Loris

K1 visa requiring waiver

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am so confused. My fiancé has a 20 year band from entering the us. His k1 interview is next month , we have a lawyer but I need to hear from someone else. My lawyer will have a waiver ready for the interview. He says that we pay and process the waiver the same day at the interview if they request it. Is this possible? We have 2 little baby's together so I won't be attending the interview with him. Can a waiver be approved the same day of the interview?? Will me not being there affect his case? Overall what do u think? Any advise or info would be appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They may accept it on the day of the interview but I've never heard of it being adjudicated the same day

what is the ban for?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am so confused. My fiancé has a 20 year band from entering the us. His k1 interview is next month , we have a lawyer but I need to hear from someone else. My lawyer will have a waiver ready for the interview. He says that we pay and process the waiver the same day at the interview if they request it. Is this possible? We have 2 little baby's together so I won't be attending the interview with him. Can a waiver be approved the same day of the interview?? Will me not being there affect his case? Overall what do u think? Any advise or info would be appreciated

He will be denied and told if he is eligible to file a waiver or not, then you will have to make a waiver appointment. They do not deny the visa, then approve the waiver all in one day.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/waivers.html

Here are a couple sites that have information for waivers through CDJ:

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?6-I-601-Mexico

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=25803

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

He got caught trying to enter the us for the 2 nd time January 2010. That's when they gave him the band. So if his interview appt is January 26th at 7:30 am he is most likely going to be denied? I still didn't understand much? If they approve him for a waiver what will happen then? My lawyer says that he will be sent that same day. Anyways please let me know most likely what they will do with our case. Also is me not being there going to hurt our chances? My baby is 1 1/2 months old and my oldest is almost 2 there is no way in taking them to Juarez. I need my fiancé here already there is no way we can wait passed July. I'm having such a hard time since he's been in Mexico already 9 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He got caught trying to enter the us for the 2 nd time January 2010. That's when they gave him the band. So if his interview appt is January 26th at 7:30 am he is most likely going to be denied? I still didn't understand much? If they approve him for a waiver what will happen then? My lawyer says that he will be sent that same day. Anyways please let me know most likely what they will do with our case. Also is me not being there going to hurt our chances? My baby is 1 1/2 months old and my oldest is almost 2 there is no way in taking them to Juarez. I need my fiancé here already there is no way we can wait passed July. I'm having such a hard time since he's been in Mexico already 9 months.

You'd better study up on the waiver process. If he's only banned from entering then you'll need an I-601 waiver application. If he was deported or subjected to expedited removal then he may also need an I-212 waiver application. The I-601 waiver is to overcome an inadmissibility, like a ban from entering. The I-212 waiver is for permission to enter the US after having been deported or removed.

These waivers are granted to certain relatives of US citizens based on hardship to the US citizen relative. This means that YOU have to prepare the waiver applications and evidence which he will submit to the consulate. This is a lot more than simply signing a piece of paper asking for a waiver, and he isn't going to do this on his own.

Professional help is strongly advised.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, if he has a ban in place, then he will be denied the visa. Read through the forums of those links I posted to learn about how needing and submitting a waiver works. Those forums specifically deal with waivers in Juarez and can give you a lot of information.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was he illegally in the country, left, tried to re-enter and was caught? Where is he now?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.