Sheriff Uling

Manila Embassy - Packet 4 ONLY

13 posts in this topic

The Manila Embassy does NOT issue a Packet 3 (ONLY PACKET 4). It's no wonder folks have been PMing me asking me about Packet 3 because people are making it up. There is NO PACKET 3 issued by the Manila Embassy. They stopped doing that long ago. So please stop announcing that a Packet 3 exist, and it's not the instructions, the envelop, or any other piece of paper... There is NO PACKET 3. This process is confusing enough without people posting incorrect information. If you don't believe me then please call the Manila Embassy. The number is within my signature, and I assure you that they will not know what you are talking about.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I second Uling. I've been moderating our Manila thread for more than a year now and I assure all Manila beneficiaries that there is no Packet 3. We only get Packet 4, otherwise known as Fiance/e (K1) Visa Applicants Appointment Packet.

Starting in September, however, Manila Embassy has been issuing a letter (not Packet 3, just a simple letter) to advise Manila beneficiaries the date that the embassy received the physical files. They probably did this to minimize the phone calls they've been receiving inquiring if the physical files have been received at the embassy.

Again, THERE IS NO PACKET 3 FOR MANILA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally!!!! People who gave answers that actually sounds credible!

I called the embassy yesterday and they said that I am only waiting for packet 4 but people had been saying left and right that there's a "packet 3"...

Thanks guys!

Oh, would you guys have any idea about making requests from the embassy to send the packet to St. Lukes instead of you address of residence? I've read that somewhere in the forums and they say that it's faster and more relaible. How true is this?

...Oh, would you guys have any idea about making requests from the embassy to send the packet to St. Lukes instead of you address of residence? I've read that somewhere in the forums and they say that it's faster and more relaible. How true is this?

sinkhanna

The direct answer to your question is... I don't know if they will send Packet 4 directly to St. Lukes instead of attempting to send it to the beneficiary's residence first, but you can call the Manila Embassy and inquire (the number is within my signature). However, they will send Packet 4 to St. Lukes (in about two or three business days) at your request if the beneficiary has not received it (which is true).

Here is what I have seen read about in other cases:

On average, it appears that the Manila Embassy sends Packet 4 to the beneficiary's addresss within 30 - 45 days before the interview. If the beneficiary has not received Packet 4, then call the Manila Embassy and request to pick it up at St. Lukes, which normally takes around two or three business days.

NOTE: It does appear to be more reliable because I have not read anywhere that Packet 4 was not at St. Lukes upon requesting to pick it up there.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

a :thumbs: to Uling and PatientlyWaiting. when people have been receiving the courtesy letter from the Embassy that the physical petition has arrived, they assumed that was package 3. they probably got confused since some Embassys have a package 3 and 4. whatever Embassy you are going thru, you should always go to that Embassy's website to see what's required. it can vary from Embassy to Embassy.

we are fortunate you can download the fiance visa appointment package on the Manila Embassy website. not all Embassy websites have it available.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• 4 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Manila consulate dont send out Packet 4.It can now be accessed at manila consulate website.good.gif

Can one sched an appt without the courtesy letter?helpsmilie.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Manila consulate dont send out Packet 4.It can now be accessed at manila consulate website.good.gif

Yes, you can schedule your interview appointment without having received a letter/email from the USEM. Here's what to do:

1. About one week after you are notified by the USCIS that your K-1 packet has been approved (NOA2), call the NVC and get your MNL case number. You need your MNL case number in order to make an interview appointment.

2. About ten business days after you get your MNL case number from the NVC, call the Embassy call center and make an interview appointment.

> The Embassy call center will allow you to make an interview appointment when your K-1 packet has arrived at the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM) and it is entered into their system.

> If the Embassy call center asks whether you have received a letter from the USEM, simply tell them "yes." Then they will allow you to make an interview appointment. If you tell them "no," then they will not allow you to make an interview appointment.

> When you are making the interview appointment, make sure to give the beneficiary's email address to the Embassy call center so the call center can email the interview appointment confirmation to the beneficiary. The beneficiary will need this interview appointment confirmation when the beneficiary goes to St. Lukes for their medical, and also when the beneficiary goes to their interview at the USEM.

> If the script-readers at the Embassy call center tell you to call back in two weeks...ignore it. Call back every day until they allow you to set an interview appointment.

That's my two cents...

~ Tahoma B-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank u for this wonderful info.good.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

I just received my DS-230/I-864 package today. We filed DCF at the embassy 4 weeks ago today. We have the MNL case # now. Can we call and schedule an interview? If not, how long after sending in the packet should I wait?

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

I just received my DS-230/I-864 package today. We filed DCF at the embassy 4 weeks ago today. We have the MNL case # now. Can we call and schedule an interview? If not, how long after sending in the packet should I wait?

Hi BigJohn...I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to say that maybe you should post your question in a new thread since it might get lost in this thread about K-1 fiancée visas. Why don't you post your question over in the IR-1/CR-1 forum. I think you will get a better response to your question.

• 10 months later...
Filed: IR-4 Country: Netherlands
Timeline

can you please give us a link where we can access the packet 4 at manila consulate website...as you say we can...Thanks

can you please give us a link where we can access the packet 4 at manila consulate website...as you say we can...Thanks

I don't know if anyone calls it Packet 4 anymore, However, here is the letter the Embassy will send you in order to notify you that they have received your case and you are eligible for an appointment: my link.

Don't wait around for this letter. It can take a month or more to receive it. Sometimes it never arrives. Instead, wait a week or two after the NVC sends your case to Manila. Then pay your visa fee and schedule your interview appointment. That's how long it takes the Embassy to receive your case and to enter it into their system. Once it is entered into their system, you can schedule an interview. Also, if you have lots of patience, you can call the Embassy to find out if your case is entered into their system.

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey!!! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.