waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Going on 4 years now for a 3 month fiance visa! Incompetent embassy - I'm disgusted with them. I'm ready to get married and just give up everything and go to Mexico and live poor.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

I am so sorry you have been waiting for so long. I feel your pain. I was pregnant and our K1 took over a year to approve. My fiance missed the birth of our son. It was the worst possible thing ever. I went to Juarez with my fiance and my 3 month old son last July. It took 1 miserable week there. I also had my 7 year old son with us, who of course had no idea what was going on. Why do we have to stay here?

Anyway, I wish you the best. I will pray for you. I think it would be so much easier to go to Mexico and be poor like you said. I think you'll make it. You will be just fine. IF you have the love and loyalty to wait 4 years, you can live anywhere. I know Mexico is so much different and you think about the money, but love will endure. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if you have any questions about Juarez.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

<!--quoteo(post=2188540:date=Sep 5 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Janet and Edgar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Janet and Edgar @ Sep 5 2008, 01:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2188540"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hello All:

Just popped to see how everyone is doing - looks like there are some new posters in here and that ppl are getting their visas, wonderful.

We are still waiting out our 3 year ban so as I have said before please remember to brief your fiances before their medical exam not to admit to past drug use even if it was just experimentation. Just don't go there, it's not worth it trust me.

My fiance is very clean, just experimented in high school and then admitted to smoking a joint 6 months before the interview which was a total fluke because he doesn't use drugs or drink. Because of the psychologist at the medical coaxing him to tell the truth "that nothing will happen to affect your visa", my fiance told her that he experimented in high school and smoked marijuana 6 months before his interview so we were denied. The denial turned our whole world upside down not to mention so much $$ down the drain. I remember talking to my fiance after the medical and asked "how did it go?", when he told me what he said all he could hear was screaming from my end of the phone - I couldn't believe it, I knew it was over and done with right there. He got mad at me and said there is nothing to worry about because "the psychologist told him" and I just kept freaking out and crying. He said he couldn't take the stress from me anymore and that he wasn't going to talk to me again until after the interview. Of course the next day he called me crying and apologizing.

We still have 15 more months to go to wait and we are really not sure what we are supposed to do. I am going to try and call the consulate this week as we don't know if we have to re-apply, what to bring with us, nothing. We both were in such a bad state from the denial it was hard to comprehend anything at that time.

We are still holding on though this process is very long and very tough.

If there is anyone out there that has gone though this I would appreciate any input you may have.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi Janet,

The last 2 times you were here, I posted some info on 2 other members who went through the same thing you did, and they were approved. They were approved in November/December (somewhere around that time), and you posted your questions sometime in the spring and early summer, I think.

<!--quoteo(post=2185666:date=Sep 4 2008, 05:14 PM:name=caityrose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (caityrose @ Sep 4 2008, 05:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2185666"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hello everyone,

I briefly scanned the new posts- and I see someone got their visa!! I will read later and do a better job of congratulating you!!

My question: Do you think the CDJ embassy will be closed on Election Day? I know it's not a "holiday" perhaps, but would they close??

Thanks!

Caity<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They're closed on American & Mexican holidays. Here's the info on the holidays: <a href="http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/holidays.html" target="_blank">http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/holidays.html</a> but they've been known to close for no reason, unannounced, which sucks... Good luck!

Would you mind sending me the information you sent to Janet about the other two people? We are going next week. We had to wait an additional two weeks as Mexico just changed their laws for obtaining a passport. I leave Friday April 23rd

K-1 Visa

Event Date Engaged 11-28-07

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-11

NVC Received : 2008-06-16

NVC Left : 2008-06-18

Consulate Received : 2008-06-20

Touch: 2008-7-1 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

Touch: 2008-7-9 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

Touch: 2008-7-17 Called (not in Juarez computer system yet)

told me typically is 4-5 weeks after receipt before the case is

entered in the system...maybe next week

Packet 3 Received : 2008-07-26

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : August 23rd (DENIED)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04/30/2010

Marriage : 07/17/2010

AOS: Work permit and advanced parole 03/16/11

Resident card 04-16-11

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The psychologist rejected my fiance's proof of rehab and then turned around and told the embassy that my fiance failed to produce proof of rehab, I cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth this doctor would do that to us? I'm just sick over this and I miss my fiance so much it's making my physically ill. I just got back from visiting him over easter and now I'm ready to go back again, I can't wait out the three more months for them to jerk us around again - all I do is cry and cry, I'm SICK without my fiance. The thought of them wasting another $2000 of our money for this nonsense is making me sick. I've already decided that if they do not give us our visa in August, that we are just going to ditch this whole fiasco, I will quit my good job and sell my home (if i can even sell it) and go to Mexico, how #### backwards is that. Please say a prayer for us that they don't screw us again and that we get what we deserve, our visa to get married. Whatever they do, I will marry my fiance, they can't keep me from doing that.

The psychologist rejected my fiance's proof of rehab and then turned around and told the embassy that my fiance failed to produce proof of rehab, I cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth this doctor would do that to us? I'm just sick over this and I miss my fiance so much it's making my physically ill. I just got back from visiting him over easter and now I'm ready to go back again, I can't wait out the three more months for them to jerk us around again - all I do is cry and cry, I'm SICK without my fiance. The thought of them wasting another $2000 of our money for this nonsense is making me sick. I've already decided that if they do not give us our visa in August, that we are just going to ditch this whole fiasco, I will quit my good job and sell my home (if i can even sell it) and go to Mexico, how #### backwards is that. Please say a prayer for us that they don't screw us again and that we get what we deserve, our visa to get married. Whatever they do, I will marry my fiance, they can't keep me from doing that.

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Nice, I just found out that two cocaine users got their visas! My fiance smoked a joint 3 years ago and still doesn't have his visa, great work Juarez!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline

The instructions state that my fiance needs to bring Proof of U.S. Citizenship for petitioner Birth certificate or passport.

Can this be a copy of my birth certificate? Or does it have to be the original?

If it's the original will I get it back? I sure as heck am not sending my real passport along with the other papers to my fiance. That makes me uncomfortable. I already lost one passport and they are expensive to replace.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The instructions state that my fiance needs to bring Proof of U.S. Citizenship for petitioner Birth certificate or passport.

Can this be a copy of my birth certificate? Or does it have to be the original?

If it's the original will I get it back? I sure as heck am not sending my real passport along with the other papers to my fiance. That makes me uncomfortable. I already lost one passport and they are expensive to replace.

Hi,

Copy of your birth certificate will be fine, I had the original in case they want to see it but DO NOT include any original in your paperwork because that will be last time you see your documents.

:star:

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline

a couple questions

How did you organize everything?

Do they ask for everything at once? So go with one big complete document package?

Or did they ask for things separately so individual folders?

I see they want the petitioners financial items in duplicate.

Do you need a 3rd copy for the I-134?

Actually, in the instructions I do not even see that they request the I-134? did they ask you for one?

Any other financial document tips?

Thanks!

• 11/12/2009 - I-129F Mailed
  • 11/17/2009 - I-129F NOA1
  • 02/24/2010 - I-129F NOA2
  • 03/04/2010 - NVC mailed consulate
  • 04/12/2010 - Packet 3 received
  • 06/01/2010 - Medical
  • 06/02/2010 - Interview
  • 06/03/2010 - Visa received!!
  • 10/13/2010 - MARRIED!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

a couple questions

Do they ask for everything at once? So go with one big complete document package?

Actually, in the instructions I do not even see that they request the I-134? did they ask you for one?

Thanks!

Hi,

It really doesn't matter how you organize your documents as long as you know where is every single form it's ok.

You can not bring binders or any metal things inside the Consulate so I got a plastic organizer with lots of dividers labeled with the name of the form because the first officer you will talk to will ask for the forms along with evidence (if requiquired) one by one.

I had the same doubt about the I-34 so I called Juarez to make sure and the representative told me that the Affidavit of Support was not part of this process, SO WRONG ... that was the FIRST form the officer requested at my interview, fortunately I had it with copies of the previous 3 years taxes, employment letter and bank account from my husband (sponsor).

Hope this helps, if you have more doubts feel free to ask!

:star:

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

a couple questions

Thanks!

Hi Douglas,

I am going to put everything in a folder and then sub folders with the names of the forms written on the tabs. My fiance is already nervous so I don't want him to get frustrated looking for forms since they have to bring so many.

Did your fiancee fill out the DS-157? I had trouble with finding Juarez as the location when selecting where you are filling for your visa.

We are heading to Juarez Sunday, when are you guys going?

12-28-09 Sent I-29F
12-29-09 VSC received I-29F
01-06-10 NOA1 hardcopy received
03-16-10 NOA2 email
05-18-10 Interview-Approved!
05-20-10 K-1 Visa received-entered US
06-04-10-Married

Adjustment of Status
06-17-10 Sent AOS & EAD
06-18-10 AOS & EAD received at Chicago lockbox
06-23-10 NOA Email & Text received
06-24-10 Check cashed
06-26-10 NOA Hardcopies received
06-28-10 Touched
07-06-10 Biometrics letter-appointment 7-26-10
07-07-10 Walk-in Biometrics successful
07-16-10 EAD Touch, AOS RFE sent ) :
07-19-10 RFE letter received for tax transcript /AOS & EAD touch
07-22-10 text RFE received
07-23-10 AOS touch
08-05-10 AOS transferred to CSC
08-06-10 AOS touch
08-07-10 AOS & EAD touch
08-12-10 case resumed at CSC
08-19-10 EAD card production ordered
08-20-10 text EAD approved-EAD touch
08-23-10 AOS touch
08-24-10 AOS touch
08-25-10 2nd notice EAD card ordered
08-28-10 EAD card received
09-21-10 GC Production ordered
09-27-10 GC and Welcome letter received

N400

1-6-2016-sent N400 express 1 day mail

1-7-2016- received at Texas lockbox and signed by K Coltrin

1-12-2016-check cashed

Timeline

Hi Douglas,

I am going to put everything in a folder and then sub folders with the names of the forms written on the tabs. My fiance is already nervous so I don't want him to get frustrated looking for forms since they have to bring so many.

Did your fiancee fill out the DS-157? I had trouble with finding Juarez as the location when selecting where you are filling for your visa.

We are heading to Juarez Sunday, when are you guys going?

We are going June 1st

I do not see in that form where they ask you about location (Juarez)?

Also, in Juarez's instructions I do not see they even require the DS-157, did you?

But, she plans to fill out the DS-157 (soon).

Good luck, and I'd love to hear how everything went!

• 06/01/2010 - Medical
  • 06/02/2010 - Interview
  • 10/13/2010 - MARRIED!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are going June 1st

I do not see in that form where they ask you about location (Juarez)?

Also, in Juarez's instructions I do not see they even require the DS-157, did you?

But, she plans to fill out the DS-157 (soon).

Good luck, and I'd love to hear how everything went!

So looks like I was confused for some reason when I did a search for the DS-157 it took me to some new form DS-160, so nevermind on that question.

As far as the requirement to fill out DS-157 it is not mentioned on the consulate website but I have seen numerous people who have said it's not on the website but it is required. It's also listed under the portal link for Consulate information.

Also did you use the DS-156K form from the website? I notice it's in Spanish and does not let you type any info and it's expired. Should we just use the one from Visajourney?

12-28-09 Sent I-29F
12-29-09 VSC received I-29F
01-06-10 NOA1 hardcopy received
03-16-10 NOA2 email
05-18-10 Interview-Approved!
05-20-10 K-1 Visa received-entered US
06-04-10-Married

Adjustment of Status
06-17-10 Sent AOS & EAD
06-18-10 AOS & EAD received at Chicago lockbox
06-23-10 NOA Email & Text received
06-24-10 Check cashed
06-26-10 NOA Hardcopies received
06-28-10 Touched
07-06-10 Biometrics letter-appointment 7-26-10
07-07-10 Walk-in Biometrics successful
07-16-10 EAD Touch, AOS RFE sent ) :
07-19-10 RFE letter received for tax transcript /AOS & EAD touch
07-22-10 text RFE received
07-23-10 AOS touch
08-05-10 AOS transferred to CSC
08-06-10 AOS touch
08-07-10 AOS & EAD touch
08-12-10 case resumed at CSC
08-19-10 EAD card production ordered
08-20-10 text EAD approved-EAD touch
08-23-10 AOS touch
08-24-10 AOS touch
08-25-10 2nd notice EAD card ordered
08-28-10 EAD card received
09-21-10 GC Production ordered
09-27-10 GC and Welcome letter received

N400

1-6-2016-sent N400 express 1 day mail

1-7-2016- received at Texas lockbox and signed by K Coltrin

1-12-2016-check cashed

Timeline

So looks like I was confused for some reason when I did a search for the DS-157 it took me to some new form DS-160, so nevermind on that question.

As far as the requirement to fill out DS-157 it is not mentioned on the consulate website but I have seen numerous people who have said it's not on the website but it is required. It's also listed under the portal link for Consulate information.

Also did you use the DS-156K form from the website? I notice it's in Spanish and does not let you type any info and it's expired. Should we just use the one from Visajourney?

We were going to use this one:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

• 06/01/2010 - Medical
  • 06/02/2010 - Interview
  • 10/13/2010 - MARRIED!!

Timeline

Another question, what time did people get in line for the medical?

• 06/01/2010 - Medical
  • 06/02/2010 - Interview
  • 10/13/2010 - MARRIED!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.