LA NEGRA

Intent of marriage

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm in the same boat but I forgot a lot more than the letter of intent, I'm scrambling now to gather everything and send it but would it be best for me to send it to Vermont or to the Lockbox? I'm scared i'm just going to be denied instead of getting an RFE for I want to attempt to send what they need now before they process our application. ( Yes I know its not a guarantee)

I'm in the same boat but I forgot a lot more than the letter of intent, I'm scrambling now to gather everything and send it but would it be best for me to send it to Vermont or to the Lockbox? I'm scared i'm just going to be denied instead of getting an RFE for I want to attempt to send what they need now before they process our application. ( Yes I know its not a guarantee)

You can try to send it now, provided you have your petition case number. However, it is not guaranteed that it will all be matched up with your petition. How long ago did you file?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh and does it have to be notirized???

No notary needed for this.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Again everyone should read the instructions and VJ guides to save more heartache and time.

Agree, read and heed! :thumbs:

Trying to send in supplemental information after initial submission of petition can be sketchy at best. It is like trying to find and match up two needles in a very large haystack. I have read where it has happened. Of course, I wouldn't want to bet on those odds, and certainly wouldn't want my future dependent on a BIG maybe.....

YMMV

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Agree, read and heed! :thumbs:

Trying to send in supplemental information after initial submission of petition can be sketchy at best. It is like trying to find and match up two needles in a very large haystack. I have read where it has happened. Of course, I wouldn't want to bet on those odds, and certainly wouldn't want my future dependent on a BIG maybe.....

YMMV

To add to this post, I have seen members who have tried to send documents in to avoid RFE and indeed, they had to send again. One senior member advises to wait for RFE and be prepared to send it promptly back in. This way your documents get matched up to your case and you have a nice paperwork trail.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Well some of us had submitted application before meeting VJ so maybe if we knew what we now learned with VJ we would have not been in this situation....

No one is criticizing you personally. Please don't take it that way. No one knows your experience 100% so don't expect them to know that you were not aware of VJ when you filed. The main thing is that you now have the power of being informed on your side and you have made no "grave" errors. A lot of people get RFE's for reasons as small as no signature. So a RFE is not always a very bad thing. Being denied is a bad thing. I remember when we were waiting that we hoped for a RFE just to know that someone was looking at our application. :blink:

Just use the information given to you here to help you with your journey. Everyone here has gone through it also. We know the pain of waiting, the agony of being apart, and the thrill of being approved. We are pulling for you also.

Good luck with your journey.....!!! :thumbs:

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well some of us had submitted application before meeting VJ so maybe if we knew what we now learned with VJ we would have not been in this situation....

Ah, .....I had submitted our petition before joining VJ, and have had no issues, no RFEs, etc.... :whistle:

YMMV

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Ok so I didn't add a letter of intending to marry in 90 day with my application so now my question is.... Would I get a RFE???

La negra, you more than likely will not get a RFE. I didn't send it with my I129F package and got my NOA2 in 4 months with no RFE. I also didn't know about VJ until after 3 months that I sent my petition in so I was in limbo land when I sent my paperwork. After joining VJ I realized that many people sent it and I was worried and even called USCIS and they told me not to send anything in unless they ask for it. I say don't worry about it, not every immigration officer is the same but I'm almost 100% sure you will be fine as long as you sent everything else they ask for. And if they ask for it, then just simply send it. It may only add about a month to get your NOA2.

Good luck & don't stress too much. Im telling you from experience :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The best way to handle this is to send a copy of your and his letters of intent to the service center that received your petition sent it certified mail and wait until you get the receipt back in the mail stating that it was received and then call the uscis and

and ask for a terr two manager and tell them that your up date is in there mail room and to put your up date with your petition then there will be no delay in the processing of your petition Ok then good luck

Timeline

The best way to handle this is to send a copy of your and his letters of intent to the service center that received your petition sent it certified mail and wait until you get the receipt back in the mail stating that it was received and then call the uscis and

and ask for a terr two manager and tell them that your up date is in there mail room and to put your up date with your petition then there will be no delay in the processing of your petition Ok then good luck

The problem with this is that there have been numerous posts over the last 2 years about people preemptively trying to avoid a RFE and the documents not getting to the proper file,place, person, etc..... There is nothing wrong with trying this approach, but it has been shown not to be effective. The "best" way to handle it is to wait for the RFE (if one even comes) and respond appropriately to the comments in the RFE. At worst, if they do get a RFE and respond promptly, there wait will be prolonged only about 4 weeks.

Edited by John & Mari

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

VJ is irrelevant. The information is in the instructions supplied with the forms you filled out. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Each form supplied by USCIS comes with specific instructions, it is really important to read these so you know what they expect you to include.

Best of luck.

No one is criticizing you personally. Please don't take it that way. No one knows your experience 100% so don't expect them to know that you were not aware of VJ when you filed. The main thing is that you now have the power of being informed on your side and you have made no "grave" errors. A lot of people get RFE's for reasons as small as no signature. So a RFE is not always a very bad thing. Being denied is a bad thing. I remember when we were waiting that we hoped for a RFE just to know that someone was looking at our application. :blink:

Just use the information given to you here to help you with your journey. Everyone here has gone through it also. We know the pain of waiting, the agony of being apart, and the thrill of being approved. We are pulling for you also.

Good luck with your journey.....!!! :thumbs:

Thank you so much!!! Some people just try to sound too smart and we all know that we didn't know everything at the beginning, we all learn as we go...?

Ah, .....I had submitted our petition before joining VJ, and have had no issues, no RFEs, etc.... :whistle:

YMMV

Good for you!!! I haven't had a RFE either so what are you saying??

Edited by LA NEGRA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

To add to this post, I have seen members who have tried to send documents in to avoid RFE and indeed, they had to send again. One senior member advises to wait for RFE and be prepared to send it promptly back in. This way your documents get matched up to your case and you have a nice paperwork trail.

This depends ENTIRELY on what was missing. For example in QueenE's case she is most likely to get a denial and NOT an RFE because she sent just the form and money, no supporting docs to in order to try and not waste the application money it's better to send it all now with a copy of her NOA1. However in the OP's case where there's just one document missing (that they're aware of at this time) then it's better to wait for the RFE because it's most likely going to be matched up.

The problem with this is that there have been numerous posts over the last 2 years about people preemptively trying to avoid a RFE and the documents not getting to the proper file,place, person, etc..... There is nothing wrong with trying this approach, but it has been shown not to be effective. The "best" way to handle it is to wait for the RFE (if one even comes) and respond appropriately to the comments in the RFE. At worst, if they do get a RFE and respond promptly, there wait will be prolonged only about 4 weeks.

Again, depends on the situation. While again, YES it is best to wait for the RFE, in some cases where denial is more likely than RFE, it's better to just send now with the NOA1 and hope for the best.

La negra, you more than likely will not get a RFE. I didn't send it with my I129F package and got my NOA2 in 4 months with no RFE. I also didn't know about VJ until after 3 months that I sent my petition in so I was in limbo land when I sent my paperwork. After joining VJ I realized that many people sent it and I was worried and even called USCIS and they told me not to send anything in unless they ask for it. I say don't worry about it, not every immigration officer is the same but I'm almost 100% sure you will be fine as long as you sent everything else they ask for. And if they ask for it, then just simply send it. It may only add about a month to get your NOA2.

Good luck & don't stress too much. Im telling you from experience :star:

You are awesome!!! Thanks for your support...

Edited by LA NEGRA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.