Lalo & Susana

K-1 Visa Photos

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I've been reading a lot on VJ and have almost everything ready to send out but I was told by a few people that I do not have enough photos. When I read the VJ guide lines they specifically say to send 2 - 5 photos. I am sending 6. I've gone to Chile to see my fiance for one month in July and three months Dec - March. I have 2 photos from July at very well known tourist places from Chile. And I have 2 from Dec - March also my fiance and I in very well known tourist places. Then I have one of my fiance, his sister, her daughter and myself outside of his families home in Chile. And finally one of my parents (went from NY to Chile to meet my fiance and visit their family (my parents were born and raised in Chile)), my cousin from Holland, my fiance and I on a boat tour through Chile. Do I need to add more? I just don't want to add a million pictures since I know when they are reviewing my packet for approval they maybe spend 10 - 15 minutes reviewing it. So my question is should I add more pictures or am I fine since I have a lot more evidence. (Passport stamp, itineraries and so on)

Edited by Lalo & Susana

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've been reading a lot on VJ and have almost everything ready to send out but I was told by a few people that I do not have enough photos. When I read the VJ guide lines they specifically say to send 2 - 5 photos. I am sending 6. I've gone to Chile to see my fiance for one month in July and three months Dec - March. I have 2 photos from July at very well known tourist places from Chile. And I have 2 from Dec - March also my fiance and I in very well known tourist places. Then I have one of my fiance, his sister, her daughter and myself outside of his families home in Chile. And finally one of my parents (went from NY to Chile to meet my fiance and visit their family (my parents were born and raised in Chile)), my cousin from Holland, my fiance and I on a boat tour through Chile. Do I need to add more? I just don't want to add a million pictures since I know when they are reviewing my packet for approval they maybe spend 10 - 15 minutes reviewing it. So my question is should I add more pictures or am I fine since I have a lot more evidence. (Passport stamp, itineraries and so on)

I think you have the right idea about this. Picture yourself as the reviewing officer. They dont have time or need to see a hundred pictures. The quality of the pics is more important than the quantity. your situation is pretty unique in that your parents went there ect. All of that will carry the day when it is time. The foundation of your relationship is whats really important. Yours is very good & well done.

Suerte Y Feliezidades

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think you have the right idea about this. Picture yourself as the reviewing officer. They dont have time or need to see a hundred pictures. The quality of the pics is more important than the quantity. your situation is pretty unique in that your parents went there ect. All of that will carry the day when it is time. The foundation of your relationship is whats really important. Yours is very good & well done.

Suerte Y Feliezidades

Yes, at this point you only need to show you have physically meet face to face within past 2 years. At interview you will demonstrate relationship.

I sent five and I got approved. Five is enough right now, they only want to know if you meet the requirements of meeting your fiance in the last two years. Good Luck! :)

Also include the a photocopy of passport stamp and copy of itineraries.

Edited by JnB

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Oh I have copies of my passport stamps, itineraries and a bunch of other stuff. I am also submitting my parents and sister's passports stamps. I don't have their itineraries but I am assuming the passport stamps are more important since they prove my parents and sister actually entered and exited Chile. i am looking for their itineraries but I am not sure if I will be able to find them. We will see. Thank you guys for the help!

Edited by Lalo & Susana

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.