msheesha

Ramadan 2012

117 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What mesemen recipe are you using? I'd love to surprise Y and make it for him!

I think you could do any number of things:

- kefta, onion, paprika, ginger, salt, pepper, garlic

- shredded chicken or minced shrimp, onion, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, garlic

- cream cheese or cottage cheese, a bit of marinara sauce, and italian seasonings

- feta, olives, roasted red pepper

- charmoula

- olive oil and zaatar

- cream cheese, fruit pie filling of your choice

- cream cheese, a bit of canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice

- spinach, cottage cheese, turmeric, cayenne, salt, onion, ginger, garlic, diced chile, garam masala, coriander seed, cumin, and cilantro

- onion, shredded chicken or spinach, salsa verde

- kefta seasoned with taco seasoning

Timeline

Also... and this is WAY OT, but I'm sure to find more people here who would get it than anywhere else.

Did y'all watch the opening ceremonies?

So-- right before Greece started the Parade of Nations, there was some crazy Moroccan sounding music.

I looked EVERYWHERE. Oh. The Chemical Brothers stole it for Galvanize- Don't Hold Back.

But the part that is used for the ceremonies? TOTALLY not even with lyrics! Just the instrumental part. Which... comes directly from Najat Aatabo's Hadi Kedba Bayna (which I hear often in Morocco).

The original (1992)

The mix that the Chemical Brothers sampled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHJDsU-9KBw

Edited by kristen_maroc

Timeline

So Chemical Brothers used it...

Chemical Brothers: Galvanize:

NBC is making it impossible to find it in good quality online, but listen carefully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl3mXygditc

Did anyone else notice this?

Awww, that sounds like a fabulous trip! I love Haystack Rock too, and the little tidepools. We stayed there just a few months ago for our 5th anniversary. I think it's really awesome you chose to head to Oregon for that kind of trip, and that it did not disappoint.

It is a pretty cool location-being just an hour and a half to the beach, or an hour and a half to Mt Hood for snowboarding in the winter, and another hour or so to the high desert, in Bend. We love road trips, and there's lots to see around here.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Since we aren't eating anything today, my daughter has been bringing us plates of plastic cupcakes and glasses of milk from her play kitchen. I've pretended to eat like four cupcakes already, and it's not even noon!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: Timeline
1344792418[/url]' post='5605708']

What mesemen recipe are you using? I'd love to surprise Y and make it for him!

I think you could do any number of things:

- kefta, onion, paprika, ginger, salt, pepper, garlic

- shredded chicken or minced shrimp, onion, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, garlic

- cream cheese or cottage cheese, a bit of marinara sauce, and italian seasonings

- feta, olives, roasted red pepper

- charmoula

- olive oil and zaatar

- cream cheese, fruit pie filling of your choice

- cream cheese, a bit of canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice

- spinach, cottage cheese, turmeric, cayenne, salt, onion, ginger, garlic, diced chile, garam masala, coriander seed, cumin, and cilantro

- onion, shredded chicken or spinach, salsa verde

- kefta seasoned with taco seasoning

Unsure where I got the recipe, but here it is, and Mohammed says its just like home lol. Last year, I really screwed it up and had to remake it like three times until I could figure out the consistency of the dough.

3.5 cups self purpose flour

1.5 cups of fine semolina

2 tsp sugar

2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp yeast

1.5 cups warm water

Folding mix

1 cup veg. Oil

1/4 cup melted unsalted butter

Mix both together after heating butter

Mix above all together in large bowl, mix to form a ball. I use my hook on the kitchen aid and it works great in about 7 minutes. If you need by hand, 15 min until dough is soft and not sticky. Use very little flour in both cases of mixing if dough is sticky.

Watch you tube on making Moroccan msemmen...it's easier than my directions lol.

Make golf ball size balls or a bit bigger and brush oil/butter on top of them. Cover with plastic wrap and let the msemmen rest for 20 min before flattening paper thin.

I got tired last night making so many. I thought to myself, I will make 15 tonight and that should be good for a few days. This morning I got up and there were three left. Gosh he ate like a horse.

I like all your ideas with msemmen, thanks so much ....the cheese yummmm the onion mixture double yummm.

Edited by foreverwaiting

1344796247[/url]' post='5605770']

Since we aren't eating anything today, my daughter has been bringing us plates of plastic cupcakes and glasses of milk from her play kitchen. I've pretended to eat like four cupcakes already, and it's not even noon!

Awwww so cute, I remember those days, now it's just mom can we go make-up shopping, I need this, I need that....

Tonight, I had to make her favorite thing since she was a small child.....biscuits and chocolate gravy.....close to cupcakes lol

Biscuits and chocolate, yum!

I ordered lots of twinkly LED lights, and little LED "candles" for all of my Moroccan lanterns, that finally arrived today, so I'm working on getting things looking festive for the holiday. Tomorrow I need to make a grocery list and get to work. My daughter wants ghribya, and my son wants lemon pie.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Biscuits and chocolate, yum!

I ordered lots of twinkly LED lights, and little LED "candles" for all of my Moroccan lanterns, that finally arrived today, so I'm working on getting things looking festive for the holiday. Tomorrow I need to make a grocery list and get to work. My daughter wants ghribya, and my son wants lemon pie.

That sounds lovely with the Moroccan lanterns, I actually would like to read up on this as I would love to incorporate some beautiful lanterns as well. That's a great idea!!! How do you display the lanterns if you don't mind my asking? I googled the word Ghribya and it looks very similar to the mexican wedding cookie recipe I have, except I add chopped pecans or walnuts to the mixture. It is my favorite cookie by far and hubby loves it too. As far as lemon pie, my family can't get enough of lemon pies, lemon cookies, etc. I am making mini lemon meringue tarts as well for Eid along with wedding cookies and almond semolina cookies. Along with all the cookies, I will be adding some chocolate called Buckeyes, It's basically peanut butter mixed with soft butter and confectioner sugar and rolled into a ball and then half of the ball is dipped into melted chocolate. It very yummy if prepared right, kinda like a reese cup taste. Kids love them.

i have a whole different mix of them-some actually bought in morocco, others bought in different places, from pottery barn to homegoods. my sister in law has bought me some very pretty ones the last couple of years for my birthday. i have one hanging up in my dining room, near the patio door, the others i have arranged around the living room, mostly around the fireplace. the little lights look pretty, and i don't have to be paranoid my daughter is going to knock one over and set the house on fire.

i spelled the cookies wrong, it was late, and i was tired. they're ghriyba, this is the one i've made before, and will make again.

the buckeyes sound amazing! lemon meringue tarts too.

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

عيـــــــــدكم مبــــــــارك سعيــــــــــد :)

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.