waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow that is the first time I've seen us that far down on the list. We can't let that happen :)

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Allright, Angie! Congratulations! It sounds like you have a very multilingual household- I can see how it would get confusing, but I bet it`s also a lot of fun to try holding up conversations between three languages that are so diferent from each other.

My wife`s GC arrived today. The envelope looked like junk mail- I`m glad I didn`t throw it in the garbage! She passed the written test (in English) for her drivers license last week and refused to pay the extra $21 for a learners permit. Yesterday she flunked the driving portion and finaly conceded to shell out for the permit. She`ll pass it next time (Wed, I think).

Timeline
Congrats Allie, another bunch of tramites completed! I'm trying to get started on AOS before my wedding and it's a SLOW start...

Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that English could really use a good translation for "tramites"? That`s the one Spanish word I most wish for when speaking English! As is, it`s kind of invaded my family`s English because I found it easier to explain "tramites" to my family than to correct my wife when she says "tramit" in English. Now my mother says it too, half joking, but it`s taking a pretty good hold. My next wish is for a smooth equivalent to "Por eso".

Timeline
Congrats Allie, another bunch of tramites completed! I'm trying to get started on AOS before my wedding and it's a SLOW start...

Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that English could really use a good translation for "tramites"? That`s the one Spanish word I most wish for when speaking English! As is, it`s kind of invaded my family`s English because I found it easier to explain "tramites" to my family than to correct my wife when she says "tramit" in English. Now my mother says it too, half joking, but it`s taking a pretty good hold. My next wish is for a smooth equivalent to "Por eso".

For tramites, I use "paperwork"

For por eso, I use "for that/this reason"

Anyone else?

Timeline

I could have it wrong, but I use "tramites" for any steps that need to be taken- much broader than "paperwork". "For this/that reason" just doesn`t seem to work as smoothly in a sentence and really doesn`t work at all when it`s a sentence by itself.

Timeline
I could have it wrong, but I use "tramites" for any steps that need to be taken- much broader than "paperwork". "For this/that reason" just doesn`t seem to work as smoothly in a sentence and really doesn`t work at all when it`s a sentence by itself.

how 'bout "that's why" for por eso on its own?

Timeline

I don't think you will ever have an exact translation to a lot of words. I have found that between Polish and English too... I think Spanish and Polish are just richer than English in choice of vocabulary.

I have always tried to think of 'tramite' in the broader sense as a "procedure" which could include "paperwork" as KitKat said and other things although it really depends on the context.

I also find it frustrating when translating to English and not being able to find an exact word for what I can say in another language. Usually there is something close to that word but not exactly the same.

Back to a question I posted earlier about Advance Parole - I know this forum is not about AP but those of you who did apply for it, what did you write for the date you expect to leave the country? Did you just pick a random date if you didn't have one in mind? Cassandra - you said you would reccomend getting AP just to have it - what do you plan on writing for the date?

Hope to see some NOA2s and packets arriving soon for those waiting!! :yes:

Un abrazo,

Agnieszka

08/09/06 - sent I-129F

08/11/06 - I-129F received at NSC (later transferred to CSC)

08/17/06 - I-129F returned because of expired form

08/24/06 - sent I-129F again

08/31/06 - NOA1

11/17/06 - NOA2

11/27/06 - NVC received file

11/29/06 - NVC sent file to CDJ :)

01/29/07 - CDJ "received" file and sent packet - wooohooo!!!

02/05/07 - I received the packet at last!!!

02/13/07 - Medical Exam

02/14/07 - INTERVIEW - VISA RECEIVED!!! :) :)

02/19/07 - US Entry

03/02/07 - Applied for SSN

03/09/07 - SSN card came in the mail

03/09/07 - Civil Wedding!!

08/11/07 - Big Religious Wedding!!! (we've been planning it since July '06!)

AOS/EAD

04/09/07 - sent I-485 & I-765 by FedEx

04/11/07 - I-485 & I-765 arrived in Chicago

04/17/07 - NOA1 date for both

04/20/07 - NOA1 received in mail for both; checks cashed

04/23/07 - touch

04/27/07 - received Biometrics letter

05/16/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

05/21/07 - Biometrics

05/22/07 - touch AOS & EAD

06/03/07 - received email that AOS is pending at CSC

06/05/07 - touch on AOS

06/14/07 - touch on AOS

06/25/07 - EAD card production ordered!

06/25/07 - touch on AOS

06/26/07 - Green card approved & welcome notice sent!! :)

hi everyone,

I am so sorry for not checking in with you guys for a while, but I've been very very busy. Tomorrow I head out to Guadalajara to bring my Juan back with me. I'm spending my spring break down in Mexico and then bringing back my Juan with me. Finally, it's hard to believe that after almost 6 years of being in a long-distance relationship, we get to be together. It just hasn't settled in that he's almost here with me, it is just so hard to believe!! Okay I'm off to finish my packing. :P

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Back to a question I posted earlier about Advance Parole - I know this forum is not about AP but those of you who did apply for it, what did you write for the date you expect to leave the country? Did you just pick a random date if you didn't have one in mind? Cassandra - you said you would reccomend getting AP just to have it - what do you plan on writing for the date?

I applied for AP together with my AOS and EAD, but I do have a date I'd definitely need it by. My sister's wedding is in early August, so I'd need an AP in case I don't have my AOS completed by then (after going through IMBRA I know I can expect just about anything from USCIS - and I've seen cases of people that have been waiting since June last year for their AOS!), so I put a July date on in, just to be safe.

BTW, I know what you guys mean about feeling frustrated of not finding the "right" words in English for what you want to say. The other day I burned my finger and I said "me arde", and I could not find the right word in English for it..burns es "quemar" which is not exactly what we mean by "arder" when we say it in that sense since we use it also for open wounds that have nothing to do with heat; itch is more like "comezón" o "picar", and hurt es "doler", so none of those words worked :wacko: Or another time for some reason I don't remember I was thinking of the saying "en la tierra de ciegos el tuerto es el rey", and then I tought: what's the english word for "tuerto"? and for some reason "one-eyed" didn't cut it, since tuertos did have two eyes at some point :wacko: and same goes for "manco" or "cojo"

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Timeline
hi everyone,

I am so sorry for not checking in with you guys for a while, but I've been very very busy. Tomorrow I head out to Guadalajara to bring my Juan back with me. I'm spending my spring break down in Mexico and then bringing back my Juan with me. Finally, it's hard to believe that after almost 6 years of being in a long-distance relationship, we get to be together. It just hasn't settled in that he's almost here with me, it is just so hard to believe!! Okay I'm off to finish my packing. :P

Wow, I thought he was already here! Have a wonderful trip and I wish you plenty of luck. Hope his adjustment to the US works out well, too.

E&K, is "tuerto" only for people who originally had two good eyes?

Anyone know a good way to express "looking forward to" in Spanish? That`s one that I wish for sometimes. I also wish that "esperar" weren`t so broad.

Edited by bdesj

Timeline
Anyone know a good way to express "looking forward to" in Spanish? That`s one that I wish for sometimes. I also wish that "esperar" weren`t so broad.

ARRGGHHH - I've been working on that one for YEARS now . . . E&K, can you help? It's impossible for me to express "looking forward to" in Spanish and I have asked so many people!

Hello Everyone!

I see everyone is moving along nicely. Alejandra: Good luck and have fun! Don't think of all this immigration stuff yet!

Agnie and E&K: I applied for AP simply for the fact that things are so unsure with USCIS. Some people go by quickly and others get stuck for months or years (through no fault of their own). I had my interview within a month and a half of applying, but unfortunately FBI namecheck had not been completed....so we are stuck! Think of AP and EAD as insurance...hopefully you don't need it but if you do, it is a life-saver. I have now encountered people who have been stuck in name checksince 2002! There is no magic number of months or years...so prepare for it!

KitKat: I have another word I have a very difficult time translating into Spanish: Wonder. I am always saying, I wonder what will happen? I know how to explain what I am saying, but I can't think of an exact translation.

I am so fed up with all this immigration stuff! If and when you guys need help, let me know. I have now research this part extensively! :wacko:

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline
KitKat: I have another word I have a very difficult time translating into Spanish: Wonder. I am always saying, I wonder what will happen? I know how to explain what I am saying, but I can't think of an exact translation.

I would say "me pregunto" - anyone else have other options?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yup, I'd say me pregunto too.

I also like the word chimuelo...translates as toothless but it's used for one who's not completely toothless...like when a kid is missing her front tooth.

I checked my super huge translators dictionary just to make sure that I was not talking oyt of my a$$ and I saw that "grey mullet" was in the English to Spanish section. Who woulda thought?

Looking forward to doesn't really have a translation...but I'd probably say something like "Estoy emocionada que llegue mi chavo en los eeuu." or something similar.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.