waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

im paying 600 pesos a night for a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and internet access and its walking distance from the consulate.

i posted this on another section of vj but i hope someone can help on this thread

I got the packet from the consulate in juarez mexico and it states for each umarried child to have 2 copies completed in full for each child. since a barcode is generated does this mean i just make copies of the original one with the barcode or do I have to fill out another form with a new set of barcode. my 2nd question is for the copies of the child, do we fill in the ds156 with the mothers info or the childs info? this has me a bit confused since they werent clear on the instructions. im thinking the copies of the childs ds156 should be duplicates of the mothers original form with her information. am i right?

Just fill out the electronic form and print two sets of copies.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok..i got 2 answers for this question. im not sure wich is right so i guess im gonna do them both until i get a definite answer. i was told by another vj user that the childs info needs to go on their set of copies and not the mothers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Well everyone, I am in the process of buying my one-way tickets for next weeks journey. I am going to fly my fiancee into Juarez, then into JFK airport, then to Detroit, Michigan. I am getting these tickets in advance because there are only 3 tickets left to JFK and the other flights have a much longer wait time or they are a lot more expensive. I know buying tickets in advance is risky, but we went over everything a million times and we are not missing anything. If she doesn't get her visa it will be because she is denied completely, not because we are missing anything. Her appointment will be next Wednesday, the 9th of April!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Well everyone, I am in the process of buying my one-way tickets for next weeks journey. I am going to fly my fiancee into Juarez, then into JFK airport, then to Detroit, Michigan. I am getting these tickets in advance because there are only 3 tickets left to JFK and the other flights have a much longer wait time or they are a lot more expensive. I know buying tickets in advance is risky, but we went over everything a million times and we are not missing anything. If she doesn't get her visa it will be because she is denied completely, not because we are missing anything. Her appointment will be next Wednesday, the 9th of April!

Well good luck to you!!! We'll be crossing our fingers!!

Have you decided on a hotel yet? Did you visit the link to "Hotel La Playa" ?

***I-130***

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

***1-129F***

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

***AOS & EAD***

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

***I-751***

thegeatgate,

Wow your fiance's interview is coming up, how exciting! Make sure to give us a full report when you get through all of it.

As for the hotel LA PLAYA, let me give you my husband's opinion when he went to Juarez back in January 2007. This info. is according to my husband because I did not go to Juarez with him. The negative aspects: the hotel did not seem to safe, his room had a broken door lock, the lights went out for one night for a couple of hours, the cleaning lady took about 5 dollars worth in change, in pesos that is (of course that may be my husband's fault for leaving it within view). Now for the positive side: it is a less expensive hotel, IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CONSULATE (you literally cross the street). My husband made the decision to stay there because he's a guy (as opposed to a girl who may stay there alone) and he was okay with that and he really wanted a hotel where he could simply walk to the consulate. Maybe some others who have stayed there may comment their experience.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

thegeatgate,

Wow your fiance's interview is coming up, how exciting! Make sure to give us a full report when you get through all of it.

As for the hotel LA PLAYA, let me give you my husband's opinion when he went to Juarez back in January 2007. This info. is according to my husband because I did not go to Juarez with him. The negative aspects: the hotel did not seem to safe, his room had a broken door lock, the lights went out for one night for a couple of hours, the cleaning lady took about 5 dollars worth in change, in pesos that is (of course that may be my husband's fault for leaving it within view). Now for the positive side: it is a less expensive hotel, IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CONSULATE (you literally cross the street). My husband made the decision to stay there because he's a guy (as opposed to a girl who may stay there alone) and he was okay with that and he really wanted a hotel where he could simply walk to the consulate. Maybe some others who have stayed there may comment their experience.

We did not stay at Hotel La Playa, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Lincoln...I only suggested HOTEL LA PLAYA because "thegreatgate" was looking for a more affordable hotel.

Greatgate, you should send a PM to Liz Leija, she stayed at that hotel during her visit to Juarez...so she can also share her experience with you.

***I-130***

***1-129F***

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

***AOS & EAD***

***I-751***

That's great! GOOD LUCK to both of you.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank all those who have contributed to this thread in the past and continue to do so. I have learned so much since I found this web forum in January. Also, I would note that Ronin had an excellent reply with photo's about his fiance's experience in Juarez at page 121 of this thread.

My petition was just received today, and thankfully at the Vermont service center. :)

Thanks again to all those who contribute and make this place such a wonderful resource.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline

Well, I just got off the phone with someone from Hotel La Playa. Apparently, you can not pay in advance and they only accept cash, no credit cards. Here is the problem: For some strange reason, if you arrive at the hotel after 6pm, it becomes impossible to check in that night. The day that you plan to arrive to the hotel it is necessary to arrive before 6pm and pay in cash or else you cannot stay at the hotel. My fiancee arrives at the airport at 6:30pm so Hotel La Playa is automatically out of the picture. I guess I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Lincoln.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

ahh. getting nervous now. tommorow i take my flight to monterey mexico to see my fiance and my new daughter. saturday we will be taking a flight to juarez. monday we take the medical exam and wait for the results since its about 4 days for the kids tb test ,supposedly thats what delays it so long. I am hoping that Thursday we can head to the consulate for the interview. I want to thank everyone for their answers since I got here. This site has helped alot since I started this process and it saved me from going through a lawyer :). Wish us luck.

brian,

Welcome to our Juarez club! Doesn't it feel great to send out your packet. In the meantime, you can read through our many pages of the Juarez forum and receive many helpful tips along the way. Trust me, this will make time pass by much faster and before you know it, you will be in Juarez. :thumbs:

thegreatgate & sanfranguy,

Good luck on your upcoming interviews! Don't worry, everything will turn out great in the end and you will soon be celebrating with your fiance's in the U.S. When you receive your visas, you will receive my happy dancing post. :dance:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

ahh. getting nervous now. tommorow i take my flight to monterey mexico to see my fiance and my new daughter. saturday we will be taking a flight to juarez. monday we take the medical exam and wait for the results since its about 4 days for the kids tb test ,supposedly thats what delays it so long. I am hoping that Thursday we can head to the consulate for the interview. I want to thank everyone for their answers since I got here. This site has helped alot since I started this process and it saved me from going through a lawyer :). Wish us luck.

I'm very excited for both you and thegreatgate. I hope the girls pass everything with flying colors! Good luck to you both.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

The hotel is officially booked for next Monday night through Thursday morning. I decided on Hotel Colonial, the reviews were all good, they have a shuttle every morning to the consulate, and almost every review said the place was very secure.

I am not nervous about next week, I just feel really bad for what my fiancee is going to have to go through: waiting at the medical exam, waiting all day in the consulate, 5 airplane rides, and about 20 hours in layovers at the different airports (12 hours in NY and and about 8 hours in Mexico City)

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
The hotel is officially booked for next Monday night through Thursday morning. I decided on Hotel Colonial, the reviews were all good, they have a shuttle every morning to the consulate, and almost every review said the place was very secure.

I am not nervous about next week, I just feel really bad for what my fiancee is going to have to go through: waiting at the medical exam, waiting all day in the consulate, 5 airplane rides, and about 20 hours in layovers at the different airports (12 hours in NY and and about 8 hours in Mexico City)

If she is afraid about Juarez you she have her email my wife and she can tell her all about Juarez.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.