waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sounds great, elguevon. That'll give you a chance to pick up all your bachelor ####### and make your place smell nice and look pretty! ;)

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
APPROVED!! :dance: It only took 7 long hours!! :angry:

I'll provide all the details later, but the good news is she got the K-1 Visa which is all that really matters. :thumbs:

Congrats - what a relief! Glad to hear it all worked out - sometimes it's a LONG day there!

Timeline

Just don't like to see this thread all the way down on page 6. Sorry I don't have anything useful to post!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone entered via a POE on a weekend with a K-1? Since I don't have the vanilla approval envelope in front of me that Juarez provided, I can't type word-for-word what it says however I do seem to remember that it mentions you can enter Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.

We are planning on entering on a Saturday afternoon, hence the question.

Any issues/experiences along these lines?

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Timeline
Has anyone entered via a POE on a weekend with a K-1? Since I don't have the vanilla approval envelope in front of me that Juarez provided, I can't type word-for-word what it says however I do seem to remember that it mentions you can enter Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.

We are planning on entering on a Saturday afternoon, hence the question.

Any issues/experiences along these lines?

POEs are 24 hours. If you are going to the bridge from CDJ to El Paso and the consulate specified which one you need to go to, there maybe specific hours written there. I don't imagine you'll have any trouble on a Saturday afternoon, aside from possibly a long wait.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We crossed the bridge last month and they DID NOT put a specific time you had to go. We went at 1:00AM and there were over 50 people there. Right now the average time to cross is over 2 hours most of the time, then you have to go inside. You will wait in line for however long it takes, it is always busy because B1/B2 visa holders are always trying to get I-94s so they can travel in the US.

Timeline

I know I'm beyond the Juarez Consulate stage but since its where she got the visa and you all have been so helpful, I hope you don't mind me posting our experience here through the POE and AOS stages.

Well...change of plans :) Her family wants to come with her to visit so this has made things a little more interesting and, unexpectedly, more expensive. We have scrapped the plan to cross via the San Diego POE.

The date for our entry is now August 18th. Here is how it happened...So Frontier Airlines had an AWESOME price on RT tickets from Mazatlan to Minneapolis with a stop in Denver..which makes Denver the lucky winner as our POE. I checked all the prices for 2 roundtrips (for her family) and 1 one-way(for her). PLUS, I decided to fly down to Mazatlan and return with them....on the same day. So yeah...I leave Minneapolis on a 6:30am flight...connect in Denver at 9:10am....arrive in Mazatlan at noon. She, her family, and I board the same plane I just got off of and we depart at 12:50pm...then arrive in Denver at 3:45pm and pass through immigration and hope all goes well...we then catch a 7:05pm flight to Minneapolis and hopefully arrive at 9:55pm. WHEW!

The joke of all this is AFTER I purchased the 2 RT tickets for her family online, the damn price went up $100 for her OW ticket...and after I bought her OW ticket, the damn price went up again!!!! So MY flight to Mazatlan ended up being $160 MORE simply because I bought their tickets first. LOL I love airline prices and their logic.

So there it is....all scheduled and now lets see what happens on August 18th. :)

Edited by elguevon

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Timeline

I hope that more people continue to come back and post their AOS experiences...I especially liked seeing people like Allie&Leo and JessiPooh come back to talk about how their fellows are adjusting!

Good luck with your trip, Elguevon!

Timeline

I hope that more people continue to come back and post their AOS experiences...I especially liked seeing people like Allie&Leo and JessiPooh come back to talk about how their fellows are adjusting!

Timeline

sorry about that

Timeline

what a long day you will have. Wow that is a lot of different flights in one day.

Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

No touches since June on our AOS. But thankfully he is working and enjoying his first week at work.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

Hi All ... sorry for duplicate post. My fiance is pretty sure she will be on her period during the week we had planned to be in Ciudad Juarez. Is this going to be an issue with respect to the medical exam?

Any advice GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Timeline
Hi All ... sorry for duplicate post. My fiance is pretty sure she will be on her period during the week we had planned to be in Ciudad Juarez. Is this going to be an issue with respect to the medical exam?

Any advice GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it - I don't even think they normally do anything gynocological but even if they do, they had to have encountered this before. Good luck.

Filed: Timeline

Between the NOA1 and the NOA2 I want to prepare as much as possible (since I don't want to be rushing around last minute and b-c I won't be able to dedicate as much concentrated time to it like I did with my trying-to-beat-the-deadline I-129F package). Does anyone have a relatively comprehensive list of what my fiance will need to take to the interview?

I've tried my best to read as much of this thread as possible, but am still only about half way. :) I did read that many who received those forms in the mail mentioned them being elegible photo copies. Can I just download these forms (whichever ones they are) off-line and start getting them filled out?

Also, can someone please explain to me what the different Packages are and what they mean?

Thanks sooo much, folks.

Timeline
Between the NOA1 and the NOA2 I want to prepare as much as possible (since I don't want to be rushing around last minute and b-c I won't be able to dedicate as much concentrated time to it like I did with my trying-to-beat-the-deadline I-129F package). Does anyone have a relatively comprehensive list of what my fiance will need to take to the interview?

I've tried my best to read as much of this thread as possible, but am still only about half way. :) I did read that many who received those forms in the mail mentioned them being elegible photo copies. Can I just download these forms (whichever ones they are) off-line and start getting them filled out?

Also, can someone please explain to me what the different Packages are and what they mean?

Thanks sooo much, folks.

You should get all the forms online from the CDJ website under "Fiance Packet" - a couple create the barcodes which is now necessary. There is only one package from CDJ - it's the same as the website. If you get everything online, everything that comes in the package will be garbage -- but you need the "open appointment" letter from the package to get into the consulate so that's that one think you'll be waiting to receive. Everything else you can prepare in advance, as well as gather all your financial and employment paperwork.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.