Crashed~N2~Me

John Quidilla Needs Help

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

His Mother and Sister will be moving back soon anyway.

I was born and grew up in my country and knew nothing else, but I moved to the US.

Most who move to the US Legally or Illegally are in a similar position.

So what's the problem here?

His Mother and Sister will be moving back soon anyway.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Even if his mother and sister were moving back soon after he left, what the hell is he going to do when he arrives at the Manila airport? He will immediately be a HAB (Homeless and Broke to EMS Folks). Its not as simple as your saying. Were talking about human beings, not a turtle you move off the highway.

It is a damaging situation for someone who has lived here as long as he has, who has grown up int he country to be shipped out to a foreign place. He may have lived there as a child, but he has no idea how to live there as an adult.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He has a 10 year ban in the offering for violating the law, he is seeking clemancy for violating the law and he thinks he deserves to be granted a get out of jail free card after he breaks the law. There are tens of thousands of people about his age that have been here since childhood that have never broken any US laws and entered legally. They should be first in line.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Even if his mother and sister were moving back soon after he left, what the hell is he going to do when he arrives at the Manila airport? He will immediately be a HAB (Homeless and Broke to EMS Folks). Its not as simple as your saying. Were talking about human beings, not a turtle you move off the highway.

It is a damaging situation for someone who has lived here as long as he has, who has grown up int he country to be shipped out to a foreign place. He may have lived there as a child, but he has no idea how to live there as an adult.

It was mentioned earlier that they received a good layout from his fathers life assurance. Also that he has strong family ties so I am not sure where you get HAB from

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

He has a 10 year ban in the offering for violating the law, he is seeking clemancy for violating the law and he thinks he deserves to be granted a get out of jail free card after he breaks the law. There are tens of thousands of people about his age that have been here since childhood that have never broken any US laws and entered legally. They should be first in line.

Can you even explain how he "broke the law"? I seriously doubt it. :wacko:

FYI...he fell out of status. Is that a "crime"? :bonk:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

It was mentioned earlier that they received a good layout from his fathers life assurance. Also that he has strong family ties so I am not sure where you get HAB from

Them receiving a life insurance payout is my assumption. Based on the type of position John's father had...I am confident he had L.I..

Where are his "strong family ties"? Here in the US and that's it. The petition clearly states he has no other family. period.

I'm beginning to think that some1 has not thoroughly read the petition and is simply shooting from the hip. :whistle:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

BTW...for those (that might be) interested.

It appears...the petition signature does not require first and last name. (so identity can be protected)

No donation is required.

A single signature does not cost any1 anything but obviously...each signature is very valuable to John and his family.

After some thought...my wife and I signed the petition. We believe (for us) it is the right thing to do. (but) That's our POV.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Both the Mother and Sister are paying International Student rates at a US college. And supporting his brother and presumably him.

Plus the married sister.

So no shortage of resources.

Plus of course hecan use his US education and strong resume to get a job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Can you even explain how he "broke the law"? I seriously doubt it. :wacko:

FYI...he fell out of status. Is that a "crime"? :bonk:

Overstaying your premitted stay in the US is a crime. The law says you must leave. If he didn't commit a crime what in the world does he need clemancy for ? He was ordered deported, was that for spitting on the sidewalk ? No it was for not obeying the law.

In case you have trouble with the word crime

an act or the commission of an act that is forbidden or the omission of a duty that is commanded by a public law and that makes the offender liable to punishment by that law

He has been found guilty and the punishment is deportation. It seems you are blinded by your single minded need to help your country folk even when they have been found guilty by the US process.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

Overstaying your premitted stay in the US is a crime. The law says you must leave. If he didn't commit a crime what in the world does he need clemancy for ? He was ordered deported, was that for spitting on the sidewalk ? No it was for not obeying the law.

an act or the commission of an act that is forbidden or the omission of a duty that is commanded by a public law and that makes the offender liable to punishment by that law

He has been found guilty and the punishment is deportation. It seems you are blinded by your single minded need to help your country folk even when they have been found guilty by the US process.

Thank you to all of you who are so quick to assume things about John and his family and remind us why it can be a very humbling and difficult thing to ask for help.

John has not been found guilty of anything, he is currently in a court case which is why there is a petition. If he had been found guilty and been told to leave he would be gone. John is by no means a self-righteous nor selfish man. After his father's death there were endless attempts to rectify his legal status and this is all a continuation of that fight.

He has not been ordered to be deported.

Those 600 signatures you see on the petition are not from clueless ignorant people. A great majority are from fellow university students, professors, community leaders, as well as family and friends all of whom would truly suffer from the deportation of John. The rest of those signatures we owe to amazingly graceful and sympathetic strangers who understand that life is not just white and black, and sometimes the smallest of gifts can save a mans life.

If you choose to strongly disagree with this, something that personally affects you very little, all I ask is that you keep from being cruel or disrespectful. It takes a lot for us to ask for help, John and his family have put their lives and future in our communities hands and there is no need for you to treat them like they are any less human for it.

I think you might enjoy a little light reading. :whistle:

"The INA [immigration and Nationality Act] includes both criminal and civil components, providing both for criminal charges (e.g., alien smuggling, which is prosecuted in the federal courts) and for civil violations (e.g., lack of legal status, which may lead to removal through a separate administrative system in the Department of Justice). Being illegally present in the U.S. has always been a civil, not criminal, violation of the INA, and subsequent deportation and associated administrative processes are civil proceedings. For instance, a lawfully admitted nonimmigrant alien may become deportable if his visitor's visa expires or if his student status changes. Criminal violations of the INA, on the other hand, include felonies and misdemeanors and are prosecuted in federal district courts. These types of violations include the bringing in and harboring of certain undocumented aliens, the illegal entry of aliens, and the reentry of aliens previously excluded or deported."

Questions? :hehe:

Thank you to all of you who are so quick to assume things about John and his family and remind us why it can be a very humbling and difficult thing to ask for help.

John has not been found guilty of anything, he is currently in a court case which is why there is a petition. If he had been found guilty and been told to leave he would be gone. John is by no means a self-righteous nor selfish man. After his father's death there were endless attempts to rectify his legal status and this is all a continuation of that fight.

He has not been ordered to be deported.

Those 600 signatures you see on the petition are not from clueless ignorant people. A great majority are from fellow university students, professors, community leaders, as well as family and friends all of whom would truly suffer from the deportation of John. The rest of those signatures we owe to amazingly graceful and sympathetic strangers who understand that life is not just white and black, and sometimes the smallest of gifts can save a mans life.

If you choose to strongly disagree with this, something that personally affects you very little, all I ask is that you keep from being cruel or disrespectful. It takes a lot for us to ask for help, John and his family have put their lives and future in our communities hands and there is no need for you to treat them like they are any less human for it.

Well...it's about time one of you showed up. I've been tap dancing and juggling kittens to kill time while waiting for you guys to hit the stage. :hehe:

Please... feel free to correct any errors in my presentation and set the record straight... be aware there are more than a few hecklers in the audience.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Michael

(It wouldn't hurt to up a pic of John)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

I have sympathy for this person and their family. It must have been devastating to lose your father, and also understand that because of that loss, you must move back to your home country.

But I find some of the responses here odd. He entered legally under a temporary visa. Why does his legal entry constitute a right to stay indefinitely? It was a temporary visa. That means when it is over, you go home.

I don't have sympathy for anyone's argument that someone who moves at age 11 has never known another country. People have memories at age 10.

I don't think everyone who moves here at age 11 should automatically get to stay forever.

The whole family should have moved back home when this happened. It was a temporary visa to start off with anyway.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I guess we could re write the petition with some facts that have come out of this thread, but I am not sure there would be any point.

NigeriaorBust never said that he had breached the criminal code btw, as you pointed out the crime in this case is a civil infraction most likely as far as Immigration is concerned.

There are certainly Immigration infractions that are criminal as well as civil. And there are many criminal issues that could arise where those undocumented are involved, identity theft being perhaps the most common.

Nobody mentioned what courses his Sister and Mother are doing, but they seem to have last 4 years so far so there can not be too much time left. If all these actions were just to delay his eventual deportation until his Sister and Mother have completed their courses so they can all go together then I can see their point even if it is a terrible waste of limited public resources.

But then as has been said in this thread, we are dealing with a broken system.

Filed: Timeline

I guess we could re write the petition with some facts that have come out of this thread, but I am not sure there would be any point.

NigeriaorBust never said that he had breached the criminal code btw, as you pointed out the crime in this case is a civil infraction most likely as far as Immigration is concerned.

There are certainly Immigration infractions that are criminal as well as civil. And there are many criminal issues that could arise where those undocumented are involved, identity theft being perhaps the most common.

Nobody mentioned what courses his Sister and Mother are doing, but they seem to have last 4 years so far so there can not be too much time left. If all these actions were just to delay his eventual deportation until his Sister and Mother have completed their courses so they can all go together then I can see their point even if it is a terrible waste of limited public resources.

But then as has been said in this thread, we are dealing with a broken system.

Honestly after all the insulting and incredibly opinionated "facts" I read on the first page alone I had little interest in seeing what other demeaning remarks I could run into.

The rest of John's family are now all legal residents or citizens. They are not in any risk of being deported nor are they breaking any laws. So let's put those assumptions to rest.

All these actions were not just to delay his "eventual deportation" but to fight and rectify John's legal status.

Please refrain from referring to any of them as criminals and placing you opinionated ideas of "justice" on them. The death of John's father caused greater injury to his family then most family deaths do to any common family. I realize to many of you they are just strangers and it means nothing to you, but this case affects several lives and I hope you keep that in mind before making quick judgments.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.