90-120 days after we begin the project. Additional clerks are here now preparing the waivers to be ready when adjudicating officers arrive for the blitz. I don't have a starting time for this at this time. "

Finally some good news.

Pat

when is the new juarez pilot set to begin?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here's a link to a copy of the chat. http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15049

This is the quote from Warren Janssen, the Officer-in-Charge of the USCIS Cd. Juarez office.

"We're still working on a comprehensive plan to clean up all of the backlogged waivers within 90-120 days after we begin the project. Additional clerks are here now preparing the waivers to be ready when adjudicating officers arrive for the blitz. I don't have a starting time for this at this time. "

Finally some good news.

Pat

The pilot program started in March. This post is in reference the huge backlog of waivers that were not eligible for the pilot program. If they put something in place sometime soon, it's great news.

Timeline

Finally some good news.

Pat

I hate to admit that I'm being selfish, but I was wondering if it would slow down the K-1 process!

The pilot program started in March. This post is in reference the huge backlog of waivers that were not eligible for the pilot program. If they put something in place sometime soon, it's great news.

Timeline
I hate to admit that I'm being selfish, but I was wondering if it would slow down the K-1 process!

There is no relationship between K1 visas and waiver processing. K1 visas are handled by the consulate; waivers are handled by DHS in another office with different staff.

Timeline

Crisis with homeboy's passport!!!

Just let me know that they left out an e on his second name, so it reads Ptronilo instead of Petronilo. He went back and they told him that he'd have to pay for another passport for it to be changed. This sucks because he got the longest one, either 3 or 5 years. And even worse is that he has to pay for their oversight.

So will this need to be done? Crapola.

Would it be wise to email Juarez?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

After reading everything over a million times, am I correct in thinking that we do NOT need a constancia de no antecedentes penales????

Just let me know that they left out an e on his second name, so it reads Ptronilo instead of Petronilo. He went back and they told him that he'd have to pay for another passport for it to be changed. This sucks because he got the longest one, either 3 or 5 years. And even worse is that he has to pay for their oversight.

this sucks. I wonder if it really makes that big of a deal. But knowing them, it probably does :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

That does really stink. I would definitely have it corrected. Passport is very important.

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline
After reading everything over a million times, am I correct in thinking that we do NOT need a constancia de no antecedentes penales????

Right - not required.

GabachaYucateca, at least you have a sense of humor about all of this #######! Can't he just tell them it was their mistake and they need to correct it? I know it's not a very Mexican thing to do, but if he pushes and gets them to do it, he won't have to pay all over again. (That is really ridiculous!)

Timeline

Well, kitkat, that's exactly what I would do. I can be one pushy b$tch. Unfortunately, he gets meek in these situations and just accepts what people tell him. I will try to rile him up about the injustice of paying for another password and see if that fires him up to go to the office.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Gabacha didn't know you were here at VJ! I would def get it change one way or another. They use the passport for everything down there.

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

Timeline

Whatever is on his official documents could very well be what they put on his visa and residency card. We made several attempts to get a good copy of his birth certificate. The first one, they misspelled Octubre and the passport office wouldn't accept it and the second one they misspelled his first name. I wouldn definately get it fixd. I know what you mean about the cost though. When Adolfo went for his passport, he only got a 1 year passport. I did the math and it will probably not have enough time left before expiration by the time he gets his visa. Now that's another 4120 we'll have to spend for a 5 year visa. Sigh.....I need to receive a financial miracle! lol

That does really stink. I would definitely have it corrected. Passport is very important.

Timeline

Finally some good news.

Pat

Good news for all of you with waivers!!! Good luck and I hope it goes fast. Ya'll have waited so long already.

Timeline

Yeah, the thing that really ticks me off is that he's already paid for a five year, and now that he has to get it redone, he'll prob only be able to pay for a shorter one.

Well, everything has gone smoothly so far, I'm not surprised that there's a problem to mix things up a little bit.

Hey, JessiPooh...yep, I'm here too! I've seen the picture of you and your hubby many times, but until you made that comment it didn't click that i've seen it in two different places!

Timeline
Yeah, the thing that really ticks me off is that he's already paid for a five year, and now that he has to get it redone, he'll prob only be able to pay for a shorter one.

Well, everything has gone smoothly so far, I'm not surprised that there's a problem to mix things up a little bit.

Hey, JessiPooh...yep, I'm here too! I've seen the picture of you and your hubby many times, but until you made that comment it didn't click that i've seen it in two different places!

Adolfo is going the first of the month to get a 5 year since his 1 year probably won't work...unless of course they keep up the speedy approvals! I only get paid once a month, that's why he has to wait. His job obviously doesn't pay much so he won't be able to pay for it. They certainly don't make things easy OR cheap for obtaining a visa.

Gabacha,

You need to tell your man to insist on getting it changed, IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE, GRRRR I'm getting mad for you, :lol: No really, he should insist on getting it fixed. He will need his passport for the next stages: medical in juarez, interview in juarez, crossing into the U.S., applying for SSN, AOS phase. It should definately be changed or it may present problems for you guys.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.