waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
What do you guys make of the crisis in Ciudad Juarez? The police chief recently got up and left because his life was in danger.
Earlier this week, hitmen left two bodies, their hands tied behind their backs, at the entrance of the city. Police Chief Emilio Pérez, whose force has had two officers killed, was threatened by phone and told that he would be next. Within hours, the six remaining police officers quit their jobs. Mr. Pérez drove across the border and asked for political asylum.

There were 30 murders in the last week. I know it is between the Mexican government and drug cartels but I am really concerned because my SO will be traveling to Juarez alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ds.6604737.html

as long as shes not hanging out afterwards i dont think she will be in danger. my fiance is from monterey so the murders of officials there are nothing new. if your not involved in that stuff or hang out in the wrong places you should be ok. were not going anywhere that week that we are there. were renting an apartment and im gonna go shopping for the food and just crash there.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
What do you guys make of the crisis in Ciudad Juarez? The police chief recently got up and left because his life was in danger. There were 30 murders in the last week. Calderon is sending 2000 soldiers there and a few hundred federal agents....I know it is between the Mexican government and the drug cartels but I am really concerned because my SO will be traveling to Juarez alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ds.6604737.html

My wife is from there and her family all lives there. You have to stay in the safe parts of town. We were just there 2 weeks ago visiting and because we don't go to the bad parts of town I didn't see any problems. I know I don't worry because my wife and her family know where it is save and where it isn't. There are places in NYC and LA that are probably just as dangerous if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Juarez has too many American companies not to keep civil order but you have to be smart and not get yourself in a bad situation. I worried about my wife all the time before we were together and she told me if she wasn't careful it was dangerous.

I drove to visit her one time and ended up in the bad part of town but I just stayed where there were lots of people and she found me and I followed her home. I hate the streets in Juarez, I always get lost driving there.

Timeline

OK, hoping some people with experience will read this and share their advice.

Here's the situation: my Mexican fiance and I met in New York 1.5 years ago when she was here a tourist visa. It was valid for 10 years, but she had to exit/reenter the USA every 6 months. On her final entry (the 4th in a row, living in NYC for about 2 years at that point), she admitted to the immigration agent she was going to seek employment upon entry (babysitting) and was promptly detained, visa cancelled, and deported the next morning.

In December 2007 we petitioned for the K1 fiance visa, got the NOA2 approval last month and the receipt notice from the NVC last week. The question is should she

1) explain this situation to the interviewer at the Juarez consulate, or

2) just check the box "no" that she never had any problems with US immigration.

How forgiving are the immigration officials in Juarez if we have all i's dotted and t's crossed for this K1 visa, but she had a previous tourist visa cancelled and was deported? We really don't want to lie about the situation but if it's going to threaten her K1 visa then that's what we're willing to do. Do they check each applicant's visa history in Juarez? We didn't hear anything from the USCIS or the NVC state-side regarding this, it's been greenlighted thus far, and pretty quickly.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-12-10

I-129F RFE(s) : ????

RFE Reply(s) : ????

I-129F NOA2 : ????

NVC Received :????

NVC Left :????

Consulate Received :????

Packet 3 Received :????

Packet 3 Sent :????

Packet 4 Received :????

Interview Date in Juarez, Mexico :????

Visa Received :????

US Entry : ????

Marriage : ????

Here is my opinion on your situation kevinlee. I have absolutely no experience on your situation, so this is strictly MY OPINION based on all the extensive reading I have done on VJ.

I would strongly suggest to NEVER NEVER NEVER LIE ON ANY IMMIGRATION FORMS OR TO ANY CONSULAR/IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS. I'm thinking that if your fiance had her visa cancelled, she was detained AND deported, I am pretty sure immigration has a record of this. If you simply check off the check mark where it says that you have never had any visas cancelled, etc. and the CO in Juarez finds out you lied, this cannot mean anything good. Imagine your fiance going to her interview in Juarez. She checks off that she has not had any visas cancelled, deportations, etc. Upon being interviewed the CO checks on his computer and finds out the truth. Then your fiance will be seen as having lied. Not only that but when you sign the forms for Juarez you are signing stating that you were telling the truth. What can happen then? It's not like you are going to tell the CO that you didn't read correctly and checked off the wrong box. I personally believe that telling the truth is the best option regarding your situation. (This is totally my opinion though).

When my husband went to Juarez, he checked off the box where it said that his visa had been canceled, let me explain why. Throughout the course of our long distance relationship he tried to obtain his b1/b2 tourist visa in guadalajara, Jalisco since his previous one had expired. He tried to get this visa so he could come and visit me in the U.S. However, they did not issue it to him. When the time came to go to Juarez (and prepare the needed paperwork), he told the truth and checked off the correct box. During his interview, they questioned him as to what happened. He told them the truth: that he tried to get a tourist visa several years ago to come and visit me in the US. We have no idea if the CO had a way to check on his computer or if he asked my husband because of what he put on the forms. Either way we wanted to be totally honest and told the truth. The CO asked and it was no big deal at all.

Now your fiance is dealing with a deportation in the past, this is a little more than my husband's cancelled tourist visa. I see no problem with this as long as you tell the truth.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Another thing also, your fiance can simply tell the truth on the forms and then mention it in Juarez if she is asked about it. Maybe it won't even be brought up. She should only provide info. if she were asked. But I keep thinking you should not lie.

You may also want to post this question in immigrate2us.net. It seems like there's a lot of ppl. who have gone thru Juarez there maybe you will get more opinions there.

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

I keep thinking about your case. Another thing is that you need to make sure that your fiance did not receive a ban on entering the U.S. If she did, then that's where it may get a little more complicated. I am not sure how you will handle this situation if she received a ban on entering the U.S. for like 5 years. If this were the case, I believe she would need to fill out some sort of waiver. Maybe you should post your questions on the general forum, not just the CIUDAD JUAREZ THREAD so that you may receive more feedback. We had an expert with Juarez cases (we miss you kitkat), but she retired from VJ now that she got her man here to the U.S. or else she would help you out a lot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

And remember that it is very rare to be denied a fiancee or marriage visa. The U.S. government can only deny such a process if the beneficiary has a serious criminal record, fails the drug tests at the medical, cannot provide sufficient evidence of a REAL relationship, does not cover the PUBLIC CHARGE criteria, or has ILLEGALLY SNUCK INTO THE USA. In your case, she merely told the immigration officer that she would consider working as a babysitter. That is nothing in comparison to illegally entering the country!

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
I keep thinking about your case. Another thing is that you need to make sure that your fiance did not receive a ban on entering the U.S. If she did, then that's where it may get a little more complicated. I am not sure how you will handle this situation if she received a ban on entering the U.S. for like 5 years. If this were the case, I believe she would need to fill out some sort of waiver. Maybe you should post your questions on the general forum, not just the CIUDAD JUAREZ THREAD so that you may receive more feedback. We had an expert with Juarez cases (we miss you kitkat), but she retired from VJ now that she got her man here to the U.S. or else she would help you out a lot.

thanks to you all for your advice. she did not receive any ban from entering the USA. she simply had to stay overnight at DFW and catch the next flight back to mexico in the morning.

Kevinlee,

I sat in the interviewing section of the cd juarez consulate for 6 hours and heard countless discussions of "have you ever been deported or been in the US illegally" with the interviewer. If the interviewee had been processed for deportation or previous visa denial, the interviewer was always aware of the event.

Be honest on your application and in the interview.

- Albert

Interview scheduled for May 7th 2009

Filed for Citizenship on January 27 2009

Timeline

We'll be honest on the interview and application. Deceit can only complicate things further. Thanks all for your voices of reason, and I'll let you know how it all turns out in May.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I just looked up the prices for staying at the Holiday Inn in Juarez. My fiance will be staying Monday night until Friday morning (4 nights). The hotel costs $80 a night so that comes to $320 for 4 nights, plus $66.40 in taxes, a grand total of $386.40!!!!!!!

Is there a better place to stay? (& by better I mean cheaper!)

I would like to pay around $250 for the hotel for 4 nights, instead of paying nearly $400!

***NOTE*** I noticed that I was looking at the prices for the Holiday Inn Express, it said it is located minutes from the embassy but it is not the Holiday Inn Lincoln. The Lincoln is priced at $66 a night***

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Anybody know about the hotel Colonial? It is $266 for 4 nights and is 2 minutes from the embassy

Hi there, if you are looking at a cheaper hotel you should consider Hotel La Playa. This hotel is across the street from the consulate...all you need to do is cross the street and you are there. It might not be fancy, but it's in a good location...only 600 pesos a night.

HOTEL LA PLAYA

Check it out.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

im paying 600 pesos a night for a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and internet access and its walking distance from the consulate.

i posted this on another section of vj but i hope someone can help on this thread

I got the packet from the consulate in juarez mexico and it states for each umarried child to have 2 copies completed in full for each child. since a barcode is generated does this mean i just make copies of the original one with the barcode or do I have to fill out another form with a new set of barcode. my 2nd question is for the copies of the child, do we fill in the ds156 with the mothers info or the childs info? this has me a bit confused since they werent clear on the instructions. im thinking the copies of the childs ds156 should be duplicates of the mothers original form with her information. am i right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.