a1v

Can a Embassy Denie K1 Visa?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

if a Embassy Denies to give visa and reject a person, Under which Curcamstances they do it?

If So then what us other way Can the couple apply for a new Ptetion?

i m So Confused met lawyer today he Said age Difference is not Good For our Case and i should not apply for visa(we Got Approved on 17 FEB,2006), he Said if they Denie i will never be Able to Visit USA or Apply for it.

he Said Find Some other Way(Visa) like e2, or Study Visa..

i m not ok help meeeeeeeeeee :crying:

Then He said he Can Fill Forms here and makes this Case Stronger and Will Charge 2,000 US$ (Already Spent Much money)

Edited by a1atif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

He suggested that you come to the US on a different type of visa than your intentions are? That does not sound like a good lawyer. If you are concerned about the age hurting your fiance visa application, you have the option of getting married first and then applying for a spouse visa instead. There are people who get fiance visas despite age differences however.

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Age differences don't hold much weight, as long as you can prove that your relationship is genuine and you are both of at least legal age.

If you get denied, there are options. Sometimes appeals can be filed, depending on why the denial happened. If you are denied you can always marry in the beneficiaries' country and then file for a K-3 spousal visa.

If you are going to use a lawyer, though, you really need to find a new one. Sounds like this one is just trying to part you from $2,000.

Timeline
Are you saying you have a I-129F approved but it has not yet gone to the consulate?

yes Dear

Thanx for yopur All Support more Advices r Needed if a awyer can , How can We Make it Strong?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

well, if he is 90 and you 15 maybe they can deny but i dont think this will deny or approve yout visa as long as you can prove your relationship is real and you really want to live with him and he prove the same...

You'll get it.

You'll see;

God bless you and everybody here

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Timeline

Are you saying you have a I-129F approved but it has not yet gone to the consulate?

yes Dear

Thanx for yopur All Support more Advices r Needed if a awyer can , How can We Make it Strong?

If your I-129F has already been approved you've met the first hurdle! Unless you have a particularly difficult case with prior marriages, messy divorces, or criminal convictions it's not hard to make a strong case for yourself by following the guides on here, filling everything out fully and completely, remembering to sign everything, and having all of your evidence ready and prepared (and organized!) for the interview. ASK QUESTIONS if you have doubts, and you'll be fine without a lawyer bleeding you for cash-this process is expensive enough as it is!

Filed: Other Timeline

yes Dear

If your I-129F has already been approved you've met the first hurdle! Unless you have a particularly difficult case with prior marriages, messy divorces, or criminal convictions it's not hard to make a strong case for yourself by following the guides on here, filling everything out fully and completely, remembering to sign everything, and having all of your evidence ready and prepared (and organized!) for the interview. ASK QUESTIONS if you have doubts, and you'll be fine without a lawyer bleeding you for cash-this process is expensive enough as it is!

Gwenie, true, they have met the first hurdle. But the OP is in Pakistan, and that's a much stricter consulate than most.

What I am wondering is why you went to a lawyer now, rather than before you began the process?

BTW Gwen - have you posted wedding pics?

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline
well, if he is 90 and you 15 maybe they can deny but i dont think this will deny or approve yout visa as long as you can prove your relationship is real and you really want to live with him and he prove the same...

You'll get it.

You'll see;

God bless you and everybody here

InshaAllah, thax Dear , Thanx Every Body , Pray For us

Timeline
Gwenie, true, they have met the first hurdle. But the OP is in Pakistan, and that's a much stricter consulate than most.

What I am wondering is why you went to a lawyer now, rather than before you began the process?

Fair enough! I don't know much about the process from certain countries which may cause problems-but it seems to me that in all the cases I've read about denials, it's some nasty consulate officer denying them on the basis of some nit-picky thing-not really something a lawyer could predict or help with.

Yep, I've got wedding piccies posted on my website! http://homepage.mac.com/gwen_rogers/PhotoAlbum3.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We need more details. What IS the age difference. I am 40 and my wife is 20 and we had no problems whatsoever. I asked my attorney at the beginning if this was a problem and he said no. Also, that they had worked a case where an 84 year-old was able to get a K-1 for a 17 year-old. I can only see age being a factor if one of you is underage. I suspect you are leaving out some details.

LS

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Timeline

yes Dear

Actually Lawyer is on Visit to Pakistan i got letter, so we got approved and we decided that i will go to see him here, His Coleagues talked to my Fiancee before applyin and they satisfied her now he is i think just doing or saying it for more Money, as we r needy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Get second opinion.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Also, that they had worked a case where an 84 year-old was able to get a K-1 for a 17 year-old.

LS

Good lord...

sure the Lord has to be gOOD to plan marriage with 17 yr old with his tool wrkng:lol: :lol::lol:

Edited by pri

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.