StupidJourney

NVC to Casa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, my case was sent from NVC last Thursday. I've tried email Casa about it to see if they received it, but have received no response. How long did it take yours to get there? I'm hoping it's there now, but I'm not sure! Also, did they give you guys the interview date through email? I'd like to know when it is ASAP.

Also, do you think it will be ok that I sent Hamid all of our documentation via email (through pdf files)? Hamid seems to think I should send the originals, but I can't seem to find any post offices that will ship to morocco! :angry: And even if I did, I've known the mail in Morocco to be very slow, and I don't know if it would be able to get there in time. (Even express mail has taken months, at least when I lived in Morocco). . . so what do you guys think I should do? Do you think I would be able to send it direct to the consulate if I asked nice enough? :blush:

Thanks for any help!

Liz

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

It took ours 3 days to reach Casa.

They never answer emails, and if they do it will be 3 weeks later responding to something you didnt' ask.

I called to get out interview date. Or you can just wait for the packet.

I fed exed everything to Morocco for Hicham.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our case is a little different than yours, but ours was sent on 10/2/06, and they are still saying (to my senator) that they don't have the case.

As far as shipping, I shipped every original to my hubby...cost me a small fortune! That was over a year ago though so I can't help you now.

oh yes, did you use the dhl tracking method? They send it electronically, but they send hard copies via dhl.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

They never answer emails, and if they do it will be 3 weeks later responding to something you didnt' ask.

Do you have the phone number sarah or did you ditch everything when you 'broke up' with them??? :lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

Do you have the phone number sarah or did you ditch everything when you 'broke up' with them??? :lol:

It's listed on VJ under embassy info for Casa.

Timeline
Our case is a little different than yours, but ours was sent on 10/2/06, and they are still saying (to my senator) that they don't have the case.

As far as shipping, I shipped every original to my hubby...cost me a small fortune! That was over a year ago though so I can't help you now.

oh yes, did you use the dhl tracking method? They send it electronically, but they send hard copies via dhl.

What's the DHL tracking method? I thought I was on top of things, but I don't know what this is?

oh i'll call them tomorrow!

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

im going to call the consulate tomorrow as well. they sent my papers last wednesday!! as for the evidence..im mailing all the originals to Said and you can do it through Federal express...i did it before and it took 3 days as well and you can track it. no problems that way!! Hope we all have our interview dates very soon..good luck!!

melinda

3/17/07 - WEDDING CEREMONY

4/2/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

4/3/07 - Chicago Received AOS/EAD

4/13/07 - Checks cashed

4/16/07 - Received NOA1 for AOS/EAD

4/21/07 - Received appointment for bimetrics

5/15/07 - Biometrics appt

5/16/07 - EAD Touched

5/16/07 - AOS Touched

6/15/07 - EAD approved

6/26/07 - Received EAD

6/28/07 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS: 3/28/09

Timeline

If I send it tomrrow, that will be enough time to get there before the interview then? I really hope so, I don't want to spend all that money on nothing!

Just to be safe, I'll ask them if copies are ok. I mean, half the evidence I'm sending is copies!

Thanks for the help!

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had to mail something to Casa and USPS told me it'll take 5 business days. Don't send originals of anything, unless they've requested them.

About Casa replying to e-mails - sometimes it takes 3 weeks!!!

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Timeline

What's the DHL tracking method? I thought I was on top of things, but I don't know what this is?

oh i'll call them tomorrow!

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?XM...;nav=TrackByRef

Try this link, search by reference, and type in:

EXPEDITE IV SECTION

This will show you all of the packages that have gone out to the various consulates.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Where do you type in EXPEDITE IV SECTION?

I was told to put the postal code in... that 's it.

EXPEDITE IV SECTION

This will show you all of the packages that have gone out to the various consulates.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline

Where do you type in EXPEDITE IV SECTION?

I was told to put the postal code in... that 's it.

EXPEDITE IV SECTION

You need to do a search by reference, not postal code. Keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.

Timeline

Let me clarify: I put correspondence in, the the date range, then in the senders postal code I put the zip code for NVC..where does the 'expedite' go? Does putting in Expedite shorten the list?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline

Are you on the Track by reference section? Its on the left hand side.

there is a box for reference, that is where you put EXPEDITE IV SECTION. Enter date from and date too. Don't worry about the "additional information" section. Then hit the track arrow.

I mailed a letter to Morocco on friday using express 3-5 day mail. It arrived on the 5th day in Casa, but took all day to clear customs. It's still on its way south....but a signature is required so I shuld know something soon.

I guess when you fiance lives outside major metropolitan areas, even express mail is slow.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.