joonphon

Tips for the Interview?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No I didn't write anything on them. You'll be fine with what you have. That jerk at the embassy is long one.

I never really met much of her family. I met my wife through her sister's husband who was from England. Her parents and brother lived in Sia Saket. Her sister's husband died from drinking not long after I met her. Then her sister moved off to Chiang Mai to blow the inheritance. I travelled throughout asia every week for business, so when I got back to Bangkok, I didn't really feel like going anywhere.

We've travelled back to Thailand a couple times since my wife moved to the U.S., and I've stayed up in Si Saket with the family the last couple times. It was a pretty good time.

My Thai is ok, but her parents speak that Lao/Thai Isaan stuff and I can't understand hardly anything.

Thanks. I've got passport stamps for 9 visits in the last 3 years but I note what you said above. I've got heaps of phone logs and some text logs as that is how we usually communicate. We've got some e-mails but kind of stopped and just started calling each other. We've got cards back and forth too but I reckon they won't look at them.

After we got engaged at Ankgor Wat we went to Lopburi so I could do the Sin Sod. Since then we have always spent some time in her village and with the family, I really like it there. We escape to Hua Hin when we need a break! I was in Lopburi for three weeks in April which gave me time to practice my Thai and get to used to driving in Thailand (a little different than Calif.!) We should be interviewing in about a month so wish us luck! Korb khun krab!!

Edited by khwaidee1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, we have proof we lived together because both our names are on the lease where we lived. Also, we have pictures of us outside our place, as well as standing in each room...this was required when I got my Thai marriage visa. At any rate, I'll tell me wife to print out a whole mess of photographs of us together in prominent places (so they can see we traveled extensively together as well as lived together).

So help me...if my wife is denied a visa just as O-bla-bla is about to allow roughly 1.8 million illegals to stay in the States and work, then I will raise some serious hell. hahaha

My timeline was last updated on 29MAR2013.

Timeline

Well, we have proof we lived together because both our names are on the lease where we lived. Also, we have pictures of us outside our place, as well as standing in each room...this was required when I got my Thai marriage visa. At any rate, I'll tell me wife to print out a whole mess of photographs of us together in prominent places (so they can see we traveled extensively together as well as lived together).

So help me...if my wife is denied a visa just as O-bla-bla is about to allow roughly 1.8 million illegals to stay in the States and work, then I will raise some serious hell. hahaha

Fist I heard of that one. What Thai embassy did you go to? I'm assuming you were applying for Non-O? I went to the Thai embassy in Singapore on Orchard road. All they asked me to do was fill out a form and give them a copy of the Thai marriage certificate. I did that and they said come pick up your passport tomorrow afternoon. Picked it up and I had 1 year (15 month actually) Non-O Thai visa.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Fist I heard of that one. What Thai embassy did you go to? I'm assuming you were applying for Non-O? I went to the Thai embassy in Singapore on Orchard road. All they asked me to do was fill out a form and give them a copy of the Thai marriage certificate. I did that and they said come pick up your passport tomorrow afternoon. Picked it up and I had 1 year (15 month actually) Non-O Thai visa.

I didn't go to an embassy. I initially applied and received a 90 day tourist visa (through the Thai consulate in Alabama). Once in Thailand, I applied for the marriage visa (think it was a non-O, but can't say for sure because this was in July of last year and I've forgotten) at an immigration office. They wanted pictures (from the wedding and of our condo), our marriage certificate, and our lease agreement, as well as some forms we had to fill out. They then asked us a few questions about how we met, how long we've been together, and stuff along those lines and I was issued the visa. I then just had to report to the immigration office every 90 days afterwards to basically check in and confirm I hadn't moved. Compared to my wife getting a U.S. visa, it was a piece of cake.

My timeline was last updated on 29MAR2013.

Timeline

I didn't go to an embassy. I initially applied and received a 90 day tourist visa (through the Thai consulate in Alabama). Once in Thailand, I applied for the marriage visa (think it was a non-O, but can't say for sure because this was in July of last year and I've forgotten) at an immigration office. They wanted pictures (from the wedding and of our condo), our marriage certificate, and our lease agreement, as well as some forms we had to fill out. They then asked us a few questions about how we met, how long we've been together, and stuff along those lines and I was issued the visa. I then just had to report to the immigration office every 90 days afterwards to basically check in and confirm I hadn't moved. Compared to my wife getting a U.S. visa, it was a piece of cake.

Wow!. They've changed that alot since 2006. They wouldn't let me apply for the visa in Thailand. I had to go to a consulate. Also, I had to leave every 90 days. I never quite understood the 90 day thing.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.