Rebecca Jo

Before you permanently move to the US

541 posts in this topic

Wow, that's good news! :thumbs:

My husband sent an email to Chris Bryant but he still hasn't responded, which is rather disappointing. How long did it take for you to get a reply? Maybe I need to write to him too!

It's been reported that Bryant is only answering questions from his constituents. Because he was flooded with more e-mails than he could handle.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's been reported that Bryant is only answering questions from his constituents. Because he was flooded with more e-mails than he could handle.

So if I don't reside in the UK then my opinion doesn't matter? Interesting. That is basically the same attitude that the proposed changes too. :P Who can I complain to? :unsure:

John Healey; David is from the Sheffield area in South Yorkshire. It's a strong Labour hold area.

edit: rocks, I think RJ meant that unless you are represented in that particular area, you won't get a response. Your district would probably be where you last lived or your parent's place; where you would have voted in the last election.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

John Healey; David is from the Sheffield area in South Yorkshire. It's a strong Labour hold area.

edit: rocks, I think RJ meant that unless you are represented in that particular area, you won't get a response. Your district would probably be where you last lived or your parent's place; where you would have voted in the last election.

Yeah, I know that's what she meant but it still stinks. ;)

Unfortunately my old MP is Lib Dem, so is my mums and my dads is conservative. Somehow I feel like my complaints will fall on deaf ears?

This video is a big investment of your time. If you are interested start at about 16:35 to watch the debate in Parliament today.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=10939

I think it is important to note how neatly the Home Secretary intertwines criminality and family.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is a large immigrant community in Sheffield.

I am sure that is a factor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

omg she refers to spouses as "non criminals without children".

:crying: :crying:

Timeline

omg she refers to spouses as "non criminals without children".

:crying: :crying:

:lol:

Her hair should be criminal. :devil:

I watched a large amount of the video you posted before, is this the same one?

When is this being discussed in the house of lords?

Edited by rocks

:lol:

Her hair should be criminal. :devil:

I watched a large amount of the video you posted before, is this the same one?

When is this being discussed in the house of lords?

No the vid I posted last week was when the bill was laid before Parliament last week. This is the Home Secretary putting her bill for motion and some debate today.

And from what I read in the Beeb, unfortunately the motion is granted.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Timeline

No the vid I posted last week was when the bill was laid before Parliament last week. This is the Home Secretary putting her bill for motion and some debate today.

And from what I read in the Beeb, unfortunately the motion is granted.

Ah ok, I will give it a watch tomorrow then. I tried looking for an update on this today but I couldn't find anything so thanks for this! :)

Ah ok, I will give it a watch tomorrow then. I tried looking for an update on this today but I couldn't find anything so thanks for this! :)

You're welcome.

It's been clarified by Point of Order that Commons approving the motion does NOT stop the rules from being challenged or changed. Shadow cabinet is pointing out that they are only supporting the Article 8 applications (as if that is not scary enough), and not the individual rules themselves.

Timeline

Today I got a canned response from Chris Bryant. It said he can't advise me on my visa process and to find a lawyer. Thanks for not reading my complaint. :bonk:

I watched that video up to about 45 mins through last night, will watch some more today. :)

If anybody is wanting to contact somebody from Labour, there is a list of all of the MP's here http://www.labour.org.uk/mp/constituencies/

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.