VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

Here is my timeline:

NOA1 12 June 2012 (the day my father passed away) I don't know when the papers got send by petitioner. I was too busy.

NOA2 29 March 2013 (290 days)

19 April 2013 received case # and invoice # by calling

19 April 2013 I emailed DS3032

2 May 2013 re-send DS3032 for supervisor review

25 April 2013 Invoiced 864 and I paid

26 April 2013 Send express 864W

9 May 2013 Approved 864W (13 regular days)

3 May 2013 Invoiced DS230 and I paid

4 May 2013 Send express DS230

(still waiting for approval)

7 May 2013 Medical I-693 (walk in)

Interview still waitng

I never really waited for anything. Usually I received their emailing after I already did the paperwork.

Edited by Sonjat

Timeline

Thats why I said hopefully.

With a June 12th interview date, and the fact that I am British and have never been to anywhere dodgy, I have a reasonable expectation that my visa will be granted on the day of the interview.

With that expectation, I am hopeful that 21st August will be do able.

Yeah, it takes about 5 days to receive the passport back by DHL. (over here)

Sounds like you have to finish lose ends in the UK.

But another 2 month before leaving sounds very long to me.

I be gone very quickly.

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Thats why I said hopefully.

With a June 12th interview date, and the fact that I am British and have never been to anywhere dodgy, I have a reasonable expectation that my visa will be granted on the day of the interview.

With that expectation, I am hopeful that 21st August will be do able.

It get so long for visa from the date of interview? its almost two more

Timeline

I'm not even going to mention it.

According to my cover sheet (my listing of what is included) they know this is the justice clearance.

All documents will be returned to the consulate over here. And the consulate is fine with German and English papers.

Don't drive me insane...rofl.gifrofl.gif haha...I pray some more.

I do call NVC every night to see if my DS230 ended in the computer. Today its 7 working days.

Keep on praying.

Timeline

Keep on praying.

I know this sounds silly. But as long I pray and worry enough than I show I care enough. Just weird.

Maybe we get a quick interview date.

Just keep praying.

hahah... Just because some people have to wait such a long time, doesn't mean everybody has.

Timeline

I know this sounds silly. But as long I pray and worry enough than I show I care enough. Just weird.

Maybe we get a quick interview date.

Just keep praying.

hahah... Just because some people have to wait such a long time, doesn't mean everybody has.

:) yes its depend on local embasy

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hmmm...I didn't get translation for my justice clearance. Don't you get me all worried now.cray5ol.gif

I hope that because the documents will return to my consualte over here...they are aware of the German Justice clearance.

If your police reports was written in German / English than you don't need translation. In some countries they are written in both, example; India...Hong Kong etc.

I would look at the police report again if it written only in German than you may get translate ASAP than call NVC told them you totally forgot and if you could send them in now with the cover letter? or wait and see if they RFE for other documents.

Yeah, it takes about 5 days to receive the passport back by DHL. (over here)

Sounds like you have to finish lose ends in the UK.

But another 2 month before leaving sounds very long to me.

I be gone very quickly.

I have to serve a 6 week notice period with my employer, and I don't want to have to book a plane ticket at short notice because it costs so much more.

I may well have the visa in my passport by the end of June, but regardless I will be flying out 21st August.

Timeline

If your police reports was written in German / English than you don't need translation. In some countries they are written in both, example; India...Hong Kong etc.

I would look at the police report again if it written only in German than you may get translate ASAP than call NVC told them you totally forgot and if you could send them in now with the cover letter? or wait and see if they RFE for other documents.

This is sucks. I'm eating my chocolate. Can't think. Looked at the paper. Its only in German.

Didn't they say that NVC only assembles the documents for the consulate.

The US consulate right here accepts Documents in German or English. Any other language needs translation.

You think this makes a difference for NVC??

Timeline

I have to serve a 6 week notice period with my employer, and I don't want to have to book a plane ticket at short notice because it costs so much more.

I may well have the visa in my passport by the end of June, but regardless I will be flying out 21st August.

Its a good thing to have a date to focus on.

I might catch a flight as a standby, hahaha....

But there is a thought...

Timeline

Been reading on the NVC site.

Translation requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC.

This is sucks. Sounds like direct consulate filing doesn't need translation. But because I did NVC they do.

Maybe if I pray enough they overlook this and send the package to the consulate.

What are my chances now???

Timeline

You all drive me insane.rofl.gifrofl.gif

I have myself crazy.

I called and I tell you I don't even trust the operator.

NVC operator said that the document doesn't need translation since the interview is in my country. (German or English accepted)

But if I had another language than I needed translation.

rofl.gif It makes sense. But I feel awful .

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Well....IMO and 2 cents I would just get it translated and attach the photocopy version + translation + reprint of cover letter of DS-230 and send it in. If they decided RFE your documents, it already in the building by that time or you could wait for them to send you a checklist (RFE) and send it in.

Either way you got nothing to lose at this point by sending it in........I take it back...you will lose some $$$ to send it. laughing.gif

Edited by Readerchoice

Timeline

Well....IMO and 2 cents I would just get it translated and attach the photocopy version + translation + reprint of cover letter of DS-230 and send it in. If they decided RFE your documents, it already in the building by that time or you could wait for them to send you a checklist (RFE) and send it in.

Either way you got nothing to lose at this point by sending it in........I take it back...you will lose some $$$ to send it. laughing.gif

It sounds difficult to find someone who does translation.

Its funny. This is just one paper and in the middle it says "NO Entree".

I think its another holiday this Monday. Germans sure have lots of it.

I forgot to ask them about my DS230 when I called. So focused on this question.

I keep calling through this weekend. But you sound right. I need to be proactive.

But it makes sense too that because the interview is in my country, no translation required.

Hope you had a nice trip to Maine.

Timeline

Called NVC, no DS230 in computer. No checklist either as of yet.

Its been 7 working days since they got my papers.

Been reading conflicting stuff. For some it worked without translation.

This will become an awful long weekend for me.rofl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.