waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ahhhh!!! I'm going to have an anxiety attack this morning already. My nerves are going wacko. :wacko: I'm sure everything will go just fine with Aldo's interview...we have prepared really really well, but still, there's that nagging "what if". I gotta try to stay busy today to keep my mind off of it. Keep us in your prayers please! :clock: I'll give you all an update as soon as I hear something from Aldo.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ahhhh!!! I'm going to have an anxiety attack this morning already. My nerves are going wacko. :wacko: I'm sure everything will go just fine with Aldo's interview...we have prepared really really well, but still, there's that nagging "what if". I gotta try to stay busy today to keep my mind off of it. Keep us in your prayers please! :clock: I'll give you all an update as soon as I hear something from Aldo.

Hang in there!!

Timeline

So, how's it going? Best of luck to you

Wow, I hope everything is going/has gone well today! :)

Timeline

I hope everything went well!!! :dancing::thumbs:

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your words of encouragement. :) Sorry I haven't been able to give an update all day. I've been over at our new house cleaning to keep my mind off of the interview. Aldo got the visa!! :dancing: He said it was so simple. He got to the embassy this morning at 7 am. They checked to make sure he had all the documents he needed, and then they sent him back to his hotel room because he had brought his cell phone with him. :bonk: So he came back and they gave him a fast pass to go right inside. He said he was really nervous because the guy interviewing in front of him received a ten year ban. But he said the CO just asked him where we met, where I was born, the year I was born, the names of my parents and if he had met my family. The only documents he even wanted to see were my financial documents. And then he just said congratulations and sent him on his way! That was the smooth part, however we hit a snag after that. :o The CO officer gave him a case number for DHL and told him his passport with the visa should be ready by about 3 pm (he was finished with the interview by noon). He kept calling and checking the online status, and told the people at DHL that he needed his passport back today because his flight was scheduled to leave tomorrow morning at 6 am. Well, their office closed at 6 pm and his passport wasn't ready, so he didn't get it. :angry: He called to try and change his flight to go back on Friday, but they were all sold out so he is stuck in Juarez until Saturday. It's costing about an extra $300 for him to stay, with the cost to change the flight and the two extra nights in the hotel. I guess if SOMETHING had to go wrong, I'm glad it was with that and not with the interview! Everything can't always go perfect and really, up until now, we have had a breeze of a journey. I am SO incredibly relieved to have this over!! I wish he was coming up here right now, but we have to wait another month. Oh well, it's all worth it. :D So there you go! Hopefully all of you will have a smooth ride as well! Best of luck to everyone!!

Edited by Amy&Aldo

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your words of encouragement. :) Sorry I haven't been able to give an update all day. I've been over at our new house cleaning to keep my mind off of the interview. Aldo got the visa!! :dancing: He said it was so simple. He got to the embassy this morning at 7 am. They checked to make sure he had all the documents he needed, and then they sent him back to his hotel room because he had brought his cell phone with him. :bonk: So he came back and they gave him a fast pass to go right inside. He said he was really nervous because the guy interviewing in front of him received a ten year ban. But he said the CO just asked him where we met, where I was born, the year I was born, the names of my parents and if he had met my family. The only documents he even wanted to see were my financial documents. And then he just said congratulations and sent him on his way! That was the smooth part, however we hit a snag after that. :o The CO officer gave him a case number for DHL and told him his passport with the visa should be ready by about 3 pm (he was finished with the interview by noon). He kept calling and checking the online status, and told the people at DHL that he needed his passport back today because his flight was scheduled to leave tomorrow morning at 6 am. Well, their office closed at 6 pm and his passport wasn't ready, so he didn't get it. :angry: He called to try and change his flight to go back on Friday, but they were all sold out so he is stuck in Juarez until Saturday. It's costing about an extra $300 for him to stay, with the cost to change the flight and the two extra nights in the hotel. I guess if SOMETHING had to go wrong, I'm glad it was with that and not with the interview! Everything can't always go perfect and really, up until now, we have had a breeze of a journey. I am SO incredibly relieved to have this over!! I wish he was coming up here right now, but we have to wait another month. Oh well, it's all worth it. :D So there you go! Hopefully all of you will have a smooth ride as well! Best of luck to everyone!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Vermont Service Center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone! Just thought I would give you an update since Aldo got to Cuidad Juarez late last night. He is staying at the Holiday Inn Express next to the consulate, and he says the area around the embassy is very nice and he doesn't feel unsafe at all. He got in around midnight last night and said it was very quiet in the area. He went to the embassy this morning at about 7:15 and waited in line at the information window for 40 minutes to have them print out the invitation letter for him. He said it wasn't a problem at all. He just gave them the CDJ #, showed his passport, they printed the letter, and he was on his way. He then went for his medical exam, which he said was easy as well. He was back in the hotel room by 10:30, and they told him to come back at 2 pm for the results. So far, so good! I'm so so so nervous for the embassy interview tomorrow!! :wacko: I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is going well so far. Did he say anything about the increased military presence? They put 3,000 additional troops in the city over the weekend, 1,000 more today and I think another group of 1,000 is on the way. I'm sure you are nervous. We are too and we are a month and a half away from going!

Yeah, I was reading that too. He said he didn't notice anything at all in the area around the embassy. Maybe the military is doing a good job keeping the turbulence far from that area. I hope so anyway! :thumbs:

Just wondering if he flew into the city or took a bus? If a bus, I'm wondering if you can say from where he left and about how long it took to get there and if the bus station there is located near the consulate?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry. I posted that before I saw your update. Congratulations!!! Could you give a little more explanation on the DHL thing? I thought that the person received their passport with visa back before leaving the building. That isn't the case now? You have to pick it up from DHL or they deliver it to your hotel? Also, I know you said they didn't ask to see anything really but did you have a police report for him? I'm trying to decide if I need to do that or not. The instructions say that it is only needed if the person has had problems with the law in the past and I've read many posts on here where people say that it's not needed or impossible to get here in Mexico. Since you have successfully completed this process, any help you can give would be great. Thanks and congrats again!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the update!! So glad that everything went well....except for the DHL delivery. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that was anxiously awaiting the news on how the interview went!! Again, Congratulations!!!

Timeline
Sorry. I posted that before I saw your update. Congratulations!!! Could you give a little more explanation on the DHL thing? I thought that the person received their passport with visa back before leaving the building. That isn't the case now? You have to pick it up from DHL or they deliver it to your hotel? Also, I know you said they didn't ask to see anything really but did you have a police report for him? I'm trying to decide if I need to do that or not. The instructions say that it is only needed if the person has had problems with the law in the past and I've read many posts on here where people say that it's not needed or impossible to get here in Mexico. Since you have successfully completed this process, any help you can give would be great. Thanks and congrats again!!!

I would advise getting the police report just in case. In Mexico it's a certificate of no jail time that you get from the police station. As far as the DHL thing, the embassy sends your passport to the DHL office with a confirmation number. Then it is up to you to call them or check online to see when it is ready, and then you have to go pick it up from the DHL office. Hope this helps! :thumbs:

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Timeline

Hey!

Do you happen to know what airline your fianee used??

Thanks

Vermont Service Center

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted here, since my husband (the non-USC) was going through adjustment of status. We had our interview for his LPR card today, and everything went great! I was a nervous wreck beforehand, and afterward it all felt unreal since I'd heard horror stories from friends who have had their interviews recently at the same office and interviewed with strict officers.

Just so you can get an idea of what comes next, here's my review:

We arrived, and there were only about 15 people in the waiting room. Our interviewing officer was super nice and pretty funny. She swore us in, verified Part 1 of the I-485, asked the questions about drugs/prostitution/etc, commented that it was good that the vaccines were already done, and then asked me (USC) to give any documents we wanted that we didn't already submit. We gave copies of health insurance, car insurance, 2008 income taxes, bank statements, and 5 months of pay stubs. She asked me if I'd met his family, how and where we met, my husband's father's & mother's first names, my husband's birthday, if we lived in a house or apartment, and if my husband had yet met my parents. Overall an awesome interview! She said she'd, "probably approve this and get it all done today," and then explained the 2 yr conditional card and let us keep his EAD card & AP docs "because you guys already paid for them" (but they were free with our AOS submission). And then she asked if we had any photos, and she looked at all the photos we had (about 30) and made fun/nice comments about them, and then made some copies of them. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes with the extra talking & copying we did. :)

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

Congrads!!!

Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.