waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
This is my first post to this thread, but thought I would announce that we received the K1 today! Almost 6 months to the day from receiving the NOA1.

The reason there is a month between Packet 3 Received and the Interview is because my fiancee had put in a notice to quit her job, and we took our time preparing the forms. She also made three separate bus trips from Torreon to Juarez for the medical exam, TB exam for child and finally the interview (She preferred to do this rather than stay in Juarez). That alone took over a week.

I will have her leave a review of the consulate. She said the interview went very quick and her interviewer was very friendly, but she had to wait another 5 hours just to get the visa.

We didn’t encounter a single problem through the entire process. The information we received from this site was extremely helpful, so thanks all.

K y O

My wife grew up in Torreon, she said it is a beautiful city but jobs are hard to find and the pay isn't very good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Only wanted to say hello to everyone else on the Juarez Consulate forum. As you can tell, we recently filed.

Thanks to all those who've posted helpful information in the past!

June 16, 2008 Mailed I-129F to CA Service Center

June 18, 2008 Your item was delivered at 7:41 AM on June 18, 2008 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

June 20, 2008 Check Cashed

June 24, 2008 Received NOA 1

December 12, 2008 Received NOA 2 - 8:30pm we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Only wanted to say hello to everyone else on the Juarez Consulate forum. As you can tell, we recently filed.

Thanks to all those who've posted helpful information in the past!

welcome!!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

I'm now preparing the necessary documents for my fiance when he has his interview. Right now, I just have a couple of questions about the I-134. I already have my letter from my employer, 3 yrs of tax transcripts (will also have the past 3 yrs 1040s and W2s, and recent pay stubs JUST IN CASE), and am over 125% of the poverty line.

Regarding this on the instructions: "Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account: 1. Date account opened;2. Total amount deposited for the past year;3. Present balance." - I have 3 bank accounts where I opened 1 of them a year and a half ago and use regularly, where 1 was used regularly for 6 yrs until I opened the one I just mentioned, and the 3rd one is online and acts as a savings account. Do I need to give details on all 3, or is it alright if I just give details on the 1 that I use regularly?

Or is it alright if I just answer Question 7 with the salary I earn and leave the rest of Question 7 blank since I make over 125% of the poverty line?

Since you all went through CDJ and the I-134 was typically used even though it isn't required there, I wanted to see what you thought about this. I already asked this same question in the general K1 forum, but wanted to see what you guys did.

Thanks!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

Glad your asking the questions nm123. I hope to be in Juarez with my SO in late August. I have not looked at the I-134, but I thought it did not require all the hoopla of bank accounts and such, if your taxable income was well over the poverty line.

I had just planned to show my tax transcripts for like three years and my current tax return, and maybe a letter from my accountant since I am self-employed.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Glad your asking the questions nm123. I hope to be in Juarez with my SO in late August. I have not looked at the I-134, but I thought it did not require all the hoopla of bank accounts and such, if your taxable income was well over the poverty line.

I had just planned to show my tax transcripts for like three years and my current tax return, and maybe a letter from my accountant since I am self-employed.

Brian

Hey Brian,

So no one responded... but I did contact KitKat, who used to be an active member on here (ucla_girl & lucy - by the way, her hubby just got his green card!). And based on her recommendation, tax transcripts are fine, along with a letter from my employer and paystubs. I decided to also just add in my car value (since I just paid it off a few months ago) and my IRA info, even though neither of these things are necessary since I'm over 125% of the poverty limit.

And you know, we might be in CDJ at the same time, considering you're going through VSC! I am dreading the weather, but I think I will just bring a book, some water, some snacks, and an umbrella...

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Brian

Hey Brian,

So no one responded...

As some of you may know I filed in September of 2007. We would have had the visa in hand 7 months later, April 2008, but my girl has TB. Anyways, we will be going to the consulate in December.

...To make a long story short I am just about certain that the US consular officers are not that picky when it comes to just about everything. For example, people get so riled up in the beginning when it comes to things like the 2x2 passport photos, or whether to list all of their previous jobs on the G-325. My fiancee didn't list all of her 30 pesos a day jobs that she had in her lifetime, we put down what would fit on the form (we excluded the minor short-term jobs when she was a teen). Also, I used a photo of her that looked hilarious, it was tall and skinny! Maybe 2.5 inches tall and 1.4 inches thin. Her skin color looked really light compared to what she really looks like. We didn't get an RFE.

... So anyways, I provided my 2005, '06, and '07 tax returns, but, I am fed up with the visa process and when she goes for her appointment we will only be using my dad's 2006 tax return. I could easily give her my dad's 2007 tax returns but I could care less at this point. I will provide the embassy with what we planned for in April and I don't think they are so picky, like I said before. So I guess I will be the guinea pig to see if they are as strict as some people seem to think. On my dad's 2006 tax return it shows that he earned just over 100 grand, I am pretty sure that is sufficient. The point is that it is impossible to be denied a K1 or K3 visa for a missing document, you can only be delayed, and in the worst case scenario, the consular officers would tell her that they need my dad's 2007 tax return, and I would fax it to her the same day. My fiancée already has free room and board where she is being treated for TB, at a clinic/apartment in Juarez, so the extra day would not cost anything.

And what is 1 extra day, or 2 or 3, when, by then, we will have already waited 15 months for the visa?

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

I will be interested to know what they say about the lack of '07 returns, GG. I am filing mine sometime next week. I will get the IRS to stamp a copy which I will take to my SO along with my tax transcripts.

I was hoping to put off my filing until the last extension which is Oct. 15th because I will owe a considerable amount of money. If you file in Oct., you can put off a payment plan until January.

Oh well, how in the world could I explain to my SO that another six months would be sweet without being in the doghouse forever. :whistle:

Yeah, nm123, I really want to go like the first of September. I am sure our schedules will not work out, but it would be cool to have someone to chat with while we wait. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline

:- O

Edited by brian87

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Brian

Hey Brian,

So no one responded...

As some of you may know I filed in September of 2007. We would have had the visa in hand 7 months later, April 2008, but my girl has TB. Anyways, we will be going to the consulate in December.

...To make a long story short I am just about certain that the US consular officers are not that picky when it comes to just about everything. For example, people get so riled up in the beginning when it comes to things like the 2x2 passport photos, or whether to list all of their previous jobs on the G-325. My fiancee didn't list all of her 30 pesos a day jobs that she had in her lifetime, we put down what would fit on the form (we excluded the minor short-term jobs when she was a teen). Also, I used a photo of her that looked hilarious, it was tall and skinny! Maybe 2.5 inches tall and 1.4 inches thin. Her skin color looked really light compared to what she really looks like. We didn't get an RFE.

... So anyways, I provided my 2005, '06, and '07 tax returns, but, I am fed up with the visa process and when she goes for her appointment we will only be using my dad's 2006 tax return. I could easily give her my dad's 2007 tax returns but I could care less at this point. I will provide the embassy with what we planned for in April and I don't think they are so picky, like I said before. So I guess I will be the guinea pig to see if they are as strict as some people seem to think. On my dad's 2006 tax return it shows that he earned just over 100 grand, I am pretty sure that is sufficient. The point is that it is impossible to be denied a K1 or K3 visa for a missing document, you can only be delayed, and in the worst case scenario, the consular officers would tell her that they need my dad's 2007 tax return, and I would fax it to her the same day. My fiancée already has free room and board where she is being treated for TB, at a clinic/apartment in Juarez, so the extra day would not cost anything.

And what is 1 extra day, or 2 or 3, when, by then, we will have already waited 15 months for the visa?

GreatGate, you know what - I think you might be right when it comes to how they might not be that picky... but I will let you be the guinea pig. :thumbs:

I would rather not risk it, seeing as how even something like bringing a marriage certificate that wasn't used at all (like what happened with Chuck & Teresa) ended up being a hassle, but that is a big thing to consider bringing to the consulate, although they were trying to be as honest as possible and presenting everything they had, it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. But anyway, who knows. I like to be more prepared than not, and you're right when it means just missing a day or so with a delay...

Brian, yeah and maybe we'll even have other VSC people there too. I can't remember who else might be going around that time, because some people don't post here. I am hoping that we won't be the guinea pigs to start out at the new consulate (greatgate, by December, you'll already know how the new consulate has been!).

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Hi guys!

I'm pretty excited, because I just called the NVC and my case was sent to CDJ yesterday. Does that mean... that I could possibly get my Packet 3 in a month???!!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

I can't find the answer, and I can't remember... but does CDJ need 2 passport-style photos of the both of us at the interview, or only of my fiance?

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I can't find the answer, and I can't remember... but does CDJ need 2 passport-style photos of the both of us at the interview, or only of my fiance?

I'm going to pretend that I know the answer to this- and say that I think it's just your fiance. I don't know why they would need passport pictures of you...

On the CDJ embassy website, in the fiance packet instruction sheet, it just says "two un-mounted full-face photos, taken within the last 6 months, the applicant should be facing..." so I'm pretty sure it's just the fiance.

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I'm going to pretend that I know the answer to this- and say that I think it's just your fiance.

Can someone clear up whether they take two 2x2 photos of the Mexican Citizen at the medical appointment. The ones Diana has will be old by the time she interviews.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm going to pretend that I know the answer to this- and say that I think it's just your fiance.

Can someone clear up whether they take two 2x2 photos of the Mexican Citizen at the medical appointment. The ones Diana has will be old by the time she interviews.

Well- in the medical examination instruction sheet on the CDJ website, it says "It is not necessary to bring a photo for your medical exam, it will be provided by the medical clinic without charge." So... I wouldn't think she'd need to bring her own? For the actual interview she'll probably need to take new photos... Anyone think that sounds right?

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.