ultracrow

K-1 and Philippines. Please help...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance living in the Philippines just received her K-1 visa. She attended her seminar last week. The people at the seminar gave her a letter stating that she must bring a certificate of employment with her when she travels to the US. She is on a K-1 visa and will not be returning to the Philippines. She explained this to them and they still insist she needs the certificate from work or she will not be admitted into the US. None of the instructions prior to this mentioned work verification. Now her workplace told her it will take a month to give her a letter of work verification, not to mention that she already resigned her job. Her flight to the US is scheduled for next week. Is what they told her true? Does she need to prove she has a job in the Philippines to be admitted into the US even though she is arriving on a K-1 visa???

05/20/2006 - sent I-129F to Vermont

05/22/2006 - I-129F received at Vermont

05/31/2006-NOA1 sent to me

06/03/2006-touched

06/05/2006-NOA1 received by me

06/16/2006 IMBRA RFE sent to me

06/22/2006 IMBRA RFE received by me

06/24/2006 IMBRA RFE sent to Vermont

06/26/2006 IMBRA RFE received at Vermont

06/28/2006 touched

07/07/2006 approved by Vermont!

10/05/2006 Interview at Embassy

10/13/2006 Visa received

10/27/2006 Lily arrives in USA!!!

12/08/2006 Married!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance living in the Philippines just received her K-1 visa. She attended her seminar last week. The people at the seminar gave her a letter stating that she must bring a certificate of employment with her when she travels to the US. She is on a K-1 visa and will not be returning to the Philippines. She explained this to them and they still insist she needs the certificate from work or she will not be admitted into the US. None of the instructions prior to this mentioned work verification. Now her workplace told her it will take a month to give her a letter of work verification, not to mention that she already resigned her job. Her flight to the US is scheduled for next week. Is what they told her true? Does she need to prove she has a job in the Philippines to be admitted into the US even though she is arriving on a K-1 visa???

It will not be required at the POE into the US....

YMMV

The people at the seminar gave her a letter stating that she must bring a certificate of employment with her when she travels to the US x x x they still insist she needs the certificate from work or she will not be admitted into the US.

Geez, the things some of these CFO people tells the ladies.

The letter of employment would only be required if she was travelling on a work visa.

it's definatey not required by US Immigration for a K-1. if related to work visa, would think it would be a letter from employer here in US. cant understand why CFO would say that. glad they didn't confuse my fiance with misinformation.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree, when my wife attended CFO and got a stamp in her passport half the stuff they told her was not true, it is amazing how little about the process they actually know beyond putting that stamp into the ladies passport.

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

I agree, when my wife attended CFO and got a stamp in her passport half the stuff they told her was not true, it is amazing how little about the process they actually know beyond putting that stamp into the ladies passport.

my fiance attend in Cebu last Feb. when she goes to get the stamp, will tell her not to worry if they give her any misinformation. just smile and say, stamp please.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

There are 2 different CFO seminars - one for overseas workers and one for marriage based immigration. Did she attend the wrong one?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

There are 2 different CFO seminars - one for overseas workers and one for marriage based immigration. Did she attend the wrong one?

That's what I was wondering.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Timeline

That's what I was wondering.

Ditto

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Timeline

Yes, she did attend the correct seminar. It was entirely fiances at the seminar and a psychologist spoke to them concerning marriage in America. It was entirely marriage based. But the point of my original post here is that they told her at the seminar that she would need a letter from her FILIPINO employer, not proof of US employment or anything. Well, anyway, I got this straightened out by talking to a member and the people who posted here. So one less worry. LOL. Thanks everyone.

05/20/2006 - sent I-129F to Vermont

05/22/2006 - I-129F received at Vermont

05/31/2006-NOA1 sent to me

06/03/2006-touched

06/05/2006-NOA1 received by me

06/16/2006 IMBRA RFE sent to me

06/22/2006 IMBRA RFE received by me

06/24/2006 IMBRA RFE sent to Vermont

06/26/2006 IMBRA RFE received at Vermont

06/28/2006 touched

07/07/2006 approved by Vermont!

10/05/2006 Interview at Embassy

10/13/2006 Visa received

10/27/2006 Lily arrives in USA!!!

12/08/2006 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.