caley

UNUSUAL PROBLEM - HELP

53 posts in this topic

the bad move you made is indicating your fiance on your child's bc as the father.

me as well had a child from ex and even before the child was born i met my husband

and he volunteered to sign on my child's bc but i said no cuz i don't want complications.

we tried to process the adoption thing here in the Philippines but waaaaay too many requirements

so we skip that thing, and decide to wait till the child gets to US and have the adoption process there instead.

you can go to your local registry office if you know someone from there you can ask advice on what to do.

for sure USEM will require DNA testing.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

the bad move you made is indicating your fiance on your child's bc as the father.

me as well had a child from ex and even before the child was born i met my husband

and he volunteered to sign on my child's bc but i said no cuz i don't want complications.

we tried to process the adoption thing here in the Philippines but waaaaay too many requirements

so we skip that thing, and decide to wait till the child gets to US and have the adoption process there instead.

you can go to your local registry office if you know someone from there you can ask advice on what to do.

for sure USEM will require DNA testing.

so the things that i have to do is change my son's surname and remove my fiance's name as the father right. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

so the things that i have to do is change my son's surname and remove my fiance's name as the father right. :unsure:

Yes.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the link for the NSO Certificate Correction of Entry: http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/nso-certificate-correction

Good luck.

what is the best thing to do

Caley, don't lose sleep over it. Write to the American Citizens' Services of the Embassy where your fiancee is and tell them that you're not claiming US Citizenship for your child because of the reason(s) you've stated. The American Citizen Services will give you a letter acknowledging your abandonment of your child's claim to US Citizenship. Use this letter when you get an RFE from the CO either during the interview or before the interview.

I am in the same situation and that's what USCIS Manila told me to do when I wrote them a letter.

Thank you very much.

I am not sure if this is still a CORRECTION OF ENTRY from NSO.

cuz the problem here is the entire FATHER section of the Birth Certificate

(Father's First, Last and Middle Name...Occupation, Citizenship and

Age during the Time of Birth) this is not just a simple correction.

like wrong name, wrong birth date or birth place, wrong gender...

So better yet see a lawyer instead and ask for legal advice.

Our Time Line
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Caley,

I wanna share this link for you to read. http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/dear-pao/7128-petitioning-court-to-change-childs-surname

In the NSO site, changing the surname of you child falls under the Correction of Entry. It is clearly written there that the 1st step is to hire a lawyer. He will represent you in filing for this Petition for Change of Name.

It is up to you if you are going to go through this or not. We can only share advice & links so that you can make a decision that is right/best for your family.

Caley, don't lose sleep over it. Write to the American Citizens' Services of the Embassy where your fiancee is and tell them that you're not claiming US Citizenship for your child because of the reason(s) you've stated. The American Citizen Services will give you a letter acknowledging your abandonment of your child's claim to US Citizenship. Use this letter when you get an RFE from the CO either during the interview or before the interview.

I am in the same situation and that's what USCIS Manila told me to do when I wrote them a letter.

really.maybe i should try your suggestion first, yes i was planning to ask the CO about my son's case when ill have my interview. so we wer on the same exact situation. did they approved it and and your son/daughter got a visa. can you tell me more about the details because im really wanna know how. thank you very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.