aijan

Wednesday - Mercredi - El Arbi'aa -

46 posts in this topic

Good morning girls !!

it's 7:00am in Morocco

I woke up singing the refrain of the 80' hair band "Europe" ... it's the final countdown, lalalaaala, lalalal lalaaa :D:jest:

Less than 24 hours left

Good luck JP

Have a nice wednesday to ALL

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good Morning People!

My mood is not a good one this morning... something I just read urked me ...I need a break from this!

Good Luck JP and Najia! I pray you get approvals. :luv:

Anyway esalaam and a happy Eid to the rest of you... I think I am going to take a much needed break... I have to make preparations for the rest of week's sweets and cakes making for Eid (inchallah)...and stay as much time with my husband as I can.

Ramadan Kerim/Saha Ftourek!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Happy Wednesday, Najia, I see you are excited. You should be. Warning, today is going to just vanish on you so if theres anything you need to do, get it done early. You too, JP!

Yayyy how cool is this? this time tomorrow we will have results for you both.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good Morning People!

My mood is not a good one this morning... something I just read urked me ...I need a break from this!

Good Luck JP and Najia! I pray you get approvals. :luv:

Anyway esalaam and a happy Eid to the rest of you... I think I am going to take a much needed break... I have to make preparations for the rest of week's sweets and cakes making for Eid (inchallah)...and stay as much time with my husband as I can.

Ramadan Kerim/Saha Ftourek!

What's urking you? I hope its nothing that the sweets can't take care of. I wanna come over and help, OKay?

Whatcha making?

Edited by dawnnhatem

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Wednesday everyone! JP & Najia, I'm so excited for you! Henia, I totally understand - I've been cutting back myself, and next week there will be 6 days I'll be so busy I won't have time to even check in and I'm kinda glad for that. Another day another dollar.....

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

still dark outside and i cant quite peel my eyes open...oh well...off to work...cant wait for najias and jps big day tomorrow!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well tonight we are having a big break fast feast at our house. I am only cooking one thing though. Crepes! Yummy! Anyway, Adil is supposed to be doing some cooking and some buying for tonight. We are going to the mosque afterwards. I know I am going to be so tired tomorrow. It's not even 9:30 and I feel like it should be 11 or 12 already! I hate yucky weather. Well My birthday is in 13 days! Dinner and a haunted house is what I asked for. Well I think I am going to go find something more productive. Hope everyone has a good day.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
I woke up singing the refrain of the 80' hair band "Europe" ... it's the final countdown, lalalaaala, lalalal lalaaa :D:jest:

Great, now that's in my head too! Too funny! You know, I had never heard that song until I went to Italy. They play it all the time there. I'd never heard it over here on the radio, so make sure you bring the CD with you! :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mornin. Don't feel so good today and it will be a miracle if I don't break my fast since I fell like I'm gonna keel over from dehydration. :(

Not much going on here. Hunting for a flat to stay in in Cairo that won't cost and arm and a leg and that won't have little critters as pets if ya know what I mean. lol. Other than that I'm gonna just try my best to get through this miserable day without passing out.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you think you're not feeling well because of the vaccinations you had? Just curious. I'm about to go get some myself and I'm a tad worried about it. Hope you feel better soon.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Do you think you're not feeling well because of the vaccinations you had? Just curious. I'm about to go get some myself and I'm a tad worried about it. Hope you feel better soon.

I never had any reactions to the vacs I got (except soreness @ the injection sites). I did Hep A&B and something else (?). When I travelled to Kenya, I also did the Malaria drugs. But everyone is different... I'm pretty hearty when it comes to this stuff! I know doodle has some other health issues which may affect how she feels the effects of these drugs....

In any case, I hope you feel better soon doodle!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Mornin. Don't feel so good today and it will be a miracle if I don't break my fast since I fell like I'm gonna keel over from dehydration. :(

Not much going on here. Hunting for a flat to stay in in Cairo that won't cost and arm and a leg and that won't have little critters as pets if ya know what I mean. lol. Other than that I'm gonna just try my best to get through this miserable day without passing out.

You are hunting for a flat? Not staying with the fam?

What's urking you? I hope its nothing that the sweets can't take care of. I wanna come over and help, OKay?

Whatcha making? Well just this whole Ramadan has urked me...great to be with the husband...but I am soooooooooo tired of all the invites and unexcepted and unwelcomed guests. I just to do my little housework, work on buying some gifts for people in the US, buying things for the home here ans spending time with my man (when he gets home)... Why can't people understand 'no, I am tired!' ?

Well I got *invited* to 2 different family members's homes to make :

• baklava 58607406.IMG_5615.jpg
  • makrout

makrout.jpg

• kalbellouz

58607408.IMG_5616.jpg

• khboz mbeses

p1010027_1.jpg

• Doigts d'Amandes

• dziriate

• cornes de gazelles

29past1.xl.jpg

The pictures above are NOT mine, I just googled them...so everyone knows what I am talking about...inchallah after my little baking adventure I will post MY pics...I have never embraced "pâtisserie orientale," which includes Middle Eastern as well as North African pastries.I mean like bassboussa, namoura and ma'moul I like...but only cos they are not too sweet. Though I am just in love with the savory side of the Tunisian, Algerian and Moroccan cuisines.

Timeline

Well I have some good news! Yesterday I got called about a full-time job I applied for and they wanted to offer me the position without having an interview!!!! They would like to start monday so alhamdulilah- we really needed this. We are moving into a 3 bdr. townhouse next month and this job will REALLY help pay off some bills. PLUS it has health insurance so my son and Youssef will be covered by me (my son is on state insurance now because his father is a deadbeat and feels no need to comply with the state). It feels so good to finally know that things are looking in the right direction. Unfortunately it also means he will have to go to daycare at least part of the time which sort of breaks my heart but I know he really likes it and it will help get him ready for preschool in a few months. (So hard to believe!).

I was just thinking I should start making cookies for Eid ---- recipes anyone? I know how to make the Gazelle's Horns and the cookies that are like Biscotti's BUT none of the other ones. So if you have some recipes throw them out to me ;)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had the cold from hell earlier this year - from March until June, constant coughing, the occasional sore throat and lots of nose blowing. The doctor did a chest xray, swabbed for strep throat, nothing.

Unfortunately, I think said cold is back, with a vengance. This time, it added a new feature - ear aches. I think it was triggered by the lady who sat by me on the bus 2 days ago, who smelling like she had just smoked an entire pack of cigarettes.

Urrrr...

Well I have some good news! Yesterday I got called about a full-time job I applied for and they wanted to offer me the position without having an interview!!!! They would like to start monday so alhamdulilah- we really needed this. We are moving into a 3 bdr. townhouse next month and this job will REALLY help pay off some bills. PLUS it has health insurance so my son and Youssef will be covered by me (my son is on state insurance now because his father is a deadbeat and feels no need to comply with the state). It feels so good to finally know that things are looking in the right direction. Unfortunately it also means he will have to go to daycare at least part of the time which sort of breaks my heart but I know he really likes it and it will help get him ready for preschool in a few months. (So hard to believe!).

Alhamdulilah! Is the job in the same place you're at now? Once you guys get financially on your feet and if you're not too tired from being pregnant, definately come to visit. We'll celebrate!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wouldn't go by me. I have an autoimmune disease which is on and off depending on things like how stressed out I am, how much sleep I've gotten, etc. and I'm sure the Hep A shot is what triggered it. Yesterday she gave me the shot and a script for Thyphoid fever pills and after the reaction I'm having to the shot I'm thinking I may not do the whole pills since it involves taking them every other day for four times. I think I'll take my chances since most here say they never even did anything.

I'm just doing easy stuff today like going through my stacks of papers on my desk and filing some and shredding others. I"m an auditor and the shredder is my best friend. :lol:

AmeraMouttaki - Great news!!! It's so nice to start off a new job knowing it will help financially!!!! When I took this job it was a cut in pay but I knew it would be less hours and it means free college tuition for my kids so I was so excited!! I wish you all the best of luck in it!

Henia my hat's off to ya sista. I love to cook but really hate to bake. All that precise measuring just does me in not to mention I hate trying to wipe flour off a counter top 'cause it just makes my sponge all gooey and there are soooo many bowls, pans to clean after it all. I remember my first time cooking for my ex husband I actually lied and got take out from this awesome Italian restaurant and pawned it off as my own. :lol: No dishes and he LOOOOVED it. Only thing was I had to confess it 'cause I couldn't keep it up once we were married. lol.

As far as not staying with the family, there is no family to stay with. His mom died years ago, his father just died a week or so ago and his younger sisters (in their twenties) have moved out and into an older friend's house and completely deserted him. So...it's just him now in his little appt that his family used to live in. It's really sad. :( He is thinking of moving in with a friend of his though, upon my suggestion since I don't think he should be alone anymore. He is waiting for after Ramadan though 'cause he knows everyone in his neighborhood and doesn't want to celebrate in a place where he knows no one. Anyhoo that's why we're searching for a flat for us so we can just be alone and be together for the 12 days or so that I'll be there.

Ugh. it's only 11:19 and my mouth is soooooooooooooooo dry and my bones ache. I know we're not supposed to complain but I don't care today. I"m complaining. lol.

Unfortunately, I think said cold is back, with a vengance. This time, it added a new feature - ear aches. I think it was triggered by the lady who sat by me on the bus 2 days ago, who smelling like she had just smoked an entire pack of cigarettes.

eeeew. i hate that smell!!! Well I hope you get better soon! Maybe you have an ear infection this time and can get some good drugs to get rid of it.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.