TiklingGuy

Insanity

31 posts in this topic

It works, but there is a lot of jumping. Prepare to have sore feet the first couple of weeks. and yeah, don't feel bad if you don't finish it. :thumbs:

I have watched most of the videos now and you are right, tons of jumping and squatting. I don't know how anyone would be able to walk afterwards. As far as finishing, i am not going to be cocky here and say that i will. I am definitely intimadated. I will give it Hell though!

i likes the p90X.

P90X rocks! I love the basics like pushups, pullups and dips. PlyoX is good!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone completed the Insanity workout series? I am fixing to start my first 60 days (round 1). Any thoughts from anyone who has tried it? Looks tough!

Wow, i am planning to do that too. but then im scare to get some muscle LOL.. all i want is to have an ABS... Yes is a tough.. im still interesting about it. hope we are neighbor so we can do it together LOL..

Good-luck though and let me know the progress...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DUDE!! Insanity is SICK!!! Well worth the money!! You may can find it cheaper on ebay.

4/4/11 ---- Met on filipino.com

10/17/11-10/21/11 ---- visited Jinkie in Philippines

10/23/11 ---- proposed to Jinkie

12/7/11 ---- mailed I-129F

12/12/11----Received at VSC

12/14/11 ---- NOA1 (email/txt) I-129F received

12/16/11 ---- NOA1 (mail) I-129F received

12/23/11 ---- Touched

3/12-21/12 ---- Visited Jinkie in Philippines

4/13/12 --- 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

4/20/12 ---- NOA2

4/23/12 ---- Received NOA2 email/text

5/16/12 ---- NVC letter with case number saying within a week petition will be forwarded to Embassy

6/15/12 --- Scheduled Interview appt

6/18/12 --- Received instruction letter from PI embassy

6/19/12 --- Medical Exam

7/2/12 --- INTERVIEW!

7/25/12 --- Needed Police Clearance from Bahrain. Arrived and sent to Embassy 7/25

---- CALLED REPEATEDLY!!! ----

8/23/12 --- Visa Issued

8/29/12 --- Visa Received

8/30/12 --- CFO Seminar Completed

8/31/12 --- Arrived at POE - Detroit WOOHOO!! IN MY ARMS AGAIN!!!

11/1/12 --- Married!!!!

Adjustment of Status

11/15/12--- filed AOS

11/20/12--- NOA1

Brian - Shreveport, Louisiana

Jinkie - Quezon City, Philippines

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

I've seen the infomercials too. It looks doable. Good luck and do send us your updates.

I decided to do Tapout XT. I'll start it in July so I can look good for my wedding. haha. It's a 90 day program. I like mma and i figure i'd be motivated to do all the punches and kicking if it's something that keeps me interested.

I saw an infomercial about the Tapout XT! I want to look into it more but it was after i bought insanity. They way i workout at home i am sure i will eventually try the tapout workout! Thanks for the Well wishes! :thumbs:

Wow, i am planning to do that too. but then im scare to get some muscle LOL.. all i want is to have an ABS... Yes is a tough.. im still interesting about it. hope we are neighbor so we can do it together LOL..

Good-luck though and let me know the progress...

Yes same to you! I am sure through the workout your ABS will start popping out! I have a significant amount of body fat to loose before that happens! When i leave for the philippines in October i am hoping to see them!

DUDE!! Insanity is SICK!!! Well worth the money!! You may can find it cheaper on ebay.

I think it is going to be as well! I am looking forward to starting it! of course i am sure i will throw up 60 times! :lol:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have watched most of the videos now and you are right, tons of jumping and squatting. I don't know how anyone would be able to walk afterwards. As far as finishing, i am not going to be cocky here and say that i will. I am definitely intimadated. I will give it Hell though!

P90X rocks! I love the basics like pushups, pullups and dips. PlyoX is good!

Devil Dog, you will finish it, you will like it, you will enjoy the pain and you will not drop any sweat on my deck! I know you remember such crazy commands.

Good luck with the OHP process.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Devil Dog, you will finish it, you will like it, you will enjoy the pain and you will not drop any sweat on my deck! I know you remember such crazy commands.

Good luck with the OHP process.

Delayed Cadence, Count Cadence, Marine Corps Cadence Count!! I spent alot of time on the Quarter Deck so i will be used to it! :lol: Test is in September, keep you posted! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Anyone completed the Insanity workout series? I am fixing to start my first 60 days (round 1). Any thoughts from anyone who has tried it? Looks tough!

First of all ignore those people who are being ignorant lol :bonk::rofl: secondly my friend did that. Every time she has done it she updated her FB. But lately I guess she stop I haven't seen her posted about her insanity work out, maybe gave up lol

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

I've done Insanity workouts off and on for the last year. They are intense in terms of the amount of cardio required. If you are not used to endurance workouts, they will at first will very difficult.

Some advice on attempting insanity.

1. Follow the exact program or not, follow the calendar or not, but if you don't follow up with proper nutrition, results will be minimal if anything at all.

2. Don't be afraid to hit the pause button and catch your breath. These workouts were meant to fit into the time they were editted into. you don't have to keep up, esspecially if its you're first go around. Esspecially in the Pure Cardio workout and the Plyometrics work out. you are given like 30 seconds usually to get your heart rate down. That's not nearly enough time for me.

3. Do an extra Cardio Abs workout every now and then in conjuntion with the other workouts once you get comfortale with the routine.

4. Add some actually running/biking/swimming into your workout routines once you start seeing results.

5. Don't injure yourself. If you feel genuine pain in any of your tendons in your feet/ankles, or genuine pain in your knees STOP. Muscle soreness from a good workout is a good thing, but genuine pain from having over worked a tendon is bad.

6. Everything I just said is related to my own expreince with Instanity workouts. your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Hope you're getting great results! I have a friend who had tremendous success with the program. I've done Turbo Fire and would have liked to try Insanity but Shaun T just annoys the h*** out of me! Haha

Edited by finallyfree

Wow... I need to do something. I am at 235 and want to AT LEAST get down to 190. I have problems with hypoglycemia though, so it is difficult for me. I get very dizzy and ill when the blood glucose drops after meals too much. I mean, I used to be able to just not eat much and exercise and the weight would drop off.

:ot2:

It looks crazy....I haven't known anyone who personally did it, I know a few that did or do PX90....seems similar....with outstanding results....I've been on a 5 day a week regiment and calorie deficit since December going from 225 to 190....from 270 three years ago....so I can appreciate the effort....

Good Luck...keep us posted.

Wow... I need to do something. I am at 235 and want to AT LEAST get down to 190. I have problems with hypoglycemia though, so it is difficult for me. I get very dizzy and ill when the blood glucose drops after meals too much. I mean, I used to be able to just not eat much and exercise and the weight would drop off.

I am hypoglycemic, as well. Have you tried eating little meals every 2-3 hours? It helped me a lot.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

form what I understand u have to complete p90x first before u go to Insanity, Insanity is quite more intense. I did try a couple of work out on p90x, and those exercise will burn you out!!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So how's it going? You still going strong? I have done the first Shawn T's workouts and like them. Thinking of trying Insanity, but only if you are still kicking $&@. Lol

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.