waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Brian if I recall correctly, you can begin filling out all forms ahead of time. I too did the same. I went down personally with my fiance and filled everything out for him and simply had him sign it. I also organized everything he was taking so that he can easily find what is being asked of him. I did it months in advance so I don't see any problem with that.

I'll be doing that too.

Off topic, how many of you guys think you'll go back to Mexico eventually to live/retire? We're planning to live there after some time here, although he doesn't know yet if he wants to be a US citizen. I know it'd make it easier to go back and forth if he is, and that we'd be limited to the amount of time we live there if he eventually wants to become one, but we're taking everything one step at a time.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Brian if I recall correctly, you can begin filling out all forms ahead of time. I too did the same. I went down personally with my fiance and filled everything out for him and simply had him sign it. I also organized everything he was taking so that he can easily find what is being asked of him. I did it months in advance so I don't see any problem with that.

I'll be doing that too.

Off topic, how many of you guys think you'll go back to Mexico eventually to live/retire? We're planning to live there after some time here, although he doesn't know yet if he wants to be a US citizen. I know it'd make it easier to go back and forth if he is, and that we'd be limited to the amount of time we live there if he eventually wants to become one, but we're taking everything one step at a time.

We have talked about that ourselves and the way things are going with our economy we might be headed down there. Within the next year we will be purchasing a house down there and have her mom live there. So just in case we will have that in case of something. Who knows though. Things might get better here. Im self employed and in the trucking business. The diesel is pretty much killing me so if things get worse I'll probably end up going back to the tech industry or just moving to mexico all together. We shall see.........

Timeline
Brian if I recall correctly, you can begin filling out all forms ahead of time. I too did the same.

Thanks for the reply. I was just worried that documents dated in April would be invalid if my NOA2 was dated June.

It will make it easier for both of us, if we do them together.

Thanks again,

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SS benefits are less and surviving spouse benefits are less if you don't become a citizen also. There are some tax issues with inheritances also if the beneficiary isn't a citizen. You need to look into this before you spouse makes a decision to not become a citizen. Another problem is that who knows what the laws will be in the future, citizenship is extremely hard to takeaway but LPR isn't too hard if the government wants to. You could make a simple mistake like have a few drinks and drive and they may decide it was enough to take away your LPR.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning, guys. I was wondering if you can help me figure out the Juarez consulate.

Today I called their 900 number. They told me packet three had been sent on Apr. 14th, which I said was impossible, for it was on Apr 16th that the NVC sent it to Juarez. The lady got all nervous (he he) and asked me to wait. Came back and said it was approved by the consulate on Apr 24th. and that I was not supposed to receive any packets from the consulate. Wait 6 months for the interview. Then I asked her how was I supposed to know the date of the interview... she replied "oh... yes, well, you will receive a letter, but not a packet".

So... I decided to call again. Another guy answered, saying my petition was received and approved by the consulate on Apr 24th, and now they were just waiting on the system to assign a date for the interview. That word, "approved" makes me some noise... any thoughts? Also, has anyone had experience on how long it takes for their system to generate a date for the interview?

So far, I haven't received a single email from the consulate.

Thanks!!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Good morning, guys. I was wondering if you can help me figure out the Juarez consulate.

Today I called their 900 number. They told me packet three had been sent on Apr. 14th, which I said was impossible, for it was on Apr 16th that the NVC sent it to Juarez. The lady got all nervous (he he) and asked me to wait. Came back and said it was approved by the consulate on Apr 24th. and that I was not supposed to receive any packets from the consulate. Wait 6 months for the interview. Then I asked her how was I supposed to know the date of the interview... she replied "oh... yes, well, you will receive a letter, but not a packet".

So... I decided to call again. Another guy answered, saying my petition was received and approved by the consulate on Apr 24th, and now they were just waiting on the system to assign a date for the interview. That word, "approved" makes me some noise... any thoughts? Also, has anyone had experience on how long it takes for their system to generate a date for the interview?

So far, I haven't received a single email from the consulate.

Thanks!!

Juan Carlos.

Hello Juan Carlos, I believe the second person who helped you is correct. I'm not sure if the word "approved" is correct...but anyways. After Juarez received our petition it took about one month (maybe one and a half. check my timeline) for the interview to be generated. You will receive a letter with the packet (the packet contents are all in the Juarez Consulate website) so the only important document in the package will be the appointment letter.

Since your documents just arrived in Juarez, it's too soon to get an interview. But once again, it is unpredictable.

I believe Juarez waits until they have enough k3 visa applicants to schedule an appointment on the same day. I say this because I met two other VJ members who were approved before me, and who their cases arrived two months before me to Juarez and we had the interview on the same day (we actually met in person in Juarez). So I waited one month, and the other persons waited 3 months. So I guess it's a matter of luck.

So best of luck to you!!!

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

Thanks for your advice, YGrandMat!!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

AOS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

my wife interview date is the 14 wendsday may but i have not recived the interview letter i have to fed ex my wife some last minute paper work, the consulate said if i did not recive it by the 8th then i have to go a day early to pick up the letter has any body had this problem

my wife interview date is the 14 wendsday may but i have not recived the interview letter i have to fed ex my wife some last minute paper work, the consulate said if i did not recive it by the 8th then i have to go a day early to pick up the letter has any body had this problem

No, I have not had that problem. But if you do get the letter, you don't need to fedex to her. You can just scan it and send it to her via email. That works.

I'm sure you'll get the package, just be patient.

I

***I-130***

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

***1-129F***

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

***AOS & EAD***

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

***I-751***

Timeline

Hey Baezalex,

If you haven't received your letter, how did you learn about the date of your interview? Email or phone?

Also, how long did it take you to learn your interview date from the date the consulate received your papers?

Thanks a lot!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

AOS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

sorry i did not answer

1 week after nvc mailed it to juarez which was march 27 i staring calling once a week and by the 3rd or 4th week they told me the sent out the packet on april 8 and my wife interview was 14 may, they said if the packet does not get therein 30 days you have to call the consulate, which is what happen so i called on the 8th of may Thursday and they said that my wife has to go two days before which tomorrow morning to pick up the interview letter, she is in Juarez with my mother in law then Tuesday medical and Wendsday interview, she has every thing necessary you can get every thing for the packet of the web site and the ds 156 has to be done on the internet on the juarez website you print it out you get everything from the website other the obvious your birth certificate, taxes and other things of that nature, my wife is taken the 3 packet and a huge folder with pictures from are wedding, home, vacation, honeymoon, eating, even an old lisence plate from a car i had hear in Miami before i moved to Mexico to be with my wife, she also thing diplomas resumes phone bills, calling card emails, any little thing i will keep you guys updated,

i don't mean to ask for it, but please wish me and my wife a lil luck!!!

i

oo and for the k3 just the medical is needed or also the vaccines does anybody Know??? i have read mostly no can someone please assure me!!! thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
sorry i did not answer

1 week after nvc mailed it to juarez which was march 27 i staring calling once a week and by the 3rd or 4th week they told me the sent out the packet on april 8 and my wife interview was 14 may, they said if the packet does not get therein 30 days you have to call the consulate, which is what happen so i called on the 8th of may Thursday and they said that my wife has to go two days before which tomorrow morning to pick up the interview letter, she is in Juarez with my mother in law then Tuesday medical and Wendsday interview, she has every thing necessary you can get every thing for the packet of the web site and the ds 156 has to be done on the internet on the juarez website you print it out you get everything from the website other the obvious your birth certificate, taxes and other things of that nature, my wife is taken the 3 packet and a huge folder with pictures from are wedding, home, vacation, honeymoon, eating, even an old lisence plate from a car i had hear in Miami before i moved to Mexico to be with my wife, she also thing diplomas resumes phone bills, calling card emails, any little thing i will keep you guys updated,

i don't mean to ask for it, but please wish me and my wife a lil luck!!!

i

oo and for the k3 just the medical is needed or also the vaccines does anybody Know??? i have read mostly no can someone please assure me!!! thanks

I will keep u guys in my prayers..........

Timeline

Thanks for your answer, Baezalex! And yeees.... good luck with your interview!! In a couple of days you will be celebrating big time with your wife.

My wife hasn't been through her interview yet, but everything I've read says your wife won't need vaccines.

Please let us know how her interview goes!!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

AOS

Hi there,

Vaccinations are not needed for K3 visa applicants.

BUT She will need them though when you file for her Adjustment of Status in the US. It would be wise if she got them NOW in Mexico, so when you do adjustment of status, she has them already. They are free in Mexico, in el Centro de Salud. If she has her vaccinations records from her childhood, she should also bring them to the US...they could work (and then visit a US Civil Surgeon - List of approved surgeons is on the USCIS website and have vaccinations transcribed to form I-693A).

If you get the vaccinations done in the US it will cost over $200 dollars....

***I-130***

***1-129F***

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

***AOS & EAD***

***I-751***

Timeline

Hi Guys, long time - sorry I have not been around much.

I have been trying to call the embassy to get some information but I can't make 900 calls from my phone and it won't take my credit card for some reason.

Edgar was rejected in June 2007 because he told them he smoked a joint in Dec 2006 so they told us that we won't be eligible to go back until January 2010 but I have so many questions I need answers to.

1) First, do I have to go back to Mexico to visit Edgar in this time period to meet the "see each other within 2 year" requirement even though we have been together for a long time?

2) Do we have to apply through DIS all over again and start the process all over again or is our case still open and can we just go back? The paper we got which is form CDJ-450A says: Section 212(a)(1)(A)(iv) which prohibits visa issuance to any alien who is an addict/user of a prohibited drug. You must remain completely free from any durg use for not less than three years. Please call our Visa Information Center to request a new appointment after 12/09.

3) Edgar will have documentation of drug counseling even though it's a joke that they labeled him an "addict", the guy doesn't even drink for crying out loud - it was a one time thing. Does anyone here have any information as far as presenting drug counseling paperwork?

Any help would be appreciated, I sure wish I could just talk to someone there!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.