23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

People need more details in order to answer. What were the circumstances of the deportation? What were the conditions of the deportation? What visa is being applied for? What other information is necessary for people to learn if they're to try to provide a meaningful answer?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did+you+get+jail+time%3F+Did+you+stay+in+probation+for+long%3F+How+many+years+you+got+in+your+sentence%3F+Which+kind+of+moral+turpitude+was+commited%3Fwe+need+to+know+to+find+out+if+it+was+a+petty+ofense+or+not.+DID+they+deport+you+because+of+the+moral+turpitude+case+or+another+reason%3F+Without+these+informations+our+opinion+is+baseless.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

He did 23 mths I think time, 3 yrs supervised release, cooperated, (charged with sending money twice thru western Union=under 2gs)sent for somone who obviously was under investigation, after his pre-sentence Ivestigation he was offered witness protection, or a etter from the AG requesting no deportation,the prosecuting DA spoke on his behalf at the hearing, he's a hard working person who got caught up, no treat to society in the US and life is not safe bla bla if be sent back home; afer all this he got a nice coporate job. 3 promotions and was active now in church; he was charged 1997, in 1997 when all immgration hell broke lose in Dallas ICE kicked in his door guns drawn 2 days after his suervised released ended and detain him without a hear-ing , 3 wks later he was out, these memories remains with him, he has no family where he is but he has peace of mind except now some of theppl on case he never met is being released and his family fear for him ,he would have been satified any where he is except for the fear factor, he keeps his head low, made no new friends,he does self-emloyed work & home, very recluive its even hard to get him out when we go on visits. H,USCis kids USCs petitioned for him with an atty, they did 212 & 601 he is waiting on NVC to send date to Kingston I must asy he has no faith in the system or a 2nd chance,only the grandkids he has never met puts a smile on his face re: the US, he has no hate he feels banished and rejected. His d230 864 went to nvc 2 wks ago he was never arrested befor after this case, I say its complicated ( I dont tell him or

thr kids, his atty say maybe) I dont know f he got tricked but I rebout I 854 but that should have been done yrs ago by the AG not a damn letter. Charge Money lndering

Timeline

As far i understood he served 23months and was in probation for 3 years right?. It seems he was sentenced 5 years and released after serving 23 months.Well with this sentence, 05 years, the waiver won't overcome the inelegibility.

Filed: Timeline

Parents of USCs are not, repeat, NOT entitled to a waiver. Your 'friend' likely has a 20 year ban just for the deportation, and the CIMT is good forever.

As for getting a tourist visa, well, the VOs would have to be about 500% certain that he would (a) depart the US after a visit....hard to imagine, given the circumstances and (b) that he would not repeat the same or similar crime again...and it is far from certain that a VO will approve a visa for somebody who spend considerable time in jail and was deported. :blush:

Timeline

Immediate+relatives+of++U.S+Citizen(spouses,children+and+parents)+are+entitled+to+file+waiver+to+overcome+admissibility.+In+this+particular+case+the+Uscis+probably+won't+approve+considering++his+2+year+sentence.+Parents+of+green+card+holders+cannot+file+waiver.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

I am having some problems posting here. I just said immediate relatives of U.S. Citizen (children,spouses and parents can file waiver to overcome inelegebility,but not parents of green card holders. In this particular case Uscis probably won't approve the waiver because of his 2 years sentence.

Filed: Timeline

I am having some problems posting here. I just said immediate relatives of U.S. Citizen (children,spouses and parents can file waiver to overcome inelegebility,but not parents of green card holders. In this particular case Uscis probably won't approve the waiver because of his 2 years sentence.

Parents of USCs are not included in the list of relatives who might benefit from a waiver. Spouses and children, not parents. :wacko:

Filed: Other Timeline

He holds a letter signed by AG not to be deported, the prosecutor on his criminal case agreed, his attys retain by his kids wants to know Y proper forms

were not filled out on his behalf, only god can judge,his kids want this, he feels betrayed I think; he seem not that concernd,but his safety there is a big factor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.