draygri

I-130 Assistance Please

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello again!

I will be sending out the I-130 package sometime next week (finally!) and thought I'd hop back into VJ and look for some minor assistance.

(Note: I am the U.S. Citizen and my wife is Cambodian.)

1. Concerning my Birth Certificate / Passport (I am the U.S. citizen):

Is it best to send a copy of one or the other? Or both?

If sending a copy of the Passport, should every-single-page be copied; including the blank pages?

And which ever (or both) is sent, is it best to send copy-machine copies (B&W) or scanned and printed color copies from my personal printer?

2. Concerning payment:

Is it best to send a personal check or a U.S. Postal Service issued money order?

3. The package contents:

I would like to list my I-130 package contents and hopefully have someone (anyone! everyone!) let me know how it is. I simply want someone to verify that it's all good.

- Payment (be it personal check or Money Order...with VJ's assistance!)

- Cover letter explaining the I-130 request + list of contents

- Additional letter explaining my wife & my history together and future plans

- I-130 form with signature in pen

- COPY of my U.S. Citizenship information (be it Birth Certificate or Passport...with VJ's assistance!)

- COPY of marriage certificate translation into English

- COPY of marriage certificate in original Khmer/Cambodian

- G-325A form filled out by myself with signature & name printed in pen

- BLANK PAGE with passport-sized/style photograph of myself sealed in plastic bag attached

- G-325A form filled out by my wife with signature, name in English & name in Khmer (foreign alphabet) in pen

- BLANK PAGE with passport-sized/style photograph of my wife sealed in plastic bag attached

- BONAFIDE MARRIAGE INFORMATION as follows:

> Three separate Affidavits of individuals who attended our marriage. The Affidavits state their name, birth city and date, address, citizenship, declaration of their knowledge of my wife and I, declaration of their attending our wedding, declaration that an attached photograph is of said individual WITH my wife and myself during our wedding, declaration of knowing our relationship is ongoing, date and signature. With all the necessary and important declarations written in pen in both the native Khmer/Cambodian language as well as English.

> Three separate photographs, each one showing the said individual with my wife and myself during our wedding, printed as a 4"x6" centered upon 8.5"x11" photo paper.

> Copy of a letter sent to inform the Governor of the capitol city (Phnom Penh City) of the marriage request. Signed, sealed/stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legal and Consular Department's Deputy Director. English translation.

> Copy of the above letter in native Khmer/Cambodian language.

> Copy of a letter sent to inform the Deputy Prime Minister / Minister of Interior of the marriage request. Signed, sealed/stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legal and Consular Department's Deputy Director. English translation.

> Copy of "Declaration of Marriage Certificate". English translation.

> Copy of the above document in native Khmer/Cambodian language.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing various stages of our wedding & all containing myself, my wife and others together.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing various stages of our wedding again.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing myself, my wife, her family & different friends at various points of my last visit.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing the same as above with even more/different people.

> Photo page with 2 photographs centered - one showing my wife and a stack of phone cards I left with her on my last visit & one of myself and even more phone cards. Page also has captions beneath each explaining the photo and number of cards.

> Printed page showing Skype communications.

(Note: I use phone cards for communication daily.)

Thank you all so very much!

I wish I could express how relieving it is to have VisaJourney and its great community around!

Edited by draygri

June 16, 2011: Met online (Skype) for the first time.
July 27, 2011: Officially a couple/engaged.
March 19, 2012: Met in-person for the first time.
March 23, 2012: Wedding!

-------------------------------------------------------
USICS
June 25, 2012 - I-130 Sent via USPS
June 27, 2012 - Lockbox arrival
July 02, 2012 - NOA 1 text/email
July 05, 2012 - NOA 1 hard copy in mail
February 19, 2013 - NOA 2

NVC Stage
February 27, 2013 - NVC receives petition
March 15, 2013 - NVC case number assigned
March 27, 2013 - AOS fee paid online
March 29, 2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
April 1, 2013 - AOS pack mailed
April 4, 2013 - DS-3032 accepted
April 5, 2013 - IV invoiced & paid online
April 9, 2013 - IV fee shows PAID - IV pack mailed
April 22, 2013 - NVC case complete

October 28, 2013 - Interview date - "Administrative Processing"

November 7, 2013 - Return to U.S. Embassy of Phnom Penh - "Administrative Processing"

November 19, 2013 - Return to U.S. Embassy of Phnom Penh

November 22, 2013 - Visa Issued

November 26, 2013 - Arrival in the United States of America

December 31, 2014 - Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) issued

July 18, 2015 - First child due!

July 27, 2015 - Baby girl is born!

November 17, 2015 - Biometrics complete

...more to come...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again!

I will be sending out the I-130 package sometime next week (finally!) and thought I'd hop back into VJ and look for some minor assistance.

(Note: I am the U.S. Citizen and my wife is Cambodian.)

1. Concerning my Birth Certificate / Passport (I am the U.S. citizen):

Is it best to send a copy of one or the other? Or both? You can send either your passport or your birth certificate or both.

If sending a copy of the Passport, should every-single-page be copied; including the blank pages? Just the biographic page (the page with your picture, signature, and info on it)

And which ever (or both) is sent, is it best to send copy-machine copies (B&W) or scanned and printed color copies from my personal printer? Either is fine. Color is better I'm sure as long as it is clear.

2. Concerning payment:

Is it best to send a personal check or a U.S. Postal Service issued money order? I hear a personal check is better than money order because you can check online to see when USDHS cashes it.

3. The package contents:

I would like to list my I-130 package contents and hopefully have someone (anyone! everyone!) let me know how it is. I simply want someone to verify that it's all good.

- Payment (be it personal check or Money Order...with VJ's assistance!)

- Cover letter explaining the I-130 request + list of contents

- Additional letter explaining my wife & my history together and future plans

- I-130 form with signature in pen

- COPY of my U.S. Citizenship information (be it Birth Certificate or Passport...with VJ's assistance!)

- COPY of marriage certificate translation into English

- COPY of marriage certificate in original Khmer/Cambodian

- G-325A form filled out by myself with signature & name printed in pen

- BLANK PAGE with passport-sized/style photograph of myself sealed in plastic bag attached

- G-325A form filled out by my wife with signature, name in English & name in Khmer (foreign alphabet) in pen

- BLANK PAGE with passport-sized/style photograph of my wife sealed in plastic bag attached

- BONAFIDE MARRIAGE INFORMATION as follows:

> Three separate Affidavits of individuals who attended our marriage. The Affidavits state their name, birth city and date, address, citizenship, declaration of their knowledge of my wife and I, declaration of their attending our wedding, declaration that an attached photograph is of said individual WITH my wife and myself during our wedding, declaration of knowing our relationship is ongoing, date and signature. With all the necessary and important declarations written in pen in both the native Khmer/Cambodian language as well as English.

> Three separate photographs, each one showing the said individual with my wife and myself during our wedding, printed as a 4"x6" centered upon 8.5"x11" photo paper.

> Copy of a letter sent to inform the Governor of the capitol city (Phnom Penh City) of the marriage request. Signed, sealed/stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legal and Consular Department's Deputy Director. English translation.

> Copy of a letter sent to inform the Deputy Prime Minister / Minister of Interior of the marriage request. Signed, sealed/stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legal and Consular Department's Deputy Director. English translation.

> Copy of "Declaration of Marriage Certificate". English translation.

> Copy of the above document in native Khmer/Cambodian language.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing various stages of our wedding & all containing myself, my wife and others together.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing various stages of our wedding again.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing myself, my wife, her family & different friends at various points of my last visit.

> Photo page which includes 4 photographs (upon the one page) showing the same as above with even more/different people.

Lots of evidence. I like it. Don't forget the G-1145 E-Notification and put it just after the cover letter and before the I-130.

Thank you all so very much!

I wish I could express how relieving it is to have VisaJourney and its great community around!

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Ask and shall receive.

1. Both. B&W is ok. Yes,copy every pages including blank pages of your passport. It is better to have more than get RFE.

2. Personal check. You will know when they really have the case in the house( they debit your check).

3. You are over prepared :lol:

Those documents that are needed to obtain the marriage certificate are not needed. It won't hurt if you include.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.