RickJovi

Manila Ninoy Airport open 24 hrs or not

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Quick question. Does anyone know if the Manila Ninoy Airport is open overnight after last flight. My fiancee's connecting flight is Sunday at 6:30am and she wants to stay at the gate overnight once she checks in her bags. She is flying out on Delta, so can she actually check her bags in a day early and get her boarding pass. Just curious.

Quick question. Does anyone know if the Manila Ninoy Airport is open overnight after last flight. My fiancee's connecting flight is Sunday at 6:30am and she wants to stay at the gate overnight once she checks in her bags. She is flying out on Delta, so can she actually check her bags in a day early and get her boarding pass. Just curious.

Yes it's open 24/7.

Annie and our daughter actually flew in to Manila on Cebu Pacific from Cebu. Arrived at 12:30 a.m. (i think it was). They stayed in terminal 3 (cause it's much nicer) till about 03:30, then went over to terminal 1. They also had the early Delta flight.

I've actually done this several times when I visited her. Usually there is not anyone at the Delta counter until about 04:00 a.m. even though they ask you to be there 3 hours early.

Not to scare you, but we had a real problem. Annie went to the counter about 03:45 and they had a handwritten sign saying the flight had been cancelled. Well, not to bore you, but after she called me and I stayed on the phone with Delta (I had purchased the tix) for about an hour, they got them on a JAL flight to Narita where they caught a Delta flight to the US. Her POE changed from Detroit to Minneapolis but in the long run they got to Atlanta 3 hours earlier than planned.

Good luck with her trip!

Sorry Rick, I did not answer your last question. I don't believe they will let her check her bags and/or get a boarding pass for a flight that departs the next day. To be truthful I would not want my bags laying around the Manila airport for that long :whistle:

Everyone answered your question prefectly. I know this is exciting time and want to wish everyone good luck in their travels. I have flown that leg many times as well and honestly it is the worst flight in terms of timing if your fiancee lives on antother island. I am looking at BT-Travel Store for my flight for my fiancee's interview. The flight is on American and they take you through China with arrival time in Manila 6:30am which is better than the 11:30pm one. Then I can go to Cebu Pacific and fly right down to Bohol with little layover. My departure going back to USA is 8pm at night from Manila.. So much better than the 6:30am IMO.

Good luck again

Timeline

Yes it's open 24/7.

Annie and our daughter actually flew in to Manila on Cebu Pacific from Cebu. Arrived at 12:30 a.m. (i think it was). They stayed in terminal 3 (cause it's much nicer) till about 03:30, then went over to terminal 1. They also had the early Delta flight.

I've actually done this several times when I visited her. Usually there is not anyone at the Delta counter until about 04:00 a.m. even though they ask you to be there 3 hours early.

Not to scare you, but we had a real problem. Annie went to the counter about 03:45 and they had a handwritten sign saying the flight had been cancelled. Well, not to bore you, but after she called me and I stayed on the phone with Delta (I had purchased the tix) for about an hour, they got them on a JAL flight to Narita where they caught a Delta flight to the US. Her POE changed from Detroit to Minneapolis but in the long run they got to Atlanta 3 hours earlier than planned.

Good luck with her trip!

Thanks. They better not cancel the Delta flight. I booked her a hotel room close to the airport so she can rest and secure her luggage and head to Terminal 1 at around 3:30am. We will see about Delta. What reason did they give for cancelling the flight? Her flight looks fully booked when picher her seat selection. Only about 15-20 seats empty.

Thanks. They better not cancel the Delta flight. I booked her a hotel room close to the airport so she can rest and secure her luggage and head to Terminal 1 at around 3:30am. We will see about Delta. What reason did they give for cancelling the flight? Her flight looks fully booked when picher her seat selection. Only about 15-20 seats empty.

Which hotel is it? If it's one in Resorts World (e.g. Marriott, Remington), they have hourly shuttle service to the airports. Just make sure she gets on one on the dot. Saves cab fare.

Good luck! :)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline

No worries, Its open.. Have her pay $500 peso's and stay in the lounge upstairs.. Drinks, food and internet. There are 2 different lounges. There is another one that is a little more expensive but free booze... I think the cheaper one is called SA Laquinta lounge or something like that. I can get back to you with the exact names if you like when I fly out in a week.. They have a rest area and very safe, good CR's!!!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

If Delta cancels the flight due to mechanical reason or anything other than weather they get everyone a hotel!!!! Unless its a few hours... They will arange transportation, meal vouchers and everything..... If it gets cancelled due to Typhoon, everyone is stuck and they do get food and water to everyone,,,

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Timeline

I take that Delta flight all the time. I am never at the airport before 6AM.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Timeline

I take that Delta flight all the time. I am never at the airport before 6AM.

The OP has mentioned that she is on the 630am Nagoya flight, you get to the airport at 600am for that one? I am sure you are referring to the 8am Narita flight.

NO RFE'S

Timeline

Its the beginning of typhoon season, lots of reasons for delayed flight arriving without notice. Like right now.

You right Hank...Be aware of that fact!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

:lol:

Look who came up for air!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hey you two, hope all is well!! Very happy for you both.

Hey whats up Hank? got your email just now.Hopefully I get to meet you in Southern Cali? if not we will meet soon. Grace arrives July 7th at LAX! "Cant Wait":thumbs: :thumbs: Yes not on much but i will be here from time to time, Nothing will change!:thumbs::lol:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.