Sveta & Ron

how much wedding

16 posts in this topic

as i have said before once sveta gets her ap/greencard i promised her and her family within few months after ap/greencard we will return ukraine and have a big sling-ding of a wedding party since she has more friends and family and i not want take this from her of family so i am tring get ideas what a nice party would cost in ukraine for i think about 50 people something they will not forget but stay within reason lol

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Weddings are very different than in the US. Basically you'll just have it a restaurant/banquet place and if you have enough food and booze, everyone will be happy. They are not the bridezilla affairs that you have in the US. You'll have to speak to the restaurant to know how much.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

It is all depends on the restaurant and on the menu you choose. We are planning to do the same thing around September time frame. I did checked couple restaurants but they are all different. We will have about 30 people on our wedding and I think few thousand dollars will do that (excluding our travel).

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

as i have said before once sveta gets her ap/greencard i promised her and her family within few months after ap/greencard we will return ukraine and have a big sling-ding of a wedding party since she has more friends and family and i not want take this from her of family so i am tring get ideas what a nice party would cost in ukraine for i think about 50 people something they will not forget but stay within reason lol

Hard to read this without the use of capital letters and punctuation marks.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

As said before, costs vary depending upon the venue and what you intend to provide. You can probably find a pretty reasonable musical group for $200 but some restaurants want their own musicians. A lot will depend on what her family wants. Many families prefer to prepare their own food, in which case it can be very reasonable. Often the sticking point is the alcohol. A nice champagne for the toast is good, wines should be the most widely favored and finally comes the real booze, vodka. Again, defer to her family but put a limit on the amount of vodka available. I've been told that wedding receptions last as long as the food and drink are still available.

By now you should know if her family is of the type that like to show off, most are not. That will be what truly determines the cost.

Hard to read this without the use of capital letters and punctuation marks.

Kind of reads to me like a RUB spouse posting on "your forum" in order to bring about a "See, I told you it wouldn't be that expensive. Even za people on your stupid visa journey said so."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We rented a house and her mom and the mom's friends prepared the food, and we brought some booze in through Germany (trucker friend we know). Hired a band and photographer and had a couple of cakes made for it at the bakery, etc... but like others have pointed out it's cheaper to go the resteraunt/banquet room route. Just make sure you have some decent music for it and not that ####### over there they call music. Seriously RUB music sucks.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Just make sure you have some decent music for it and not that ####### over there they call music. Seriously RUB music sucks.

It's just '80s music in a foreign language.

... and if all the musicians wanted to kill themselves.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It's just '80s music in a foreign language.

... and if all the musicians wanted to kill themselves.

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

we have a pre-wedding party for about 10 ppl (just very close ones) in my wife's city. she choose a restaurant with a band and dance area. we had a private room and food and booze that was almost endless and only cost something like $300. But it's not Kiev and it was 2 years ago.

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just make sure you have some decent music for it and not that ####### over there they call music. Seriously RUB music sucks.

You just picked wrong band and wrong repertoire I think. If you would tell that, just like an example, bands like "Крематорий", "Алиса", "Мельница" or "Пикник" are #######, I would tell that you know nothing about rock, seriously, just listen their hits on Youtube. Of course, rock isn't most popular music to play on weddings, but if somebody tells that all RUB music sucks I have two variants: he had to listen only crapy RUB music (of course we have it, like US has enough crapy music too), or he doesn't understand what is a good music. I'm sure you just didn't hear good bands (if you want a good famous band to visit your party in Moscow, you have to pay them at least $10.000-15.000 for a small concert like an hour or two, or it's better to play just audio CDs with records of good bands). I visited few weddings living in Russia and yes, there was really bad music, people got what they paid for. If you want a good music in RUB for you wedding, just pick some CDs by yourself or be ready to pay minimum, I'd tell, $10.000 to a really good band, otherwise of course music on your wedding in RUB will suck. [Victor from Russia]

Edited by Amy_and_Victor

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

I like the chocolate rabbit.

Русский форум член.

You just picked wrong band and wrong repertoire I think. If you would tell that, just like an example, bands like "Крематорий", "Алиса", "Мельница" or "Пикник" are #######, I would tell that you know nothing about rock, seriously, just listen their hits on Youtube. Of course, rock isn't most popular music to play on weddings, but if somebody tells that all RUB music sucks I have two variants: he had to listen only crapy RUB music (of course we have it, like US has enough crapy music too), or he doesn't understand what is a good music. I'm sure you just didn't hear good bands (if you want a good famous band to visit your party in Moscow, you have to pay them at least $10.000-15.000 for a small concert like an hour or two, or it's better to play just audio CDs with records of good bands). I visited few weddings living in Russia and yes, there was really bad music, people got what they paid for. If you want a good music in RUB for you wedding, just pick some CDs by yourself or be ready to pay minimum, I'd tell, $10.000 to a really good band, otherwise of course music on your wedding in RUB will suck. [Victor from Russia]

I'm just to a big fan of Russian rock, or any European rock for that matter other than UK/Ireland and I like Australian rockabilly.

This is the Belarusian band that played at our wedding. We met them on a previous trip to Belarus and they were good imo. The play older stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Beattles, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, etc... and their lead guitarist can flat out pick. He does Stevie Ray and Jeff Beck to a T. They had just finished a gig in Moscow when they played our wedding reception.

wed7fixed.jpg

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.