caelo

Missed my Interview Appointment

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview's scheduled on June 22, 2012 (Friday) and I was all set to go, except for one thing... I am waiting for the affidavit of support to arrive in the mail. My fiance mailed it on June 8, 2012 through USPS and he was told that it would reach me in 6 to 10 days. It didn't. I waited till the afternoon of June 20 and the following morning I tried cancelling my appointment and was informed that it was no longer possible to do so... too close to the interview date already. So my choices were: to show up and risk being denied on "public charge" grounds, or just not show up... I chose the latter. But will my choice have "dire" consequences? I'll just have to try rescheduling again. Unfortunately, I can't even reschedule too soon because I'm too scared to set another appointment till those documents are on-hand. :crying:

Will I still be able to use my payment for the new appointment I have yet to schedule? Will my "no-show" affect my chances of being granted a visa? My fiance emailed the USEm to explain the situation... but will they even get to read that on time before they apply the dire consequences (if any) to our case? :help:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

... hmm, should have went to your appointment, they would have given you a 221g at the end for you to submit the missing document but once that was there and reviewed they would have issued you the visa (if all else was approved).

Now you need to call the embassy and get rescheduled. Never trust the Postal system for important documents, yes I know its "closing the barn door after the horse is out" advice.

Contact Info for USEM:

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

local number: USEM 3012000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm

For general inquiries: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I would suspect at this point you will have to pay the visa fee again, and schedule another interview.

But yes, you should have gone. They would have done everything else, and made you submit the AOS when you had it.

But bummer, and yes, as Hank said, never trust the USPS to send mail to Philippines. That letter might take two months to get there.

I would have him immediately resend it via FedEx, and being the process of scheduling another interview.

So there won't be 'dire' consequences to your not showing up, but you still should have shown up :)

Timeline

... hmm, should have went to your appointment, they would have given you a 221g at the end for you to submit the missing document but once that was there and reviewed they would have issued you the visa (if all else was approved).

Now you need to call the embassy and get rescheduled. Never trust the Postal system for important documents, yes I know its "closing the barn door after the horse is out" advice.

Contact Info for USEM:

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

local number: USEM 3012000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm

For general inquiries: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant's last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview's scheduled on June 22, 2012 (Friday) and I was all set to go, except for one thing... I am waiting for the affidavit of support to arrive in the mail. My fiance mailed it on June 8, 2012 through USPS and he was told that it would reach me in 6 to 10 days. It didn't. I waited till the afternoon of June 20 and the following morning I tried cancelling my appointment and was informed that it was no longer possible to do so... too close to the interview date already. So my choices were: to show up and risk being denied on "public charge" grounds, or just not show up... I chose the latter. But will my choice have "dire" consequences? I'll just have to try rescheduling again. Unfortunately, I can't even reschedule too soon because I'm too scared to set another appointment till those documents are on-hand. :crying:

Will I still be able to use my payment for the new appointment I have yet to schedule? Will my "no-show" affect my chances of being granted a visa? My fiance emailed the USEm to explain the situation... but will they even get to read that on time before they apply the dire consequences (if any) to our case? :help:

yes you should go to your appointment, or you should post early so some member can advice you.. same as my friend we have the same interview but forgot to bring her affidavit of support but still she approved, and asked her to follow the papers that she forgot to bring.

Timeline

My prayers were answered. This is just to let everyone here know how things turned out: Yes, I missed my interview schedule on June 22 because the affidavit of support that my fiance mailed via USPS didn't arrive on time. When I tried to cancel on June 21, I was told that it was too late and then I finally decided not to show up rather than risk being denied the visa on grounds that I will be a "public charge."

My fiance's mailed package finally arrived on June 26... so that part of my problem was solved. :)

Since I have scheduled my interview online (via www.ustraveldocs.com), I explored the options found in my profile and found an option there: "Provide Feedback." So I used that to send them a letter with the topic "No Show Procedure." They responded immediately to my email/feedback and sent me an acknowledgement that they have received my email on June 26. They also said that they will respond accordingly to it in 1 to 2 days.

Then on June 27, I received another email from them saying that my concern is already resolved and I can now get another interview schedule. :wow::dance:

I do not know if the phone assistance personnel helped in the resolution of my problem, because I've been calling them since June 22, Friday (I was told to call again on Monday, June 25) and then again on June 25 (I was told that my case wasn't updated yet and I should just follow it up again another time). That is why I decided to explore the options available to me in my ustraveldocs profile... and well, you know what happened afterwards.

Lessons learned: (1) Appointments can no longer be cancelled if there is less than 2 business days to the appointment. (2) Appointments may be cancelled twice but after that, you can no longer use your old payment/receipt and have to pay the visa fee again. (3) There is a waiting time before you can reschedule again, if you cancel your appointment a second time (thank God it was only my first). (4) Yes! The feedback system at ustraveldocs really works! :thumbs: ...And last but not the least, (5) God is good, all the time... so PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! (I did!) :innocent::yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My prayers were answered. This is just to let everyone here know how things turned out: Yes, I missed my interview schedule on June 22 because the affidavit of support that my fiance mailed via USPS didn't arrive on time. When I tried to cancel on June 21, I was told that it was too late and then I finally decided not to show up rather than risk being denied the visa on grounds that I will be a "public charge."

My fiance's mailed package finally arrived on June 26... so that part of my problem was solved. :)

Since I have scheduled my interview online (via www.ustraveldocs.com), I explored the options found in my profile and found an option there: "Provide Feedback." So I used that to send them a letter with the topic "No Show Procedure." They responded immediately to my email/feedback and sent me an acknowledgement that they have received my email on June 26. They also said that they will respond accordingly to it in 1 to 2 days.

Then on June 27, I received another email from them saying that my concern is already resolved and I can now get another interview schedule. :wow::dance:

I do not know if the phone assistance personnel helped in the resolution of my problem, because I've been calling them since June 22, Friday (I was told to call again on Monday, June 25) and then again on June 25 (I was told that my case wasn't updated yet and I should just follow it up again another time). That is why I decided to explore the options available to me in my ustraveldocs profile... and well, you know what happened afterwards.

Lessons learned: (1) Appointments can no longer be cancelled if there is less than 2 business days to the appointment. (2) Appointments may be cancelled twice but after that, you can no longer use your old payment/receipt and have to pay the visa fee again. (3) There is a waiting time before you can reschedule again, if you cancel your appointment a second time (thank God it was only my first). (4) Yes! The feedback system at ustraveldocs really works! :thumbs: ...And last but not the least, (5) God is good, all the time... so PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! (I did!) :innocent::yes:

Thanks for sharing with us the update and lessons learned. :thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

My prayers were answered.

I read your post. You must have someone watching from above. :innocent:

Situations like this do not fare very well...especially in the Philippines. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

Congratulations and good luck with your interview! :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Timeline

I read your post. You must have someone watching from above. :innocent:

Situations like this do not fare very well...especially in the Philippines. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

Congratulations and good luck with your interview! :thumbs:

The same One who watches us all. "Ask and you shall receive." He cares about us.

Thank you! God bless everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.