waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
oct 18

You have to give us a full report when you go.

Ok guys, I need some advice. Juarez received my paper work on September 22 and I figured with hope we should hear something in a month. I want to buy a plane ticket because the sooner I purchase it the cheaper it will be. I was considering buying the tickets for the week of November 16th about a 1 1/2 from when Juarez received my paper work. Do you guys think this is tooooo risky.

Oh and another question are you guys using the I-134 form when you go to Juarez? Please any help would be appreciated.

I got news from Juarez almost month and half after they received my papers ... I would recommend to get your tickets at the end of November-December ... my opinion.

I-134 form is a MUST, your visa will be denied if you don't bring that with you ... is a nightmare everytime you call to Juarez you have different stories, when I called the first time guy told me I-134 was not necessary until AOS ... NOT TRUE ... furtunately my bf sent it to me before and was the first form Consul requested.

:star:

Thanks for the advice! I know on the Juarez website it only gives you documents you can present for financial support so that is why I didn't think it was necessary, but I still wanted to take it because I hear it makes organizing everything easier. Did you actually wait for the invitation letter? I more then likely will not wait for the actually invitation letter (hard copy). As long as I get the green light (invitation has been sent) I am going to go to Juarez.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
oct 18

You have to give us a full report when you go.

Ok guys, I need some advice. Juarez received my paper work on September 22 and I figured with hope we should hear something in a month. I want to buy a plane ticket because the sooner I purchase it the cheaper it will be. I was considering buying the tickets for the week of November 16th about a 1 1/2 from when Juarez received my paper work. Do you guys think this is tooooo risky.

Oh and another question are you guys using the I-134 form when you go to Juarez? Please any help would be appreciated.

I got news from Juarez almost month and half after they received my papers ... I would recommend to get your tickets at the end of November-December ... my opinion.

I-134 form is a MUST, your visa will be denied if you don't bring that with you ... is a nightmare everytime you call to Juarez you have different stories, when I called the first time guy told me I-134 was not necessary until AOS ... NOT TRUE ... furtunately my bf sent it to me before and was the first form Consul requested.

Thanks for the advice! I know on the Juarez website it only gives you documents you can present for financial support so that is why I didn't think it was necessary, but I still wanted to take it because I hear it makes organizing everything easier. Did you actually wait for the invitation letter? I more then likely will not wait for the actually invitation letter (hard copy). As long as I get the green light (invitation has been sent) I am going to go to Juarez.

Andrea

I was kind of worried because did not heard news after a month and half and did not know was able to go without the letter, 2 or 3 days after a call while we were planning my trip my bf got the letter ... I did not get anything here in Mexico, he got all the NOAS and everything.

So yes, best thing to do is wait for the green light and get that visa soon!!!

If you have more quiestions feel free to ask!

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Isi,

We went ahead and made plans before we got the letter. We know that they mailed the letter and packet 3 to us from Juarez on Sept 18th. We are going to arrive in Juarez on the 14th of October. The Consulate will be closed that day but Roberto hopes to get the medical done on that day. I would like some more help if you or anyone else can offer it on taxis from El Paso to the Holiday Inn Las Misiones. I know you said that there might be some taxis that will take you to the embassy for free of you have an appointment. I am looking for all taxi options to and from the airport in El Paso. I loved the pics you took from your Holiday Inn window (that sold us, Roberto made the reservation right after that). Roberto flies to Juarez but I fly to El Paso by myself and get there at night so I want a safe but affordable option and I want to be able to plan ahead. If you or anyone else that has been can offer some help then I'd really appreciate it.

Let me know.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline
Isi,

We went ahead and made plans before we got the letter. We know that they mailed the letter and packet 3 to us from Juarez on Sept 18th. We are going to arrive in Juarez on the 14th of October. The Consulate will be closed that day but Roberto hopes to get the medical done on that day. I would like some more help if you or anyone else can offer it on taxis from El Paso to the Holiday Inn Las Misiones. I know you said that there might be some taxis that will take you to the embassy for free of you have an appointment. I am looking for all taxi options to and from the airport in El Paso. I loved the pics you took from your Holiday Inn window (that sold us, Roberto made the reservation right after that). Roberto flies to Juarez but I fly to El Paso by myself and get there at night so I want a safe but affordable option and I want to be able to plan ahead. If you or anyone else that has been can offer some help then I'd really appreciate it.

Let me know.

Hi there,

Glad the pics helped you ... :thumbs:

Well ... taking about the taxis what I heard over there is that from and to El paso is 80 usd each and free ones are if you arrive to Juarez airport so your bf might save some there.

Did you check prices for you flying straight to Juarez?

I saw some cheap taxis also but ... I don't know call me crazy but did not trust them at all maybe because I'm from "the jungle" (Mexico City) and being there alone you must be careful.

In the hotel get some taxis for you but not less than 60 usd ... unfortunately that is a very good business there and they take advantage.

Let me check other web sites and let you know

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline
Isi,

Let me know.

Hi there,

Well ... taking about the taxis what I heard over there is that from and to El paso is 80 usd each and free ones are if you arrive to Juarez airport so your bf might save some there.

I saw some cheap taxis also but ... I don't know call me crazy but did not trust them at all maybe because I'm from "the jungle" (Mexico City) and being there alone you must be careful.

In the hotel get some taxis for you but not less than 60 usd ... unfortunately that is a very good business there and they take advantage.

I know, going there alone has me a bit worried, especially since I'm arriving at night. The difference in price is tremendous though. To fly to El Paso will cost about $400.00 and to fly to Juarez the lowest price I have found is $854.00. I would much rather fly to Juarez but the price difference is too much. So I have to find the best price possible and the safest taxis. I am only going to be in Juarez for three days. I have to go back to work but Roberto will stay until everything is done. Thanks for helping.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline
Isi,

Let me know.

Hi there,

I know, going there alone has me a bit worried, especially since I'm arriving at night. The difference in price is tremendous though. To fly to El Paso will cost about $400.00 and to fly to Juarez the lowest price I have found is $854.00. I would much rather fly to Juarez but the price difference is too much. So I have to find the best price possible and the safest taxis. I am only going to be in Juarez for three days. I have to go back to work but Roberto will stay until everything is done. Thanks for helping.

Genny

Genny,

Is Roberto flying? and if so from where? and which airline did you use?

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Genny:

Someone gave me this website...check it out...http://www.tcnusvisa.com. I haven't looked into it too much yet.

Sandi

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Timeline

Mscano,

Roberto is flying in on Aeromexico. I still didn't buy my ticket yet because I'm hoping for a miracle! But so far Delta and American have the cheapest seats to El Paso.

Sandi,

Thanks so much. I'll check it out!

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

Genny,

Thanks we are still considering if we are going to fly. One quick question. My SO has an uncle over here who is willing to offer him a job once he is able to work and I was considering getting him to write him an offer letter, but I don't want the CO to think he is going to work illegally. Do you guys think it is a good idea to include this letter? I just don't want them to get the wrong idea.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline
Genny,

Thanks we are still considering if we are going to fly. One quick question. My SO has an uncle over here who is willing to offer him a job once he is able to work and I was considering getting him to write him an offer letter, but I don't want the CO to think he is going to work illegally. Do you guys think it is a good idea to include this letter? I just don't want them to get the wrong idea.

Andrea

I had my mother write an offer of employment letter and my fiance took it to the interview. We included documents that proved she did in fact have a business. In the letter, which I wrote, it stated that the employment offer was based on the fact that she would need to have legal status to work before the employment would begin. At her interview, she said the officer didn't really look at it and instead just looked over the I-134 a few times. So I would say that if you have plenty of income to show on your 134 and/or a strong co-sponsor, it's probably not going to make much difference and could possibly just raise a red flag if you don't have proof that the person writing the letter does in fact have a successful business that could employ your fiance.

Timeline
Genny,

Andrea

I had my mother write an offer of employment letter and my fiance took it to the interview. We included documents that proved she did in fact have a business. In the letter, which I wrote, it stated that the employment offer was based on the fact that she would need to have legal status to work before the employment would begin. At her interview, she said the officer didn't really look at it and instead just looked over the I-134 a few times. So I would say that if you have plenty of income to show on your 134 and/or a strong co-sponsor, it's probably not going to make much difference and could possibly just raise a red flag if you don't have proof that the person writing the letter does in fact have a successful business that could employ your fiance.

Tglea,

Thanks for the advice. I have some more questions did you use copies of tax returns or tax transcripts? I have read on here that tax transcripts are better. I will be using a co-sponsor because I am still a student and I haven't worked this year so I was going to get from my co-sponsor their tax transcripts, pay stubs, and letter from employer, is this good enough.

Thanks for the help. Sorry if I have been asking too many questions.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline
Genny,

Andrea

Tglea,

Thanks for the advice. I have some more questions did you use copies of tax returns or tax transcripts? I have read on here that tax transcripts are better. I will be using a co-sponsor because I am still a student and I haven't worked this year so I was going to get from my co-sponsor their tax transcripts, pay stubs, and letter from employer, is this good enough.

Andrea

I didn't attach any tax info to my 134 because I was/had been living in Mexico for almost 3 years. What you have to do is attach a letter explaining why you didn't file and cite the the IRS filing requirements didn't require you to file if you didn't file in 2008. I will look for that info and web address. My co-sponsor just submitted a copy of her 2008 return, W2 and a letter from her employer stating how much she earns and how long she has been with the company. I know that most people think it's necessary to have info from the last three years but it's not a requirement for the 134, you only need the latest years info. You will have to decide if you think you should just use 2008 only or 06 and 07 as well. In my case, my cosponsor was very strong financially with no dependents and had been working at the same place for the last 15 years. I think if your co-sponsor has a good level of income and has been at the same job for a good while, then you should only need the 08 info.

Timeline
Genny,

Andrea

Tglea,

Andrea

I didn't attach any tax info to my 134 because I was/had been living in Mexico for almost 3 years. What you have to do is attach a letter explaining why you didn't file and cite the the IRS filing requirements didn't require you to file if you didn't file in 2008. I will look for that info and web address. My co-sponsor just submitted a copy of her 2008 return, W2 and a letter from her employer stating how much she earns and how long she has been with the company. I know that most people think it's necessary to have info from the last three years but it's not a requirement for the 134, you only need the latest years info. You will have to decide if you think you should just use 2008 only or 06 and 07 as well. In my case, my cosponsor was very strong financially with no dependents and had been working at the same place for the last 15 years. I think if your co-sponsor has a good level of income and has been at the same job for a good while, then you should only need the 08 info.

Tglea,

Thank you SOOOO much for the help. I will start researching this info as well. I am still trying to decide if I will use my sister or my mother. My sister has had the same job for about 4 years and has 3 dependents, but meets the 125% guide which would include a house hold count of (5 including SO). Would we have to include myself if we are going to be living with her until we can get our own place, this is the address we used on all forms? My mother has been self-employed for about 20 years now and meets 125%, I am just trying to decide who is the better pick her house hold count would only include her and my SO.

Andrea

PS. again sorry for all the questions.

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch01.h...ublink100031861

There is the info from the IRS and here is the text from the letter I wrote to attach to my 134 that covers the tax stuff. My letter included a couple more paragraphs stating why I wasn't working but this is the part that lays out the legal stuff. I think it would be a good idea to include the fact that you are a full time student and possibly some proof that you are a student as well. The more proof the better was my mentality when I was preparing stuff for the visa interview.

To whom it may concern:

The purpose of this letter is to explain why I have not attached any tax returns to my I-134 and to explain why I wrote unemployed on line #7.

I have not attached tax returns for the years 2007 or 2008 because for each of these years I earned less than the IRS minimum income requirement of $8,950 per year for a single person under 65 years of age as per IRS Publication 17 (2008), Part 1, Section 1.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Timeline
Genny,

Andrea

Tglea,

Andrea

Tglea,

Thank you SOOOO much for the help. I will start researching this info as well. I am still trying to decide if I will use my sister or my mother. My sister has had the same job for about 4 years and has 3 dependents, but meets the 125% guide which would include a house hold count of (5 including SO). Would we have to include myself if we are going to be living with her until we can get our own place, this is the address we used on all forms? My mother has been self-employed for about 20 years now and meets 125%, I am just trying to decide who is the better pick her house hold count would only include her and my SO.

Andrea

PS. again sorry for all the questions.

Really, you have to decide who you think makes the stronger case as a co-sponsor. If your sister just barely meets the requirements but your mother is well beyond the requirements, then you should go with her. But I think I would definitely include the last three years of tax info if using someone who is self-employed. I think it's important to them(visa officers) that anyone who is a sponsor can show consistency in their work history and income earned. As far as including yourself in your sisters house hold count, i'm not sure. I think the 134 only asks for people who are your dependents. I interpret that to mean people that you actually claim for tax purposes. So unless she does in fact support you financially, then I don't think you should count yourself. The I-134 is really fairly simple as compared to the I-864(which you will have to do when you adjust status in the US) I know that form asks for household size but for the I-134 she would just list probably just her children as her dependents.

Edited by tglea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.