5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

When you are writing your waiver and want to enter an Exhibit A for an example how do you title it on the actual Exhibit? I was thinking taking a blank piece of a paper and in large letters EXHIBIT A in front of each stack of papers, in back of the waiver or how did any of you do it? Thanks in advance.

I actually bought some sticky tabs and put them on each section. What you are doing is fine. As far as I know DHS isn't as picky as USCIS. lol As long as it's nice and neat and looks good to you I'm sure it would be fine.

Good luck.,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I actually bought some sticky tabs and put them on each section. What you are doing is fine. As far as I know DHS isn't as picky as USCIS. lol As long as it's nice and neat and looks good to you I'm sure it would be fine.

Good luck.,

Baileyj

Thank you Bailey so much! So you say some write on tabs that stick out to the side like? I have some of thosue here at work and are color coded! I never thought of that. So all of your Exhibit's were in back of the letter right? I'm sorry to be a pain with prolly dumb questions.

Good luck.,

Baileyj

Thank you Bailey so much! So you say some write on tabs that stick out to the side like? I have some of thosue here at work and are color coded! I never thought of that. So all of your Exhibit's were in back of the letter right? I'm sorry to be a pain with prolly dumb questions.

ALSO ONE MORE question do we have to get a police record in the State we live in for the 601 waiver?

Yes that is what I'm talking about. Just the sticky tabs that stick out to the side and you can write item #1 or whatever. It probably won't matter much since the interviewer usually goes through it and pulls things out and rearranges the. So do what you feel comfortable with.

No you shouldn't need the police record. You should have already filed that at the interview. It sounds like your doing an "in country" waiver. If that is the case then I'm not too sure about that. I know in London you file all your police reports when you have the interview and they are needed with the waiver.

Oh and I will suggest one thing. Make copies of your whole waiver package. Sometimes the person who accepts it will pull out some of the supporting documents and say they are not needed. I've heard this happening several times. When they did that to us we just mailed in another set of the documents.

Good luck and Best wishes,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can also put the exhibits in plastic sheet covers and put a sticky label on the front of the plastic. I also put a footer on every page of the hardship letter indicating my name and my fiance's name, and identified the letter as his 601 hardship letter. Each set of exhibits (i.e. medical, financial, etc) is in a plastic sheet cover with a label on that as well. I put labels everywhere - I do not trust them to keep everything together or to know who the waiver is for!!! Good luck!

and congrats bailey!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.