rustyrra

need help, min poverty,and moved

12 posts in this topic

I have 2 things to throw at ya, first and formost money do i have to prove that i make 125 percent above poverty. Ill tell ya the situation im in basically we went to germany for 3 months so i quite my job and when we came back the jobs were not hiring. So it took me 6 months to find a job and I just got a new job and i dont know if i have to make 7k more then what will say on my w2. This is huge so help asap please the second thing is we had to move to find a job and we moved across country to i need to fill anything out for the uscis to cover our butt and also so when we file to remove the conditions they have our file thank you in advance

If your current job meets the 125% you will be fine. You just need to get a employment letter stating your gross wages for the year, there are sample letter on VJ where you can print and take to your Hr personal who can copy the format for you. Good Luck!

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

I have 2 things to throw at ya, first and formost money do i have to prove that i make 125 percent above poverty. Ill tell ya the situation im in basically we went to germany for 3 months so i quite my job and when we came back the jobs were not hiring. So it took me 6 months to find a job and I just got a new job and i dont know if i have to make 7k more then what will say on my w2. This is huge so help asap please the second thing is we had to move to find a job and we moved across country to i need to fill anything out for the uscis to cover our butt and also so when we file to remove the conditions they have our file thank you in advance

As stated above, you need to prove the current job meets the 125% above the poverty level for your household size-if you and your wife that's 2, any children you or she are responsible for adds to that number. You need to inform the USCIS anytime the non-USC moves within 10 days of that move by completing the on-line AR-11 form. After AOS the sponsoring USC must also inform USCIS of any move until the sponsored person is no longer subject to the terms of the AOS--so if you happen to not make the 125% and need a co-sponsor, that co-sponsor must inform USCIS anytime they move. That is why some people do not want to be a co-sponsor, plus the fiancail liability that is looming out there.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Hi thanks for the info, I have a huge problem now....i got the change of adress done piece of cake....but my job pays a base of 15700 with out my commisions.which is where my money is going to come from as i am now a recruiter....but i looked through the guide on here and the instructions on the uscis website on how to remove the conditions and it says nothing about filing the affidavid of support so should i really worry about it since it does not say to send the affidavid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from AOS to ROC ***

For removing of conditions, no affidavit of support is needed. Because your timeline isn't up-to-date and you posted in the Adjustment of status forum, replies answered as if you were adjusting status.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi thanks for the info, I have a huge problem now....i got the change of adress done piece of cake....but my job pays a base of 15700 with out my commisions.which is where my money is going to come from as i am now a recruiter....but i looked through the guide on here and the instructions on the uscis website on how to remove the conditions and it says nothing about filing the affidavid of support so should i really worry about it since it does not say to send the affidavid.

Okay, you are filing for ROC not AOS so no affidavit of support is needed. However, you do need to file the I-865 for the change of address if you are the one who sponsored your wife using the I-864. You need to do that before ROC so you have record that you complied with the requirements of the I-864.

Good luck,

Dave

hey thank you for your help, with the whole moving thing, Technically i am still at my old house all my mail still goes there and i still have a drivers licence from there but i did start a job in a diferent state and im confused aobut the whole moving thing because before we were not sure if we were moving here for this job or not so i havent changed anything and were just crashin at a friends house now any advice here would be great.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I do not quite follow? If you are asking about ROC, you do not have to prove income requirements. You should have already satisfy that requirement when you file for AOS.

Archie

I did prove that for my AOS but for ROc i wanst sure and now i just need to know about the moving issue

Once you officially move you have 10 days to inform the USCIS about your move by filing form I-865 for the affidavit of support for the USC. For the non-USC you also must file the AR-11 which can be done on-line. Keep the receipt notices that you did in fact file the change of address for BOTH so you can show USCIS you are playing by the rules. When you file for ROC, you will no doubt use your current address for the address on the form--this should match the address they have on file.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If your current job meets the 125% you will be fine. You just need to get a employment letter stating your gross wages for the year, there are sample letter on VJ where you can print and take to your Hr personal who can copy the format for you. Good Luck!

what is 125% of the peverty level that acceptable to USCIS for the sponsor.

Have a Great Day,

Regards

Mary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.