agreenw

Clarification of evidence for I-129F and for interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

This is my first post on VJ so please bear with me!

I've been reading through the site for a while now including the K-1 guide and have done my homework, but I'm still a little confused on the evidence needed for the interview. I will be sending the initial I-129F application packet later this week and want to make sure I fully understand everything before we begin.

Here is my understanding:

For the initial I-129F packet, I need to prove that my fiancé and I have met within the past two years (I have passport stamps, itineraries, boarding passes, photos and bank statements).

But for when my fiancé has his interview, he needs to prove that we have an ongoing relationship, and the evidence is more personal (call logs, Skype messages, etc.). I guess I am confused as to the specific dates needed for the evidence of an ongoing relationship. Does it need to be dated after the initial application was sent to prove that we are still in a relationship or does it need to be more general proof that we have been in a relationship (for the past three years)? For example, I made a scrapbook for my fiancé in 2009, and he has sent me postcards and letters throughout our whole relationship. We also lived together in Chile for a year and I have a copy of the lease and bills we paid but this was from 2010-2011. Would these things work? Or should he provide newer evidence starting from the time we submit the initial application?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

K1 Visa Timeline

07/07/2012: I-129F Sent
07/10/2012: I-129F Delivered
07/12/2012: I-129F NOA1
12/27/2012: I-129F NOA2
01/08/2013: NVC Left
01/11/2013: Consulate Received
01/23/2013: Packets 3 and 4 Received
03/04/2013: Interview Date
Interview Result: Approved!!!
3/11/2013: Visa Received
05/04/2013: US Entry
06/01/2013: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Send the same that you send for the i-129f .....but most important send evidence that prove that u have been in contact during the whole process... that will do. . They like too see how is the comunication in that period of time ...Good luck in your journey... I have mine interview the 12th

»-(¯'v'¯)-»Lisel & Javier »-(¯'v'¯)-»

K-1 TIMELINE

I - 129F SENT .................. 01/26/2012

I - 129F DELIVERED ...........01/30/2012
NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL ............02/04/2012 (01:45 AM)
NOA1 LETTER .....................02/06/2012
TOUCH ...............................02/10/2012
RFE TEXT/EMAIL ..................02/29/2012 (11:45 AM)
RFE LETTER ..........................03/02/2012
RFE SENT ..............................03/06/2012
RFE DELIVERED .....................03/07/2012
TOUCHED ( RFE) ....................03/08/2012 ( 10:33 AM)
NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL ..................03/27/2012 (04:15 PM)
NOA2 LETTER .........................03/30/2012
NVC RECIEVED ( CASE #) ...........04/05/2012
MEDICAL EXAM .........................04/24/2012
PICK UP MEDICAL EXAM..............05/24/2012
INTERVIEW DAY ..........................07/12/2012
VISA ON HAND ............................07/19/2012
REQUEST FOR CARTA BLANCA .......07/24/2012
CARTA BLANCA ON HAND .............08/17/2012
ARRIVAL ........................................08/28/2012
TOTAL ........................................... 7 MONTHS

AoS/EAD/AP/timeline:
I-485 SENT ....................11/16/2012
NOA-1 TEXT/EMAIL ..............11/23/2012 (9:55 AM)
NOA-1 LETTER ..................11/26/2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER .............12/01/2012
BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT ........12/24/2012
TOUCH (RFE) ...................12/06/2012
RFE LETTER ...................12/08/2012
TOUCH(RFE).....................12/28/2012
EAD/AP NOA-2 Email Aproval ....02/02/2013
EAD/AP ARRIVED ................02/15/2013

I-485 Interview ............01/21/2014

Approval Notice Text/Email..01/21/2014

Card Production..............01/22/2014

Card Sent ..................01/24/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've been reading through the site for a while now including the K-1 guide and have done my homework, but I'm still a little confused on the evidence needed for the interview. I will be sending the initial I-129F application packet later this week and want to make sure I fully understand everything before we begin.

For the initial I-129F packet, I need to prove that my fiancé and I have met within the past two years (I have passport stamps, itineraries, boarding passes, photos and bank statements).

But for when my fiancé has his interview, he needs to prove that we have an ongoing relationship, and the evidence is more personal (call logs, Skype messages, etc.). I guess I am confused as to the specific dates needed for the evidence of an ongoing relationship. Does it need to be dated after the initial application was sent to prove that we are still in a relationship or does it need to be more general proof that we have been in a relationship (for the past three years)? For example, I made a scrapbook for my fiancé in 2009, and he has sent me postcards and letters throughout our whole relationship. We also lived together in Chile for a year and I have a copy of the lease and bills we paid but this was from 2010-2011. Would these things work? Or should he provide newer evidence starting from the time we submit the initial application?

Yes, you just need show you physically meet for 129f application. I kept mine simple, but good evidence as they ask for.. I think you also have this covered. For ongoing relationship, it can be things before and after application is filed. Living together and lease is great proof for this. Additional trips as well, photos, call and skype logs, etc. You have some time to get all this together so no worries.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Evidence of your entire relationship, both before the meeting in person and after, up to today.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also note that you can, and many do, front-load the petition with 'some' evidence of the relationship. Although it isn't required. I decided to, sent the wedding ring receipt, evidence of our trips together while I visit Philippines, etc. Not sure if that had any effect, but by the time of our interview, all they asked to see were a few photos, and NOTHING else.

So you might consider adding some evidence right from the start.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Ok. Thank you everyone! You've been very helpful.

K1 Visa Timeline

07/07/2012: I-129F Sent
07/10/2012: I-129F Delivered
07/12/2012: I-129F NOA1
12/27/2012: I-129F NOA2
01/08/2013: NVC Left
01/11/2013: Consulate Received
01/23/2013: Packets 3 and 4 Received
03/04/2013: Interview Date
Interview Result: Approved!!!
3/11/2013: Visa Received
05/04/2013: US Entry
06/01/2013: Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.