X Factor

Have you sampled Balut (philippines delicacy duck embryo

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gasoline would not take dried fish smell away... Only time & prayer will take that smell away. Or out of the house...........

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Hmmm might be its too easy for us to get dried fish here. And according to her and her friends, I cook really good dried fish. Yes you can tell when dried fish is bad, I really couldn't say how we know, its just not right. Smells stinky in the wrong way I guess. There are so many different types of dried fish, my favorite is actually dried squid. Second is Dangit. They're my wife's favorite to, so we stick to just those two types. There are others I don't really care for much. I would guess if your wife had a source of good dried fish, her interest would jump up sharply. If the dried fish is bad, such as spoiled or poorly made in the first place, then its really really bad. Cooking it wrong can make it bad to. I'm surprised the dog would eat it, we've gotten some our dog refused after we wouldn't eat it. Although normally she's all excited when we finish eating dried fish because she gets dried fish in her dinner afterwards. She usually gets a little treat in her dinner after ours, but she really gets excited when she smells dangit, even resorting to a few barks to remind me to move faster serving her dinner :lol:

I was just thinking about dried fish from 2011, so its at least 7 months old and up to a year and half. I don't think I'd want to try that myself. :no::P I think you might still be stuck with if after those Filipinos come for the weekend. Or maybe the dog can take of it for you.

Stopped by the Filipino store on my way home yesterday and picked up pasalubong, a package of dried fish and a package of smoked fish. We cooked it outside on the grill in a pan. I ate one dried fish and two smoked. I didn't care for the dried fish as usual. Jena really liked the smoked fish, she said it was the type her Grandfather used to make for her and it was her favorite. We'll probably stick to the smoked fish from now on and I might try smoking some salmon on the electric smoker tonight.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stopped by the Filipino store on my way home yesterday and picked up pasalubong, a package of dried fish and a package of smoked fish. We cooked it outside on the grill in a pan. I ate one dried fish and two smoked. I didn't care for the dried fish as usual. Jena really liked the smoked fish, she said it was the type her Grandfather used to make for her and it was her favorite. We'll probably stick to the

smoked fish from now on and I might try smoking some salmon on the electric smoker tonight.

Now your talking, smoked fish maraming masarap.. I would stick with the smoked fish too.. Especially Salmon.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Stopped by the Filipino store on my way home yesterday and picked up pasalubong, a package of dried fish and a package of smoked fish. We cooked it outside on the grill in a pan. I ate one dried fish and two smoked. I didn't care for the dried fish as usual. Jena really liked the smoked fish, she said it was the type her Grandfather used to make for her and it was her favorite. We'll probably stick to the smoked fish from now on and I might try smoking some salmon on the electric smoker tonight.

I've introduced my wife to smoked salmon, but she doesn't like it. She loves grilled salmon though. I've also introduced her to walleye, crappies and red snapper. She's like all of them. Our real treat meal is snow crabs. I've seen the smoked fish at the Filipino store, but that apparently isn't something she ate back home and has never shown and interest in it, even when I pointed it out, she just said wala. Personally I wanted to give it a try.

We had dried fish last night as a snack before we went out for dinner. We were going out for dinner at a friend's house and dinner was going to be late. So I got out the dried fish frying pan and put it on the grill and cooked some up. Made some extra for my wife's lunch today to, although she'll keep that in the car rather than bring it inside to eat. She knows it stinks and doesn't want to offend her coworkers :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She knows it stinks and doesn't want to offend her coworkers :rofl:

I had this one fellow soldier from South Carolina when I was in the army. He warmed up Chitterlings - the intestines of a pig and smelled up the entire barracks for hours :crying:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had this one fellow soldier from South Carolina when I was in the army. He warmed up Chitterlings - the intestines of a pig and smelled up the entire barracks for hours :crying:

You Right..........They stink like H----------- BUT.......there is a way to do away with the odor......Add Onion......

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

I tried some Balut last night...wasn't all that bad especially from all the horror stories I have heard and read. I had 2...it was funny though, my wife had one, but she wouldn't eat the duck inside...just the yolk.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.