GAFL

Red Flags at High Fraud Consulates

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good Afternoon,

Through reading VJ members have disclosed that Ghana is considered a High Fraud consulate;

1. What are some red flags consulars will be looking for the couples who filed K-1 visas?

2. Also, for those who have went through the Ghana Embassy and were denied could you state the reasons your visa's were denied?

3. Are there any recommended websites/forums/extra information pertaining to the Ghana Embassy that should be read/researched before filing?

4. Any/All advice is welcomed :)

*I know you're are to prepare your paperwork objectively, but I need to know exactly certain things to be able to do this preparation if possbile*

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. As I have more questions, I will post them. I look forward to your responses. Have a blessed day.

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

1. Big age differences (particularly if the woman is older and worse past childbearing age), different races, different cultural backgrounds, lots of previous attempts by the beneficiary to visit the US, few visits, marrying on the first visit, no pictures/evidence of having met each other's families, and the obvious, crimes and so on.

You're in the right forum for Ghana. Read a lot of the threads here about people denied. Frankly, I'm not with an African spouse, but after reading a lot here, I'd marry instead of going for the K-1 route.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you want to increase your chances then visit him at least three times before the interview. I am sick and tired seeing people here that met once or twice guys from Ghana and Nigeria and had their visas denied. Electronic relationship is not enough.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Thank you for yor posts. I look forward to the continual dialogue.

1. Why would you chose the CR-1 over the K-1?

2. Visit atleast 3 times, honestly just curious why would you suggest that? I only ask because I know you can't put a price tag on love/companionship, but plane tickets to Ghana range from 1200 to as high as 1800+. That is nearly a great portion of the price for the K-1 visa. I just want to hear why you would recommend?

Thank you!

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Many times couples who are denied for K-1 visas are then approved for a CR1, BUT really, if you don't fix the reasons why you were denied a K-1 you'll still be denied for a CR1.

You're dealing with a difficult consulate and the more visits the better. It's that simple.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for yor posts. I look forward to the continual dialogue.

1. Why would you chose the CR-1 over the K-1?

2. Visit atleast 3 times, honestly just curious why would you suggest that? I only ask because I know you can't put a price tag on love/companionship, but plane tickets to Ghana range from 1200 to as high as 1800+. That is nearly a great portion of the price for the K-1 visa. I just want to hear why you would recommend?

Thank you!

because Ghana is considered a 'high fraud' area. They believe that some Ghanians will marry a US Citizen for the sake of a green card. YES, phone calls, emails and all that stuff can show a continued relationship...but having "face to face" time can prove a more serious relationship. At least, that's how they look at it. Yes, plane tickets are expensive, but if you are at all able to..maybe you can go fewer times, but stay longer periods of time. People have gotten approved who have not stayed great amounts of time with their spouse/fiance, but if you have any 'red flags', then you should try to offset them with other things (like spending time there with him).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

1. What are some red flags consulars will be looking for the couples who filed K-1 visas?

Big age difference (with USC woman being older and not of child bearing age)

Difference in religion

Sometimes difference in race

Meeting online

Introduction by a family member of the beneficiary who live in the US

Only one meeting through the whole process

Previous marriage of beneficiary to USC, deportation

2. Also, for those who have went through the Ghana Embassy and were denied could you state the reasons your visa's were denied?

People are denied for reasons pertaining to proof of relationship. If you cannot prove your relationship to the satisfaction of the CO then you get denied.

3. Are there any recommended websites/forums/extra information pertaining to the Ghana Embassy that should be read/researched before filing?

VJ is your best bet in trying to decipher what COs are looking for. There is no other website (to my knowledge) that has this kind of information. Your best chance at a successful interview is to provide every piece of evidence for your relationship no matter how small it is.

4. Any/All advice is welcomed :)

Every case is different. Your case may look identical to someone else's case on paper but the CO may be looking for different things. Really look at your case and determine if there are any red flags the CO may question and be prepared to address them. Take all advice for what it is...advice.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Thank you so much for that advice. As of now, the redflags listed above we do not have in our relationship. However, I will make sure to provide enough objective information for the CO to observe that our relationship is authentic.

YAAA, it's FRIDAY tomorrow, Happy Friday!

Big age difference (with USC woman being older and not of child bearing age)

Difference in religion

Sometimes difference in race

Meeting online

Introduction by a family member of the beneficiary who live in the US

Only one meeting through the whole process

Previous marriage of beneficiary to USC, deportation

People are denied for reasons pertaining to proof of relationship. If you cannot prove your relationship to the satisfaction of the CO then you get denied.

VJ is your best bet in trying to decipher what COs are looking for. There is no other website (to my knowledge) that has this kind of information. Your best chance at a successful interview is to provide every piece of evidence for your relationship no matter how small it is.

Every case is different. Your case may look identical to someone else's case on paper but the CO may be looking for different things. Really look at your case and determine if there are any red flags the CO may question and be prepared to address them. Take all advice for what it is...advice.

-Arrival May 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.