groovlstk

Packet 3 received... now what?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi folks,

My fiancee received Packet 3 yesterday from the US embassy in Moscow. I read here that there is a checklist and some forms she needs to return to the embassy before they'll send her the P4.

However, she insists that none of the documents direct her to send anything to the embassy. They simply spell out what she must take to her interview (which they have already scheduled, for Dec. 12).

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance to any advice! I tried to search for "packet 3" on the site but I keep getting error messages, so my apologies if this has already been addressed.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi folks,

My fiancee received Packet 3 yesterday from the US embassy in Moscow. I read here that there is a checklist and some forms she needs to return to the embassy before they'll send her the P4.

However, she insists that none of the documents direct her to send anything to the embassy. They simply spell out what she must take to her interview (which they have already scheduled, for Dec. 12).

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance to any advice! I tried to search for "packet 3" on the site but I keep getting error messages, so my apologies if this has already been addressed.

There are new procedures effective this month in Moscow. If you have not already I highly suggest that you review this. I could find nothing other than they will send the invitation letter and a list of required documents to bring with her to the interview.

YMMV

I do not think Moscow uses a packet 3 and 4. Tanja got the full information packet to fill out and bring with her to the embassy for interview.

Hi folks,

Is this correct?

09-Mar-06: Visit Tatiana in Omsk

13-Mar-06: Propose to Tatiana, she says yes! :)

11-Apr-06: Send I129F

18-Apr-06: NOA1

01-Jun-06: Transferred from Nebraska to California

15-Jun-06: Visit Tatiana and Celebration in Omsk

03-Jul-06: Receive IMBRA RFE

05-Jul-06: Return IMBRA RFE

11-Jul-06: RFE accepted email

31-Jul-06: APPROVED NOA2!!!

07-Aug-06: Touched (Send to NVC touch?)

10-Aug-06: NVC received

16-Aug-06: NVC letter sent

21-Aug-06: NVC sent to Moscow

23-Aug-06: DHL delivers to embassy

12-Sep-06: Rcvd Packet from embassy

25-Oct-06: Interview at embassy - VISA APPROVED!!!

03-Nov-06: Reunited again in Detroit!

25-Nov-06: Married =)

04-Dec-06: Filed AOS

07-Dec-06: NOA1

26-Dec-06: Biometrics

19-Dec-06: RFE requested

26-Dec-06: Received RFE

27-Dec-06: Sent back RFE

03-Jan-07: Email of RFE acceptance

06-Mar-07: Interview - 'Green cards should arrive 1 to 2 weeks in mail' =)

09-Mar-07: Received welcome emails

10-Mar-07: Received K2 welcome letter

12-Mar-07: Received K1 welcome letter

15-Mar-07: Greencards arrive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.