eternalcompanion

Expedite Request

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members, we called NCSC and requested for an expedite processing, for reason of aging out of my daughter. It was denied for reason we really don't know. They said it was emailed to my petitioner, but nothing in his email. My question is, is it possible to ask for a reconsideration of their decision. I asked my petitioner to call again NCSC and explained it again in full details our reason. And ask the help of the congressman or the senator in his State. What's on your mind?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the petitoin is back in the US it is in the review cycle and it is doubtful that you will get it back to the embassy and an interview veru quick. When does your daughter age out ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

If the petitoin is back in the US it is in the review cycle and it is doubtful that you will get it back to the embassy and an interview veru quick. When does your daughter age out ?

My daughter will turn 21 April 2013. I am a May 2012 filer so probably October 2012 I will receive our NOA2. Can we call again for a reconsideration? Is that possible?

Timeline

It was probably denied because it's not really considered an emergency that your daughter be included, as much as you'd like her to be. That's not grounds for an expedite. If you get your NOA2 in October, doesn't that seem like plenty of time? That still gives you 7 more months before your daughter turns 21, or do you have to have her visa some time before her birthday?

Calling your congressman or congresswoman won't hurt though!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My daughter will turn 21 April 2013. I am a May 2012 filer so probably October 2012 I will receive our NOA2. Can we call again for a reconsideration? Is that possible?

Unfortunately your daughter will age out. CSPA may still help her, but there's no way to know this until her priority date becomes current.

Until a visa number is available to her and her priority date is current, she does not qualify for a visa. Since she does not qualify for visa because her priority date is not current, the request for expedite will be denied.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

I read from past postings here that "aging out" of a beneficiary's child is one of those consider in granting expedite process of K-1 petition. So i thought i can request one based on that ground. And i did, but was denied. I believe i dont have much time if my petition will be approved by October, since from there I only have 5 months left. I will have to undergo medical and interview and the whole process until the AOS and NOA1 to the Chicago Lock Box. Exact approximate time without delays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.