daniel_perth

Starting a Business in VEGAS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello All,

I am curious to know if anyone is doing the journey of trying to start a business in the states. At the moment my wife runs a great floristry business mainly doing wedding flowers. We are trying to move to Las Vegas and we figured this could be a good way. Does any one have any advice or is in a similar boat?

I am wanting to work as well, however I know it can be hard to get on a visa which allows me to gain employment, so i am even looking at possibly studying a course and trying to get a student visa.

Please help. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there, not enough info....

You are from Australia and your wife is a USC?

You are not on any visa at the moment? You don't have EAD (work permit)??

Im thinking about a job or a business too, since my Aus profession can't be transferred to US without a master degree and length certifying process. i'm on K-1. and after I get married i will have an EAD.

we are thinking of doing soap candle business, or sell some handmade crafty things online.

Edited by Athena13

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi there, not enough info....

You are from Australia and your wife is a USC?

You are not on any visa at the moment? You don't have EAD (work permit)??

Im thinking about a job or a business too, since my Aus profession can't be transferred to US without a master degree and length certifying process. i'm on K-1. and after I get married i will have an EAD.

we are thinking of doing soap candle business, or sell some handmade crafty things online.

apologies for being vague.. Me and my wife are both Australian, both trying to migrate to the US. so far we have nothing, as we are in the infancy of our journey, but just trying to get an idea..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

ummm i see, that I'm not sure, please wait for others input.

I got a friend with her husband from Sydney, they entered the green card lottery and got it! It's a rare case I suppose.

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

apologies for being vague.. Me and my wife are both Australian, both trying to migrate to the US. so far we have nothing, as we are in the infancy of our journey, but just trying to get an idea..

Google "investor visa" to get started.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

unforunately we don't have a spare 500k to put into the business, we are wanting to start from scratch there.

currently she runs the business with 3 employees, but it is still a new business.

thanks for your help so far.

Starting up a new biz without substantial investment capital isn't likely. (to obtain a visa)

Student visa is for more than taking a course or two. And it doesn't authorize you (or an accompanying spouse) to work.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.