one-heart

Casablanca Interview Review and Advice

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Upon entering he was interviewed by a Moroccan man. He checked the files that he was suppose to bring. He asked was either you or your wife married before? Who is ______(my fathers name)?. Have you been outside Morocco?

Then he waited for his second interview in a closed room with a nice Asian women. She asked

1) How did you meet your wife? (followed by numerous interruptions of questions that were related to the main question however the interviewer would include wrong information in these questions and it was up to the beneficiary to correct this mistakes that she was including in the follow up questions).

2)While looking at photo album, asking how many people attended the wedding ceremony.

3)How many times did she visit you.

4) What you are planning to do when you are in America.

The interview lasted 20 minutes but he was in there for a total of 4 hours. He answered every question with a monologue answer and in addition to answering each question he provided even additional information that was not asked for. It is important not to just answer with a yes or a single sentence speak until they tell you another question. Remember they don’t want to give you a visa so it is your job to fight for it. The interviewer was summarizing information that he said but has giving wrong information, if this happens CORRECT HER IMMEDIATELY.

Notes about the interview. One of the most influential factors that will help in the interview is practice before the interview. Mock interviews and studying the questions that have been previously posted on visa journey are a must for a successful interview. The inteviewee must appear confident and collected. In addition the beneficiary must bring a lot of evidence and put it in front of him /her in every interview ( in our case they only asked for a couple of photos) but just the allusion is impressive to the interviewers. The evidencescan be copies that they already have, or messages/call histories and even just random unrelated papers in a file. Also praying fjar and istikhara will only help and ask for your parents to pray for you.

Facts about the case:

The beneficiary was living outside Morocco for three years and met the Petitioner when she was living in Morocco.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to MENA regional forum; topic is specific to Morocco.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great news!! Thanks for sharing what happened. It always helps the rest of us who have not gone through it yet, CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam alaikom,

So happy for you :) May the rest of your lives be fulfilling and blessed.

Thanks for sharing about the interview- very helpful

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Upon entering he was interviewed by a Moroccan man. He checked the files that he was suppose to bring. He asked was either you or your wife married before? Who is ______(my fathers name)?. Have you been outside Morocco?

Then he waited for his second interview in a closed room with a nice Asian women. She asked

1) How did you meet your wife? (followed by numerous interruptions of questions that were related to the main question however the interviewer would include wrong information in these questions and it was up to the beneficiary to correct this mistakes that she was including in the follow up questions).

2)While looking at photo album, asking how many people attended the wedding ceremony.

3)How many times did she visit you.

4) What you are planning to do when you are in America.

The interview lasted 20 minutes but he was in there for a total of 4 hours. He answered every question with a monologue answer and in addition to answering each question he provided even additional information that was not asked for. It is important not to just answer with a yes or a single sentence speak until they tell you another question. Remember they don’t want to give you a visa so it is your job to fight for it. The interviewer was summarizing information that he said but has giving wrong information, if this happens CORRECT HER IMMEDIATELY.

Notes about the interview. One of the most influential factors that will help in the interview is practice before the interview. Mock interviews and studying the questions that have been previously posted on visa journey are a must for a successful interview. The inteviewee must appear confident and collected. In addition the beneficiary must bring a lot of evidence and put it in front of him /her in every interview ( in our case they only asked for a couple of photos) but just the allusion is impressive to the interviewers. The evidencescan be copies that they already have, or messages/call histories and even just random unrelated papers in a file. Also praying fjar and istikhara will only help and ask for your parents to pray for you.

Facts about the case:

The beneficiary was living outside Morocco for three years and met the Petitioner when she was living in Morocco.

Salam Aleikum, Ramadan Mabrouk to You! I'm a Casablanca resident, 27 years old male, beneficiary of a CR-1 spousal visa, my interview was scheduled on Aug 23rd, 2012 Inshallah, but nothing on the NVC letter asked me to provide items that could accomplish the relationship between me and my wife. Below is a the required documents for the interview mentioned on the NVC letter (PDF file emailed to me):

" The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not the

NVC received them. Please note that even though the applicant may have provided

the NVC with a copy of a document, the applicant is still required to bring the

original document to the visa interview.

Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS ©

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 (Y)

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 (Y)

2 - PASSPORT (Y)

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE (O)

4 - ADOPTION (F)

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (O)

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION (F)

7 - COURT RECORDS (F)

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE (Y)

9 - MILITARY RECORDS (F)

FEE PAYMENT ($)

PHOTOGRAPH (Y)

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (F)

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE (F)

MOROCCO FICHE ANTHROPOMETRIQUE (O)

MOROCCO CASIER JUDICIARE

* F = This form is not necessary for this application.

* C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

* Y = The required document has been received.

* O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post

requirements.

* $ = Payment received. "

Do i need to provide evidences and items that accomplish the relationship between me and my wife (bona fide evidences)? i hope things won't go further than what's on the nvc letter, shukran in advance brother.

Salam Aleikum, Ramadan Mabrouk to You! I'm a Casablanca resident, 27 years old male, beneficiary of a CR-1 spousal visa, my interview was scheduled on Aug 23rd, 2012 Inshallah, but nothing on the NVC letter asked me to provide items that could accomplish the relationship between me and my wife. Below is a the required documents for the interview mentioned on the NVC letter (PDF file emailed to me):

" The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not the

2 - PASSPORT (Y)

4 - ADOPTION (F)

7 - COURT RECORDS (F)

9 - MILITARY RECORDS (F)

FEE PAYMENT ($)

PHOTOGRAPH (Y)

MOROCCO CASIER JUDICIARE

requirements.

Do i need to provide evidences and items that accomplish the relationship between me and my wife (bona fide evidences)? i hope things won't go further than what's on the nvc letter, shukran in advance brother.

Ops! the F between brackets created a flower!!!

Filed: Timeline

2 - PASSPORT (Y)

4 - ADOPTION (F)

7 - COURT RECORDS (F)

9 - MILITARY RECORDS (F)

FEE PAYMENT ($)

PHOTOGRAPH (Y)

MOROCCO CASIER JUDICIARE

requirements.

rother.

Do i need to provide evidences and items that accomplish the relationship between me and my wife (bona fide evidences)? i hope things won't go further than what's on the nvc letter, shukran in advance b

• The answer is YES

What kind of evidence to you have already to show them at your interview if they ask for it?

You should be very prepared and have has much evidence as possible of the two of you having a relationship since your marriage. Things to consider are : wedding photos, family pictures of the two of you together, chat history, phone call history, skype, proof of her ongoing trips after the marriage to see you, etc.

You are dealing with Casablanca and this consulate does not play around and EVIDENCE is extremely important.

Additionally, what, if anything did your wife send in with the original application package as evidence of an ongoing relationship SarAyouBliss? Did she send pictures, letters, emails between the two of you, chats, or Skypes or any of that? Casablanca is a consulate that's big on "front-loading"- the interviewing officers often look at those things well in advance of interviews, and in many cases already have a pretty good idea who they are denying and who they are granting visas before the beneficiary even stands in front of them.

It can still be ok if she did not already send those things, you can bring them to the interview, like ForeverWaiting said, but it can make for a more challenging interview process. I would also add that evidence of a relationship/getting to know you stage BEFORE you got married should be included as well. Any letters, chats or whatever from that time should definitely be included too. It should look like there's a normal progression to the relationship, not that you're somehow suddenly married.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.