TropicalRose

Medical Result...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will be having my medical exam together with my 5-year-old son soon. I estimated 3 days for it to finish because we still have to

wait and go back for his Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)result. After that, the usual wait for the medical result to be sent to the US

Embassy is from 2-3 weeks, if I'm not mistaken.

Is there a chance that SLMEC will give the medical result, let's say, in a few days, if we arrange to go back there and pick it up, then

just handcarry it ourselves to USEM during our scheduled interview?

Thanks!

ENGAGED TO STRAIGHTSHOOTER

TIMELINE

Met online 8 May 11

Met in person 1 Dec 11

Joined VJ 22 Dec 11

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

as a rule the medical results are in a sealed envelope you dont know what the doctor put in there,you give the envelope to the innigration officer at the interview, some medical envelopes are sent to the us embassy by the medical office.

no, they get sent directly to the embassy there in manila. I have not heard of anyone getting to hand carry their results to the embassy. It doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get the results to the embassy though....2-3 days is more like it as in most cases if you don't do the advanced medical the embassy "schedules" your medical a week prior to the interview.

BTW, I don't believe St Luke's does the skin test (at least they didn't with my wife) they will do an x-ray of the lungs. The medical normally only takes 2 days. Also, when you go for the medical, they have you fill out paperwork that asks your date of interview.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

no, they get sent directly to the embassy there in manila. I have not heard of anyone getting to hand carry their results to the embassy. It doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get the results to the embassy though....2-3 days is more like it as in most cases if you don't do the advanced medical the embassy "schedules" your medical a week prior to the interview.

BTW, I don't believe St Luke's does the skin test (at least they didn't with my wife) they will do an x-ray of the lungs. The medical normally only takes 2 days. Also, when you go for the medical, they have you fill out paperwork that asks your date of interview.

SLEC does the skin test for children, which means that she will have to return after 48-72 hours to have his arm examined for reaction to the test. Hence, the 3 days.

We've read on here that at least one person was able to handcarry the medical results because her USEM interview was only 2 days away, but want to know if that is common or extraordinarily rare. And there have been a couple threads where it took more than a week for the results to arrive at USEM from SLEC.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will be having my medical exam together with my 5-year-old son soon. I estimated 3 days for it to finish because we still have to

wait and go back for his Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)result. After that, the usual wait for the medical result to be sent to the US

Embassy is from 2-3 weeks, if I'm not mistaken.

Is there a chance that SLMEC will give the medical result, let's say, in a few days, if we arrange to go back there and pick it up, then

just handcarry it ourselves to USEM during our scheduled interview?

Thanks!

It does not take 2-3 weeks for the medical to get to the embassy, it takes a couple days. My wife had her physical on a Monday and the interview was the next week Wednesday, 9 days, never wondered if the medical would be there.

They will do all the tests on the 1st day and results the second day normally. If they don't do TB testing and things move quickly St. Luke's can complete everything in one day, as they did with my wife

Are you expecting the x-rays to show scars or such that would give cause to do TB tests?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

SLEC does the skin test for children, which means that she will have to return after 48-72 hours to have his arm examined for reaction to the test. Hence, the 3 days.

We've read on here that at least one person was able to handcarry the medical results because her USEM interview was only 2 days away, but want to know if that is common or extraordinarily rare. And there have been a couple threads where it took more than a week for the results to arrive at USEM from SLEC.

Yes I have read on here of some hand carrying the medical records when they were short on time also.

So for the kids they do a skin test no matter? Interesting.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

It does not take 2-3 weeks for the medical to get to the embassy, it takes a couple days. My wife had her physical on a Monday and the interview was the next week Wednesday, 9 days, never wondered if the medical would be there.

They will do all the tests on the 1st day and results the second day normally. If they don't do TB testing and things move quickly St. Luke's can complete everything in one day, as they did with my wife

Are you expecting the x-rays to show scars or such that would give cause to do TB tests?

No, she's not expecting any scars, etc. We've already had her get recent x-rays taken locally, as well as having her son do the skin test too. Both of them were all clear. They'll both sail through the medical without problem. The TB skin test does take 2 days minimum, though. So the results won't be available till then.

I was also thinking of allowing 9 days from start of medical to interview date. That will give 5 biz days or so for the medical records to reach USEM after completion... assuming no holidays in there. LOL

But, it would be nice to truncate that down to just a couple of days. Like finishing the medical on a Wednesday and going to the interview 2 days later on Friday.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Question... how do we know when USEM has actually received the medical package? Do we call them and ask or do they notify us in some way?

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Question... how do we know when USEM has actually received the medical package? Do we call them and ask or do they notify us in some way?

St. Luke's knows when you appointment is scheduled, that is why they want the letter/confirmation for the interview from the embassy, they will get the medical there on time or have them hand carried. If there would be an issue they would let you know. I would give them 5 working days personally.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you go back and read some threads, there have been beneficiaries that had medical and interview in the same week. As Hank mentioned, they know when the interview is scheduled. Hence, the reason sealed results are given to beneficiary to hand-carry if the interview date is imminent. The medical results will be at USEM, one way or another.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.