waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE THE APPT FOR THE DOCTORS THOUGH, SO DONT GET CONFUSED!!!

Are you sure about this GueraKristina?? I don't think an appointment at the doctor's is necessary. There are two clinics that do the medicals near the consulate, and I believe you just show up

I read it somewhere, i always say that, but i have read so much stuff from so many different places, i forget where all the info comes from. Im having alfredo call mexico to see if he needs to schedule one or if he can for a specific day. I know in the instructions for the medical examination it says "we suggest that you make arrangements for your medical examination at least one or two days prior to your appt. date. So there seems to be alot of uncertainty. I will have alfredo call and give you guys my info.

Hey, members who have already been approved for the visa, did you make an actual appt. at the doctors office, or did you just show up and go? were their problems with that? can you clear this up for me, and the other members who are not completely clear? thanks

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Are you sure about this GueraKristina?? I don't think an appointment at the doctor's is necessary. There are two clinics that do the medicals near the consulate, and I believe you just show up

No appointment needed. You just get there around 6 am and line up, and wait your turn. (unless this recently changed). You are received in the order in which you arrive.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know I've asked this a number of times already- but to those who were approved the visa recently- what did your fiances put in the "National Identification Number" slot? I've heard that some leave it blank, some put none, some put N/A. Angel said he thinks it's a bad idea just to leave it blank... any suggestions that have worked??

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You abosulutely DO NOT make an appointment. You cannot make an appointment even if you wanted to.

You simply show up. I posted my experience at the medical clinic just a couple of pages ago about people showing up at 4 a.m. for no good reason. The clinic does not open until 6 a.m., and the wait is about 4 hrs regardless when you show up. We got there at 7 am and were done at 11 am. A couple from Las Vegas was there at 4 am and finished at 8 am. And honestly, at around 9:30 am the initial waiting room was empty, but I am not sure how long the wait was for those people to finish up.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline
I know I've asked this a number of times already- but to those who were approved the visa recently- what did your fiances put in the "National Identification Number" slot? I've heard that some leave it blank, some put none, some put N/A. Angel said he thinks it's a bad idea just to leave it blank... any suggestions that have worked??

I am real sure we put in N/A. But I will double check. But you are right, Mexico has no "National Identification Number", so I either put in N/A or left it blank. Trust me, I know the nerves are starting to work overtime, but N/A or blank will not have an effect on the outcome.

And yes, the only time I was a true "nervous nellie", was the week before. Keep asking the questions because I remember how much the re-assurances I recevied from the regulars meant to me.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline

I am real sure we put in N/A. But I will double check. But you are right, Mexico has no "National Identification Number", so I either put in N/A or left it blank. Trust me, I know the nerves are starting to work overtime, but N/A or blank will not have an effect on the outcome.

And yes, the only time I was a true "nervous nellie", was the week before. Keep asking the questions because I remember how much the re-assurances I recevied from the regulars meant to me.

Brian

Thanks Brian- I truly appreciate everyone's help. This week has been dragggging and I even scheduled myself for a lot of extra things so I would keep busy, but it just doesn't seem to matter. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, my mind just drifts off and starts thinking about him going to CDJ. Ok... I'm off to class- to not pay attention.

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Caity, the US dollar is extremely strong right now, which is great for you. I just sent my fiancée $100 and it was equal to 1,350 pesos! A couple of weeks ago $100 would have been worth approx. 1,000 pesos, now we get about $35 more for every hundred. Thats a lot of bang for your buck!

...Yesterday, the Canadian dollar hit a 3-year low against the USD. 80 cents = $1 Canadian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The most important thing is for the person going to the interview to have everything in order and have plenty of evidence of the relationship. They may not ask for any but if you show up with little then they will probably ask for more. Make sure the person going to the interview knows everything about you so if questions are asked that they know the answers. The only way to not get approved is if they think the relationship is not real or get caught in a lie. Never admit to anything illegal if they aren't aware of it, only admit to anything if you had to submit the information in the applications.

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Timeline
Hi everyone.

i have just recieved a notice on october 18th that my fiances petitin was approved and is waiting to be sent to NVC :D . i have been reading up on most of your dates concerning when everything went through. do you guys think you can give me an estimite on when the interview for my fiance might be.

You do not have to make an appt. for the actual consulate, just go within a year of the appt. letter and between those times, and you should be fine.

Everyone on this thread seems to go to the doctors the day before they go to the consulate, as to not waste any time.

Actually, both these points need clarification. From my K-1 visa perspective:

1. Your NOA2 does actually have an expiration date. It is printed in the top right hand corner. It is

always four months beyond the date of your NOA2. I personally did not need an extension, but

from other posts extensions seem like no big deal, but you have to ask and receive permission

if you wish to have an interview beyond the four month window.

2. You cannot do the medical and the K-1 interview on the same day. It is a two day process for

everyone. You do not get your medical results back until 2 pm or later on the day you visit the

medical clinic. And as previously posted, you cannot make nor need an appt. for the medical

clinics.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Hi everyone.

i have just recieved a notice on october 18th that my fiances petitin was approved and is waiting to be sent to NVC :D . i have been reading up on most of your dates concerning when everything went through. do you guys think you can give me an estimite on when the interview for my fiance might be.

You do not have to make an appt. for the actual consulate, just go within a year of the appt. letter and between those times, and you should be fine.

Everyone on this thread seems to go to the doctors the day before they go to the consulate, as to not waste any time.

Actually, both these points need clarification. From my K-1 visa perspective:

1. Your NOA2 does actually have an expiration date. It is printed in the top right hand corner. It is

always four months beyond the date of your NOA2. I personally did not need an extension, but

from other posts extensions seem like no big deal, but you have to ask and receive permission

if you wish to have an interview beyond the four month window.

2. You cannot do the medical and the K-1 interview on the same day. It is a two day process for

everyone. You do not get your medical results back until 2 pm or later on the day you visit the

medical clinic. And as previously posted, you cannot make nor need an appt. for the medical

clinics.

Brian

Good job on the clarifications. :thumbs:

Caity - my husband left it blank or put NONE.

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline
Caity, the US dollar is extremely strong right now, which is great for you. I just sent my fiancée $100 and it was equal to 1,350 pesos! A couple of weeks ago $100 would have been worth approx. 1,000 pesos, now we get about $35 more for every hundred. Thats a lot of bang for your buck!

...Yesterday, the Canadian dollar hit a 3-year low against the USD. 80 cents = $1 Canadian

Ok... but then wouldn't that mean that Angel will have to pay more for his interview/medical exam?? Since he will have pesos and have to pay the fixed amount that's in dollars. Isn't it against us then... or am I thinking about that wrong?

I think they take both dollars and pesos, but if you are fixed on getting the best deal you can as far as taking advantage of the fact that pesos are not doing that well, you could always send angel american dollars, until the peso goes back up. just a suggestion.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
The most important thing is for the person going to the interview to have everything in order and have plenty of evidence of the relationship. They may not ask for any but if you show up with little then they will probably ask for more. Make sure the person going to the interview knows everything about you so if questions are asked that they know the answers. The only way to not get approved is if they think the relationship is not real or get caught in a lie. Never admit to anything illegal if they aren't aware of it, only admit to anything if you had to submit the information in the applications.

Thanks for the advice. When I was in Oaxaca in July/August, I organized all of his stuff very nicely in one of those nice plastic expandable file folder things. He's got everything in order and knows what forms to give them. We (I) organized all the copies of our evidence by year (we have a nice amount of evidence, I think) and included any originals of the evidence that we have in two large manila folders. We've gone over all of the questions that they seem to ask, so he should know all the answers. He's never been to the U.S., never done drugs, never had problems with immigration, etc. and so I can't imagine what they would deny him for. We met over three years ago and I have visited him 6 times since then, including my family traveling down there to meet him. If he doesn't get that visa, I'm taking the next flight to CDJ and doing some serious butt-kicking.

Ok- thanks for listening :)

Caity

Ok... but then wouldn't that mean that Angel will have to pay more for his interview/medical exam?? Since he will have pesos and have to pay the fixed amount that's in dollars. Isn't it against us then... or am I thinking about that wrong?

Yes, in your case that would be a dissadvantage for him...since now he has to pay more. This is convenient for people who take dollars, and can get more for their money.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the advice. When I was in Oaxaca in July/August, I organized all of his stuff very nicely in one of those nice plastic expandable file folder things. He's got everything in order and knows what forms to give them. We (I) organized all the copies of our evidence by year (we have a nice amount of evidence, I think) and included any originals of the evidence that we have in two large manila folders. We've gone over all of the questions that they seem to ask, so he should know all the answers. He's never been to the U.S., never done drugs, never had problems with immigration, etc. and so I can't imagine what they would deny him for. We met over three years ago and I have visited him 6 times since then, including my family traveling down there to meet him. If he doesn't get that visa, I'm taking the next flight to CDJ and doing some serious butt-kicking.

Ok- thanks for listening :)

Caity

You shouldn't have any problems

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.