waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Muchisima suerta, elguevon! Four months total isn't bad at all for CSC!

Edited by GabachaYucateca

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks!!!!!

Quick question, so those that used the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) even though it wasn't required, did they actually take the form itself or just the supporting evidence? I guess I don't want to waste my time on it if I have all the other information they want.

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Timeline

My co-sponsor filled it out and I included it, but for my finances, I didn't and it was just fine. Just the documentation.

Timeline

If I have all the evidence/NOA notices and:

1) Filled out the DS-156 online and printed it out

2) Have her original Mexican Birth Certificate and certified English translation copy

3) Marry Affidavit (CDJ-401)

then the ONLY thing my fiancee needs to bring to the interview is her Mexican Passport?

Is that right?

The medical, payment, and photos will be done in Juarez.

I just want to make sure there is nothing else SHE needs to bring. I see to remember reading something about the need for immunization records. Anybody know?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
If I have all the evidence/NOA notices and:

1) Filled out the DS-156 online and printed it out

2) Have her original Mexican Birth Certificate and certified English translation copy

3) Marry Affidavit (CDJ-401)

then the ONLY thing my fiancee needs to bring to the interview is her Mexican Passport?

Is that right?

The medical, payment, and photos will be done in Juarez.

I just want to make sure there is nothing else SHE needs to bring. I see to remember reading something about the need for immunization records. Anybody know?

Thanks!

Proof of relationship and for K1 dont you need proof you met in person also? The is the evidence you stated right?

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No translations are necessary at this point - but you'll use the BC translation at AOS. She needs the original and a copy at her interview.

You only need a vaccination record if she wants to get her vaccines in CDJ. Even if you bring it, they don't normally pay attention to it and will end up giving her everything age-appropriate and charge her a lot. Most people avoid paying the vaccination fee in CDJ and get them somewhere else. You don't need it for the visa issuance - again, this is for AOS.

You don't need NOA copies -- you'll need the NOA2 for AOS.

She doesn't need anything except her passport with six months validity beyond the interview date. She should have all the evidence as you mentioned and a small photo album would not be a bad idea. Relationship proof would normally prove that you've met i.e. photos but regardless, it has already been proven by virtue of an approved petition and is not required at the interview.

Buena Suerte!

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline

Visa appointment letter.

Two DS-156 (Application for Non-immigrant Visa) forms per applicant.

I-797 INS Receipt Notice for filing of I-130 immigrant visa petition (only if available).

Valid Mexican Passport for each applicant.

Birth Certificate (Original or Certified copy and copy).

Marriage Certificate (Original or Certified copy and copy).

Divorce Decree and/or Death Certificate (if any).

Proof of U.S. Citizenship for petitioner (Birth certificate or U.S. Passport).

Proof of Economic Solvency (The petitioner can provide a letter from their current employer, recent check stubs, and current tax returns. The I-864 Affidavit of Support is not required. (A job offer letter for the beneficiary can also be provided).

Two unmounted full face photos, taken within the past six months, the applicant should be facing the camera directly and the face should cover about 50 percent of the area of the photo. Picture taken showing the applicant looking down or to either side will not be accepted. It is preferable that the ears be exposed. The head of the applicant measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin from hairline side-to-side should measure 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches. The photograph should measure 2 inches square with the face centered in the fram. Prints may be either in color or black and white and must be taken against a white or off-white background. Photos should be printed without borders. Note: all applicants require photograph, do not matter the age.

Fee receipt from any BanaMex bank branch for $100.00 Dollars for each applicant.

Medical exam. Each applicant must have a medical exam taken at either of two clinics mentioned in the appointment packet. Cost of the medical exam is $135.00 USDLLS (Plus tax) for applicants 15 years and older and $55.00 (Plus tax) for applicants under 15.

Personal appearance for an interview is required.

IMMUNIZATION ARE NOT REQUIRED OF K-3/K-4 VISA APPLICANTS

This is from the consulate

Timeline

That looks like the immigrant visa information - it has references that don't apply.

In any event, the assumption is that she hasn't been married before (the OP has never mentioned this) and doesn't have a criminal background. CDJ doesn't require the USC's birth certificate for K1s and based on experience here , it's never asked for. It's also not included in the Fiance Packet list. That said, it wouldn't hurt to take it, but it's they don't normally even look at it since US citizenship of the petitioner has already been proven.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf

FIRST: Fill out in DUPLICATE, but do not sign, the enclosed DS-156 Non-Immigrant Application, if your unmarried

children will apply with you, two copies of form OF-156 for each child must be completed in full.

SECOND: Obtain the following documents on this checklist which pertain to you. DO NOT send them to this office

by mail:

1. Mexican passport: a passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months

validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. If you are not a Mexican citizen you may bring a valid passport

from your country.

2. Follow instructions to apply for a medical exam; see attached Instructions for the Medical Examination form

(MEXWIDE 202).

3. Original and photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate (applicants with non-English or non-Spanish birth

certificates must submit a notarized translation with the original and photocopy).

4. If petitioner or fiancée have been married previously, must bring original and photocopy of proof of

termination or dissolution of each such prior marriage.

5. Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record,

regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of

clemency.

6. Complete, but do not sign the attached Intend to Marry Affidavit (CDJ-401 form).

7. Two un-mounted full-face photos, taken within the past six months.

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline
That looks like the immigrant visa information - it has references that don't apply.

In any event, the assumption is that she hasn't been married before (the OP has never mentioned this) and doesn't have a criminal background. CDJ doesn't require the USC's birth certificate for K1s and based on experience here , it's never asked for. It's also not included in the Fiance Packet list. That said, it wouldn't hurt to take it, but it's they don't normally even look at it since US citizenship of the petitioner has already been proven.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf

FIRST: Fill out in DUPLICATE, but do not sign, the enclosed DS-156 Non-Immigrant Application, if your unmarried

children will apply with you, two copies of form OF-156 for each child must be completed in full.

SECOND: Obtain the following documents on this checklist which pertain to you. DO NOT send them to this office

by mail:

1. Mexican passport: a passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months

validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. If you are not a Mexican citizen you may bring a valid passport

from your country.

2. Follow instructions to apply for a medical exam; see attached Instructions for the Medical Examination form

(MEXWIDE 202).

3. Original and photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate (applicants with non-English or non-Spanish birth

certificates must submit a notarized translation with the original and photocopy).

4. If petitioner or fiancée have been married previously, must bring original and photocopy of proof of

termination or dissolution of each such prior marriage.

5. Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record,

regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of

clemency.

6. Complete, but do not sign the attached Intend to Marry Affidavit (CDJ-401 form).

7. Two un-mounted full-face photos, taken within the past six months.

It is straight from the CDJ Consulate website but for K3 sorry

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Timeline
It is straight from the CDJ Consulate website. I copied and pasted exactly

Right. But again, we are talking about a K1 Fiance Visa Interview -- not a non-immigrant K3 or an immigrant CR1 interview. The instructions you posted are clearly not meant for a K1s -- otherwise why would they include "I-797 INS Receipt Notice for filing of I-130 immigrant visa petition (only if available)" as a requirement when K1s don't ever file an I-130?

The instructions I posted along with the link are directly from the Fiance Packet Instruction letter on the Ciudad Juarez website -- the identical instruction letter sent to K1 visa applicants with their appointment letter and package of required forms. In addition, since we know based on experience here what K1 interview applicants are asked for, we are able to share correct information. For example, the Fiance Packet does NOT indicate the US citizen's birth certificate is required and we know it is not asked for.

We're just here to try and provide accurate information. . . .

Timeline
She doesn't need anything except her passport with six months validity beyond the interview date. She should have all the evidence as you mentioned and a small photo album would not be a bad idea. Relationship proof would normally prove that you've met i.e. photos but regardless, it has already been proven by virtue of an approved petition and is not required at the interview.

Sorry..I should have been more clear. I will be bringing from the U.S., to give to her for the interview, all the evidence (photos, cell bills, airline tickets, hotel bills, credit card charges, engagement ring receipt, wedding deposit receipts, etc), financial support items (tax returns, checking account letter from bank, home title, home loan statement, 401k statement, IRA statement, employment letter, paycheck statements), unsigned forms (DS-156, Intent To Marry), and misc. docs (her birth certificate).

She will be bringing her Mexican passport. :angry: So easy for her! :)

So now....the ORIGINALS question. Do I need to bring all the originals for everything (i.e. phone bills, statements, etc) I submitted with the initial I-129F petition? I get the "you can never have too much evidence" thing, but realistically has anyone ever been asked for the originals of anything (other than divorce decrees, birth certs, etc)?

Edited by elguevon

Timeline

As usual, just when you think you are done along come a concern.

On the my financee's Mexican Birth Certificate, there are 4 fields that make up the "Place of Birth" (Lugar de Nacimiento):

1) Localidad: Guamuchil

2) Municipio: Salvador Alvarado

3) Entidad: Sinaloa

4) Pais: Mexico

On ALL the USCIS K-1 forms we have filled out (I-129F, G-325A), submitted, and been approved with where it asks for the "Place of Birth", we have put in "Guamuchil, Sinaloa Mexico"

As I'm filling out the DS-156, I'm copying the information from her Mexican passport into the form. I look at the "Place of birth" on her Mexican Passport and it says "Salvador Alvarado, Sin.". :o

So my question is this: What should I enter on the DS-156 for her "Place of Birth City"? "Guamuchil" (like we filled out for all the previous forms) or "Salvador Alvarado" (like it says in her passport)?

Technically they both are listed on her birth certificate so I'm not sure if its a big deal or not. I just want to have her avoid ANY issues when she has her interview.

Please advise!!!

Edited by elguevon

Timeline

oh how this is snowballing....so now a question about the medical.

Finacee got sick last night with a fever, sore throat. She wants to take a prescription medication (antibiotic).

Should I not have her take it because it might cause issues at her medical interview (i.e. blood work)?

I love the timing of all this!!!! :wacko:

Timeline

El guevon...you also need to print out and complete the DS156K, which is specific to K1 visas. This is in addition to the DS156 which you already have listed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.