Another Countdown Thread!!!!!!

235 posts in this topic

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Can everyone just please get their quotes together? It's hurting my eyes trying to figure it all out :P:hehe:

I agree -- it gets exceedingly difficult to read (and it's not only in this thread, but all over the various forums.) You have to scroll through endless recaps of what has already been said in order to find the new response.

One does not need to quote lengthy strings of back-and-forth between several posters in order to respond to one particular sentence by one particular person. Pleeeeeeease... just delete the extraneous parts and limit the quote to the snippet you're responding to.

Admittedly, the formatting can be confusing, but if one is not sure -- use the "post preview" button to take a look. I promise: you'll get the hang of it if you try !

Back to the fray...

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can you end this thread already, just give private her peace! She has been through enough!

I am sorry you feel we aren't giving Private her peace, that is not my intentions at all.

When our petition was returned I searched desperately for any discussion that was about returned petitions. I wanted to learn, and I wanted to learn it all. Unfortunately there was no such discussions here...I was lost. That was over a year ago, and now you see it discussed left and right. Hopefully all will handle it with facts, support, understanding and kindness.

Actually I have been in contact with Private through PM's, and she is going through what we have all gone through in the past. In fact, my suggestion was that she stayed away from Visa Journey until she collects her thoughts. We have hooked her up with a group that can best help her through this entire process, so she will be well taken care of.

M4, good morning. I have a quick question. Are you a member of the group? Where are you in the process of your case?

:whistle:

Opsy opsy...I found you!

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can you end this thread already, just give private her peace! She has been through enough!

I am sorry you feel we aren't giving Private her peace, that is not my intentions at all.

When our petition was returned I searched desperately for any discussion that was about returned petitions. I wanted to learn, and I wanted to learn it all. Unfortunately there was no such discussions here...I was lost. That was over a year ago, and now you see it discussed left and right. Hopefully all will handle it with facts, support, understanding and kindness.

Actually I have been in contact with Private through PM's, and she is going through what we have all gone through in the past. In fact, my suggestion was that she stayed away from Visa Journey until she collects her thoughts. We have hooked her up with a group that can best help her through this entire process, so she will be well taken care of.

M4, good morning. I have a quick question. Are you a member of the group? Where are you in the process of your case?

I totally agree with you on the denied cases issue and info. When our case was returned (March 05) I knew nothing and no one!!! All I received here was sympathy, which was ok, (I am not complaining about that). But what I needed was help and what do we do now!!!

Thankfully there is now a place for those couples to go who will get the best advice and support.

Hugs :)

chi

Hi Chi, yes I am one of the members of the group. I am also the one that has had their petition reaffirmed, and I am waiting now for the second interview.

I have actually talked you you in a different yahoo screen name, I have a few...lol....and you have given me some really good advice. You are the one that suggested that I include every thing on my rebuttal, not just what they claimed were the reasons for the return. So far it is working, we will see at the consulate.

What are the many red flags? She asked questions to get him confused and he answered all, she went on and at the end the only thing she could say was that we have not known each other long enough. This makes me sick. I did not know there where time constraints and again it is a K-1 VISA. Fiance not a marriage visa, we get 3 months and then you have to get married.

First off, I'm very sorry to hear of your setback. This sucks, and I hope you can fight it.

But a fiancé visa isn't a 'get-to-know-each-other-better' visa. In order to file it, you have to sign a letter saying you already intend to get married. That's the assumption the government makes: if you're applying for this visa, you already know the person well enough to get married. The three months is there to make it easier to get in the country, get married, and adjust status, not so the couple can see if they like each other well enough.

Now, there's no specific time limit, like you must have known each other a year and a half in person or anything. But because the fiancé visa is for bringing someone here to marry, not to get to know them, they will look at the timeline as one of many things they'll use to figure out if the relationship is legit. We may all use the 90 days to get comfortable with our fiancé, but as far as the government is concerned, we have to be mentally ready on day 1 at the PoE. Saying 'we've only known each other a week but we'll have three months to be sure' isn't going to be convincing as you fight this.

It is funny but I wanted to share one thing with the group, one of my fiance cousins she is here and she is from Morocco. The US citizen was male and he applied for her and they have been marrie dfor 5 years, she and him from start of relationship until the POE was 5 months. So tell me what about time here?

Private, you will see a vast difference the way they handle the women from Morocco's petitions to the mens. They don't scrutize them nearly as much.

From what I understand, Morocco is considered one of the high fraud countries, and it is usually the men marrying american women. Unlike in the Philippines, where they are also considered a high fraud country, but it is usually the women marry the men that are USC. Each consulate does things differently, and it is based on their location. We selected men from Morocco, we are blessed because these men are wonderful, but we are cursed because of where they live. If I could do this entire process differently I would still select my sweet husband, but I would have addressed everything from the start, in the initial petition. Live and learn I say, but once this is over I am glad I won't be doing it ever again!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Two different opinion here or two different laws?

Who knows the truth??

chi

In this country, we don't have the right to marry whomever we choose. Gay people certainly don't have the right. However, we are free to marry these men, but we don't have the right to bring them here. Immigration is not a right.

There is no right to marry whomever you choose. You have a right to marry whomever the laws will allow you to marry. Most marriage laws are handled at the state level, but with immigration then you face federal law.

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can everyone just please get their quotes together? It's hurting my eyes trying to figure it all out :P:hehe:

I agree -- it gets exceedingly difficult to read (and it's not only in this thread, but all over the various forums.) You have to scroll through endless recaps of what has already been said in order to find the new response.

One does not need to quote lengthy strings of back-and-forth between several posters in order to respond to one particular sentence by one particular person. Pleeeeeeease... just delete the extraneous parts and limit the quote to the snippet you're responding to.

Admittedly, the formatting can be confusing, but if one is not sure -- use the "post preview" button to take a look. I promise: you'll get the hang of it if you try !

Back to the fray...

(F)

-MK

Post preview....never thought about that before, just another "duh" moment I guess!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Hi! I now know...lol a blonde moment! (F)

Hi Chi, yes I am one of the members of the group. I am also the one that has had their petition reaffirmed, and I am waiting now for the second interview.

I have actually talked you you in a different yahoo screen name, I have a few...lol....and you have given me some really good advice. You are the one that suggested that I include every thing on my rebuttal, not just what they claimed were the reasons for the return. So far it is working, we will see at the consulate.

Me tooooooooooooooo, if only I had known! >>>>>>>>>>

:star: If I could do this entire process differently I would still select my sweet husband, but I would have addressed everything from the start, in the initial petition. Live and learn I say, but once this is over I am glad I won't be doing it ever again! :star:

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I understand, Morocco is considered one of the high fraud countries, and it is usually the men marrying american women. Unlike in the Philippines, where they are also considered a high fraud country, but it is usually the women marry the men that are USC. Each consulate does things differently, and it is based on their location. We selected men from Morocco, we are blessed because these men are wonderful, but we are cursed because of where they live. If I could do this entire process differently I would still select my sweet husband, but I would have addressed everything from the start, in the initial petition. Live and learn I say, but once this is over I am glad I won't be doing it ever again!

Very well said Morocco, hind-sight being 20/20. Now all me and my husband can do is keep pressing onward toward some kind of decision one way or the other. Then we will go at it again, never giving up.

Edited by bornot2b

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Not harrassing, just asking...

Private,

I saw that you posted about filing a hardship waiver in the thread here....did you end up doing that? or not??

????

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Private,

I saw that you posted about filing a hardship waiver in the thread here....did you end up doing that? or not??

????

Oh my......whats this all about? :huh: Did you ever meet him?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok well besides the hardship thing, which seems very odd and fishy to me...

Private in a lot of your posts you say "I think we're going to get denied". I have read it a lot from yuo and I am wondering why you think you were going to get denied? You were concerned about a hardship letter, about not having a common language between you two, and several other things.

So why were you so worried the whole time about being denied?

Why did you ask about a hardship letter after you filed and already visited? It's not a hardship if you were able to visit... were you able to visit?

I'm sorry but none of this makes sense to me.

Also, just out of curiosity, what is your advanced degree going to be in?

Sarah

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs: one of the best statements i've seen in about 8 pages

I happen to think it's the worst.

Part of being in a true support system is saying what sometimes doesn't want to be heard. Yeah, all the 'rah rah sis boom bah I'm sorry' posts are great and emotionally soothing, the only posts to actually offer some constructive and helpful advice is from the posts that keep getting slammed as 'unsupportive'

Private, I'm very sorry for your denial. Please take the time you need to get your head round this so you can see these ladies here giving you some solutions to recitifying your situation and they are most indeed not kicking you when you're down.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Private,

????

Going by the picture in her profile, I would say she did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Private,

????

Going by the picture in her profile, I would say she did.

Oh..I stand corrected. :blush: Then what on earth would she need a hardship for? :huh:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.