Kat & Brett

NBI again!

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks! That helps a lot...I tried browsing at USEM website but i couldnt find it...Maybe need more time...

If you still have the URL for the said site then it would be great if you can share it to me...

Here's the link for the instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not together quite yet, she arrives August 8th :)

Ours is green too. The one from 2011 says 'Valid for Travel Abroad' but the one from 2012 says 'For Travel to US'. Probably they asked her what it was for, and she told them K1 Visa and so they put that. I believe as long as it's green (not yellow) and says something about travel to US or abroad, you will be totally fine.

Oh i see...Better then coz she has already her visa...

I guess really need to specify the purpose of getting it to be safe...

If you dont mind me asking this, she got her visa around May if im not mistaken? Why it takes a couple of months for her to come to US? sorry for asking im just wondering why...

Timeline

This is what I got when I asked an NBI chief here in our locality regarding that annotation in the NBI clearance and this is what his answer was: The "No Record on File" shows that you have no criminal record at all, meaning you are clean from any criminal record since your birth. The "No Criminal Record" shows that you had previous cases before but was terminated or dismissed already. This one needs an explanation or sort of affidavit of what kind of cases did you have before and how it was terminated or dismissed. I helped one of a friend of mine regarding his work visa in Canada, and he has previous cases of vehicular accident cases way back 70's and was dismissed already. We prepared an explanation or affidavit of the circumstances of that case and how it was terminated or dismissed. His NBI clearance has "No Record on File" annotation. I hope this would help you.

Timeline

Sorry i was about to edit or delete my earlier post but i cannot do it anymore. So I am correcting it thru this one. The first one should be "No Derrogatory Record" and the second one should be "No Criminal Record". This is based on what was explained to me by an NBI chief in our locality.

But my NBI clearance and my daughter also shows "No Record on File", I would understand mine because I got hits under my name, but confused with my daughter because she has no record at all but just the same her NBI is "No Record on File".

I hope i didnt confuse everyone with my earlier posting, sorry i was not able to edit or delete the same. My apology.

Edited by courtady73

Timeline

Sorry i was about to edit or delete my earlier post but i cannot do it anymore. So I am correcting it thru this one. The first one should be "No Derrogatory Record" and the second one should be "No Criminal Record". This is based on what was explained to me by an NBI chief in our locality.

But my NBI clearance and my daughter also shows "No Record on File", I would understand mine because I got hits under my name, but confused with my daughter because she has no record at all but just the same her NBI is "No Record on File".

I hope i didnt confuse everyone with my earlier posting, sorry i was not able to edit or delete the same. My apology.

Timeline

This is what I got when I asked an NBI chief here in our locality regarding that annotation in the NBI clearance and this is what his answer was: The "No Record on File" shows that you have no criminal record at all, meaning you are clean from any criminal record since your birth. The "No Criminal Record" shows that you had previous cases before but was terminated or dismissed already. This one needs an explanation or sort of affidavit of what kind of cases did you have before and how it was terminated or dismissed. I helped one of a friend of mine regarding his work visa in Canada, and he has previous cases of vehicular accident cases way back 70's and was dismissed already. We prepared an explanation or affidavit of the circumstances of that case and how it was terminated or dismissed. His NBI clearance has "No Record on File" annotation. I hope this would help you.

Thanks for the info...Now i know what does it mean. I did check your timeline and we're almost the same...

We just filed late May...I'm looking forward for our quick NOA2 :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks for the info...Now i know what does it mean. I did check your timeline and we're almost the same...

We just filed late May...I'm looking forward for our quick NOA2 :thumbs:

Yes, from what i saw in the VSC timeline some took only four months, i saw January and February filers being approved. Good luck to us!

Timeline

Yes, from what i saw in the VSC timeline some took only four months, i saw January and February filers being approved. Good luck to us!

Yep! Nothing is impossible! We can't do nothing for now but to wait...And trust HIm...

Btw, where are you in Manila?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah! I really do hope they can give us info regarding this matter...

I will take this opportunity also to ask you about Packet 3 and 4...Do you have already an idea about this?

Manila embassy does not send out a packet, everything is online.

Once you have your MNL # you can take your passport and required visa fee (in Php) to BPI and pay your visa fee. The embassy website states that within 4 hours of paying at BPI you can schedule your interview appointment but most times it seems to take about 24 hours.

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number (normally).

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 1 was accepted.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

(NW Tucson)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If you dont mind me asking this, she got her visa around May if im not mistaken? Why it takes a couple of months for her to come to US? sorry for asking im just wondering why...

It's ok to ask. I was there three times last year, so we've been together quite a bit there (I was there three months last year). When we got our Visa, my fiancé really wanted to do a bit of travel before she moves here, first to see her elderly grandfather back in Mindinao, then to see the rest of her relatives in Negros. At the moment she's back in Thailand visiting all of her friends there. So we wanted her to be able to travel around and say all her goodbyes for now. And we own a condo there, so wanted some time to get it all packed up, and prepared for a friend of ours there who is going to rent it from us for a while.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We delayed flying back for two months so that my wife could have time to visit with family and friends without rushing about, she would not quit working ... very loyal and dedicated. :blush:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Manila embassy does not send out a packet, everything is online.

Once you have your MNL # you can take your passport and required visa fee (in Php) to BPI and pay your visa fee. The embassy website states that within 4 hours of paying at BPI you can schedule your interview appointment but most times it seems to take about 24 hours.

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number (normally).

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 1 was accepted.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

(NW Tucson)

Hi Hank!

THanks for the info...I was thinking the embassy will be the one to schedule the interview after submission of the required docs or additional docs from the beneficiary and after you've done the medical...I have read in some members conversation just yesterday and she's done with her medical few days ago without visa appointment just the case #, that after getting case # you can now schedule yourself for medical

And i thougth online visa appointment is intended only for special cases like expedite with valid reason. etc..Correct me if im wrong...im confused! :unsure:

I did bookmark important links..

Btw, my fiancee is from tucson also...

Timeline

In the Philippines, after NOA2 at some point your fiancé will get a letter from the US Embassy that has the case number and instructions where to download the PDF file that is Packet 3. As others have noted, you do not need to wait for this. If you get the case number from calling NVC, you can get started long before that letter arrives (and for some it never arrives).

In Ph, you schedule your own interview. There is no schedule for medical, it's first come first serve, but you can 'pre-register' online and print out the registration, that will make it go faster. But you just show up first thing in the morning.

All in all, the system is pretty easy.

Get Case number from NVC

Pay at BPI and get receipt

Scehdule Interview online

Preregister medical online

Do Medical

Do Interview

Get Visa

Be Happy!

Timeline

In the Philippines, after NOA2 at some point your fiancé will get a letter from the US Embassy that has the case number and instructions where to download the PDF file that is Packet 3. As others have noted, you do not need to wait for this. If you get the case number from calling NVC, you can get started long before that letter arrives (and for some it never arrives).

In Ph, you schedule your own interview. There is no schedule for medical, it's first come first serve, but you can 'pre-register' online and print out the registration, that will make it go faster. But you just show up first thing in the morning.

All in all, the system is pretty easy.

Get Case number from NVC

Pay at BPI and get receipt

Scehdule Interview online

Preregister medical online

Do Medical

Do Interview

Get Visa

Be Happy!

Thanks Mogambi! It's clear now...

But i have to make sure first that USEM has already my file/case before an online visa appointment...

Im the beneficiary...I know its still long way to go for us but better then to clarify everything beforehand to put things in order...

My fiance read a lot but sometimes written instructions are confusing so better ask someone who has experienced that went through the whole processed....

Very helpful especially for us who just start our journey...

Thanks a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.