msheesha

DAILY THREAD

335 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

UQ is 20 miles northwest of what, Malka? hmmmmm...i dont know exactly. I know when i was in Malka at his aunts in February we took a drive to UQ and if i remember correctly it was about a 15 or 20 minute drive. To tell you the truth unless I am the one driving I rarely pay attention as I am too busy looking around at everything. And all the street signs are in Arabic and I have no clue how to read them. Even when we go from village to village in Irbid a lot of times I don;t know we are in a different one because I can't read a thing, and I just don't go to Irbid often enough to really know my way around other then when I am in the neighborhood of his relatives.

Like I said when he was going to leave Irbid the street was closed down and people were throwing bottles at cars and there were tires burning so they turned back, and when he asked someone outside what was going on they told him it had something to do with land that was sold to Israel. Who knows if the person who he spoke to even knew the real reason...I have no idea. I guess we will find out tomorrow. I'm off to bed. Night night

Oh no no, NW of Irbid. OK, so I called Ammar to ask him if he knew about this since he's researching UQ/Gadara and has been going there every day since May. He said oh yes, he knows what this is LOL. he said yeah, that parcel is by Malka (LOL before I even mentioned Malka!), and that he had interviewed the municipality people, the land bureau people, and the land brokers... Most of Gadara is foreign owned by foreign investors, including a lot of Israeli companies which invest int eh heritage tourism of the area. Some of these companies receive government subsidies for businesses. So what the brokers told him is they will tell people the Israeli government is buying the land, but it's the investment companies who are turning their government subsidy check over to the Jordanians. The IG isn't buying squat. Ammar is hopeful that they will develop the area as a wilderness side show to the Biblical aspect of their tours. He thinks it's pretty overblown considering the level it has already reached and that it's not secret nor is it new at all.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Thanks for the info on citizenship ladies!

WOM: my brother came over and did fireworks like the ones you described...OMG, I was so afraid the cops would come, but they were awesome and the whole neighborhood watched he he he

mimilicious: oooohhhh you bring back memories when we were in the visa phase...now it's "boring" married life phase ha ha aha jk!!!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Oh no no, NW of Irbid. OK, so I called Ammar to ask him if he knew about this since he's researching UQ/Gadara and has been going there every day since May. He said oh yes, he knows what this is LOL. he said yeah, that parcel is by Malka (LOL before I even mentioned Malka!), and that he had interviewed the municipality people, the land bureau people, and the land brokers... Most of Gadara is foreign owned by foreign investors, including a lot of Israeli companies which invest int eh heritage tourism of the area. Some of these companies receive government subsidies for businesses. So what the brokers told him is they will tell people the Israeli government is buying the land, but it's the investment companies who are turning their government subsidy check over to the Jordanians. The IG isn't buying squat. Ammar is hopeful that they will develop the area as a wilderness side show to the Biblical aspect of their tours. He thinks it's pretty overblown considering the level it has already reached and that it's not secret nor is it new at all.

yeah i mentinod that the whole thing seemed overblown to me. He just wanted to get home safely...lol

Timeline

Thanks for the info on citizenship ladies!

WOM: my brother came over and did fireworks like the ones you described...OMG, I was so afraid the cops would come, but they were awesome and the whole neighborhood watched he he he

mimilicious: oooohhhh you bring back memories when we were in the visa phase...now it's "boring" married life phase ha ha aha jk!!!

haha...how boring can it be with triplets? WOW you have your hands full...congratulations!!!!!!!!

Timeline

yeah i mentinod that the whole thing seemed overblown to me. He just wanted to get home safely...lol

Haha pretty soon it will be Ramadan and everyone will be even MORE cranky lol!

Timeline

OMG it's so hot I'm melting. I don;t think I'm going to survive 3 weeks in Jordan this time of year. whistling.gif

it is going to suck. You can get used to it though-- but I had the easiest time getting used to it while working in the field, so I had to go through the whole outdoors experience every day for weeks/months. Just plopping into it is hard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning on a Saturday morning...My husband im'd me earlier this morning he was going to the shore down south from the house and Fishing. He and his co workers spend the rest of the day on the rocky shore into the night. They make a fires within the rocks and set up Tajine to cook and sit around,talking. Dont ever see any photos of the fish :blink: so I guess it should be called going socializing. :lol: What a nice way to spend a summer day.

IMG_0270.jpg

event.png

event.png

Timeline

anyone know how to block another user here?

gorgeous

Good Morning on a Saturday morning...My husband im'd me earlier this morning he was going to the shore down south from the house and Fishing. He and his co workers spend the rest of the day on the rocky shore into the night. They make a fires within the rocks and set up Tajine to cook and sit around,talking. Dont ever see any photos of the fish :blink: so I guess it should be called going socializing. :lol: What a nice way to spend a summer day.

IMG_0270.jpg

Timeline

you can put someone on ignore, but it's not like fb where you can block. You'll still see their stuff in quoted replies, etc. They can still see you all the time. If someone is giving you problems, I would report it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.