soon2batexan

What to send for ROC evidence

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So as we continue to compile our collection of stuff to submit with our Removal of Conditions filing later this year, I thought I'd run the current list by those of you who have been through the process to see if anyone can suggest anything to add. We don't have to submit until December so we've got a few more months if there's any other documentation we need to get together beforehand. Here's what we have so far:

Copies of our lease agreements for our apartment showing both our names

Copy of my GC

Copy of both our driver's licenses showing our address (same)

Copy of the past 2 yr's tax transcripts

Vacation photos (lots) taken over the past 18 months

Copies of utility bills from various times over the past 18 months (we'll have 2 yrs worth by the time we file). Some are in his name, some in mine

Copies of cards we've given to one another

Cards from other people addressed to us and post marked

Affidavits/letters from friends and co-workers affiriming our marital relationship - will have these signed and dated closer to the submission date

Copies of bank statements showing both of our names on the account and transactions (payroll, etc) for both

Copies of mailings - catalogs, store flyers, etc. Just a few.

Copies of our auto/renter's insurance showing both our names on policy

Copies of our cell phone bills - one per quarter, maybe? We can print one for each month if need be

Copies of Blue Cross bills for both of us from throughout the last 18 months

Copies of our health insurance cards

Copy of our my 401k statement showing hubby as beneficiary.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I know for sure we've got that much. Is there anything else we should include?

Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is plenty of evidence!

You don't even really need to send the cards you sent eachother or cards people have sent you, those are secondary really and you have a lot of strong evidence and don't really need them.

For bank statements, we just included maybe 4-5 copies from throughout the two years, so they could see that we had the account together the whole time.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

A few statements for bank account, phone, and other utilities should be plenty. For bank statements we didn't send any particular interval (quarterly, monthly, or otherwise) instead we picked the ones that show things of note such as tax refund, tax payment, rental security deposit, larger purchases... Showing joint responsibility in financial decisions. Still spanning the marriage of course. Catalogs and greeting cards aren't really necessary, IMO..

If you decide to send greeting cards just make sure they aren't the singing ones. I think VSC was closed down one day because of a suspicious package that turned out to contain a musical greeting card!

Otherwise, that's a solid list you've got :)

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's more than enough! Personally I would eliminate the random mailings and the cards to each other, those don't add much. Also affidavits are optional and don't seem necessary with all the evidence you have, but they can't hurt. Whatever you are comfortable with!

I would also recommend sorting the package with the most important or strongest evidence first, and work your way down. If you start out with really strong, compelling evidence they may not even look at the rest. Just my opinion of course, but when you have hundreds of packages on your desk, wouldn't you do that?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

As has been said the cards are not really good evidence. If they were mailed, the envelopes they came in would be better evidence as it shows your names with your address..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Pictures also aren't great evidence, what they're looking for is financial co-mingling and living at the same address. I'd skip the mailings too. Your financial evidence and leases, bills etc are good, solid evidence.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pictures also aren't great evidence, what they're looking for is financial co-mingling and living at the same address. I'd skip the mailings too. Your financial evidence and leases, bills etc are good, solid evidence.

THis is good news. I am sending my package out Aug 1st and I only have a few pictures of us all together.Most our pictures have Him with the Children or Me with the children LOL

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

THis is good news. I am sending my package out Aug 1st and I only have a few pictures of us all together.Most our pictures have Him with the Children or Me with the children LOL

I personally hate having pictures taken so there aren't very many of me period! Pictures are so easily photoshopped these days I believe they have said they are secondary evidence.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.