Paul&Vha

waiting the Case Complete

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I mailed the AOS and IV packages to the NVC one week ago, and I tracked it with fedex and it arrived one week ago from today. I called the NVC to get a check up and they had no record of the packages and said it takes 20 business days to receive. Is this pretty standard? Did the lady know what she was talking about? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, I mailed the AOS and IV packages to the NVC one week ago, and I tracked it with fedex and it arrived one week ago from today. I called the NVC to get a check up and they had no record of the packages and said it takes 20 business days to receive. Is this pretty standard? Did the lady know what she was talking about? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks guys.

Yes, I had the same issue. They basically don't want to talk about a document unless they have had it for at least 20 business days (whether electronic or hard copy). At least with electronic we get a response back that they received it and when it gets loaded.

Yes, that seems to be their standard reply. 20 days for everything. But lately, it's taking them around a week to review documents from the day they received them. So, try calling again tonight!

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The answer they are required to give is 20 business days, or one months time. Typically for a cr1/ir1 your case will be at the NVC between 4-6 weeks, as long as you don't get any RFE's at this stage of the process. Then you will wait for the interview to be scheduled. Our case arrived at the NVC March 28, and our upcoming interview is July 16 if that gives you any idea of the timeline.

Edited by mimolicious

The operators at NVC will NOT know your package is in the building until an officer starts to review it. That's when it appears in the operators' computers. So, don't fret that your packages aren't there; they are, the operators just can't see it.

It's currently taking NVC around a week to review packages, so you should be hearing very, very soon of the outcome on your packages. Just keep calling them once a day for updates.

they accepted our IV package on June 18, they haven't reviewed it and said to wait 20 business days too :( (it's been 9 business days now).... man, i just can't wait to do my medical exam :( my husband said it's no use to call everyday.. so he will call again next week.

Our Visa Journey:

- 2003, met thru a music forum, NOT a dating site ;)
- Dec 9, 2010, met in person and engaged
- June 7, 2011, married
- Sept 28, 2011 1st Packet sent
- Sept 29, 2011, received NOA 1
- April 4, 2012, received NOA 2, move to NVC
- May 15, 2012, Case Number assigned!
- May 16, 2012, I 864 Bill paid
- May 19, 2012, Emailed DS 3032 to NVC
- May 24, 2012, Returned Completed DS 3032
- May 24, 2012, Received IV Bill
- May 24, 2012, Paid IV Bill
- May 31, 2012, AOS package SENT
- June 14, 2012, Package IV SENT
- June 26, 2012, CASE COMPLETED! 1 month, 1 week and 4 days since NVC received
- August 2, 2012, Interview, PASSED smile.png

- October 18, 2014: arrived in the US :)

--

Removal Conditional Resident:

July 23, 2014: Petition sent

August 1, 2014: I-797 Form (NOA) received

August 18, 2014: Biometrics done

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! So it sounds to me like the operator's default line is "wait 20 business days", which is what I was told before after I got my NOA2 from the USCIS. Sounds like they just say 20 days if they don't know the answer to the question :whistle:

they accepted our IV package on June 18, they haven't reviewed it and said to wait 20 business days too :( (it's been 9 business days now).... man, i just can't wait to do my medical exam :( my husband said it's no use to call everyday.. so he will call again next week.

sounds like we are in the same boat lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.