actob99

Medical companionship

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have looked over all of the medical info and haven't really found a clear answer if someone can accompany the fiancee for the medical. I have seen where its not recommended, but no definite answer. My future mother-in-law(wow it just hit me im going to have another again) is going to manila with my fiancee and my fiancee wants her with for the medical. Is this possible?

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

I have looked over all of the medical info and haven't really found a clear answer if someone can accompany the fiancee for the medical. I have seen where its not recommended, but no definite answer. My future mother-in-law(wow it just hit me im going to have another again) is going to manila with my fiancee and my fiancee wants her with for the medical. Is this possible?

My mother-in-law accompanied my now wife, then fiancee, to her medical, interview, and CFO. She had to stay outside for all three.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your fiancee's mother won't be allowed to go in SLEC. Pretty crowded in there as it is, with all the applicants.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends how old she is, Some people went for medical they are allowed to accompany by their child if they need their child, some are not.. When i had my medical i met some old woman accompany by their child..

She can try to ask the guard.. Just try...

Good-luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends how old she is, Some people went for medical they are allowed to accompany by their child if they need their child, some are not.. When i had my medical i met some old woman accompany by their child..

She can try to ask the guard.. Just try...

Good-luck

A child being with his/her mother is a totally different issue, odds are the child was having the medical also for a visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

the mother-in-law to be is not going to be let inside. I tried to go with my wife to the medical and ended up waiting outside both days of the medical. the only way that anyone is allowed inside with the applicant is if they are too young or too old to be alone.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

A child being with his/her mother is a totally different issue, odds are the child was having the medical also for a visa.

You know what i dont understand the regulations in SLEC. When i had my interview i saw a foreigner man with his fiancee he went inside and accompany his fiancee all the way. and my fiance tried to go inside but he wont allow, so he just wait me outside and i asked him to go back to hotel, since it takes for a while..no0pb.gif

Timeline

During my time,my fiancee who went to Manila for my medical and interview,was allowed

to get in.

It was crowded but he was with me in every floor I was called.

Good luck to you.

That is why i am saying i don't understand the REGULATIONS of SLEC. why some can allow to accompany there, fiancee, mother, sister. and why some are not? even me i was surprised why my fiance can't go inside and some foreigner went inside. rolleyes.gifprotest6wz.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the great info, I already told her she is on her own for the medical and she isn't liking that. I told her she will be fine, just put on your big girl pants, hahaha. But of course if it were possible better to have them together as mom probably scared sitting in the hotel and abs scared at the medical by herself..

Darren who? I'm glad to see his is taking care of business at home, sounds like he has a huuuugggeee plate.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Thanks for the great info, I already told her she is on her own for the medical and she isn't liking that. I told her she will be fine, just put on your big girl pants, hahaha. But of course if it were possible better to have them together as mom probably scared sitting in the hotel and abs scared at the medical by herself..

Darren who? I'm glad to see his is taking care of business at home, sounds like he has a huuuugggeee plate.

Funny to think how your fiancee whining when she is going alone, i remember myself the same thing before.. But she will be fine. its too easy and she meet alot of people there in medical.

you don't know DARREN? i called him A celebrity here in visajourney hahahaha.. maybe i am too harsh but it is true.. you can check and read sometimes if he will post and you will find out why i called him a celebrity here..hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.